Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*can literally NOT stop sacking Ctesiphon over and over*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*sails new navy over to start a fight*
*consults sacred chickens, who will not eat the grain thrown in front of them*
*decides they are thirsty, instead, and throws them overboard*

*gets his rear end handed to him in the next battle*

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Phlairdon posted:

"My, what a minor inconvenience"

*proceeds to curb stomp the lot of you*

*by 'curbstomps' means 'mill around italy for several years ineffectually scaring some towns and never even gets close to winning or conquering over the eternal city'*
*later has a funny anecdote about a dinner party while he dies in exile as his former society is relegated to the dustbin of history*

:agesilaus:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

kindermord posted:

romans having special places for vomiting really isn't any more strange than german ppl having designated farting locations

The roman's didn't have special places for vomiting.
That's what he's getting at. hth

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I love listening to the agonized screams of dying animals for entertainment

I hate rap music too

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Noctis Horrendae posted:

*sees cross in sky*
*converts entire empire to religion associated with said cross*

That didn't happen.
He just said that happened like 20 years later when Christianity was "a thing".
In the meantime he just let his dudes worship whoever. When it became convenient he was like "Oh YEAH! YEAH that totally happened!" and it was right at the time he had to make some important christian dogma official that he decided that "gently caress yeah! I saw the cross in the sky! AND I'M the emperor! So...I'm right! So listen to me!"

...and then the christians still felt slighted. loving Jews-lite, am I right?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Arianism broke up the Roman empire more than bad august'ing did. qtiyd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Ok guys, what this crumbling millennial empire needs is a polar dichotomy about what the greek words for 'Are' and 'Is' mean. This will determine the course of Western culture for 2000 years. Debate."
--Diocletian through Constantine's great grand children as the empire falls.

Afternoon session:

Pictures of Saints? Should we blind our royal children over them and recall our generals? A study in "JUST loving STOP IT AND RECONQUER EUROPE ALREADY JESUS gently caress"

• Locked thread