Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
It would be terrible unwatchable piece of crap with one of those big dumb season long plot arcs.

You what makes a show better? Making sure that the viewer has seen every episode leading up to the current episode to glean any possible enjoyment from this show. Personally I welcome our new TV overlords and look forward to being IV fed as I watch the newest episode of the walking dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
needs more nelix

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

bring back macgyver

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

P-Mack posted:

bring back macgyver

CCrew
Nov 5, 2007

Sometimes I like long running plots in shows, breaking bad was pretty good. It's not a net terrible thing in all cases

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Year of Hell being a season long and not getting reset at the end would have made Voyager better.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

dMastri posted:

needs more nelix

i've been watching voyager lately and nothing needs more neelix. i wouldn't wish a neelix on history's greatest monsters.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The Alec Baldwin movie The Shadow contains a scene of Neelix shooting himself in front of the dad from ALF. I recommend it to Neelix haters and Neelix lovers.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Volcott posted:

Year of Hell being a season long and not getting reset at the end would have made Voyager better.

every third episode of voyager has a reset button at the end

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Would be more like game of thrones. Wesley would be joffrey.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Hollis Brownsound posted:

It would be terrible unwatchable piece of crap with one of those big dumb season long plot arcs.

You what makes a show better? Making sure that the viewer has seen every episode leading up to the current episode to glean any possible enjoyment from this show. Personally I welcome our new TV overlords and look forward to being IV fed as I watch the newest episode of the walking dead.

There was a story arc all the way through TNG too. It turned out the main character all along was Data.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Oh hey it's a star trek thread, has anyone mentioned Year of Hell yet?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

oncearoundaltair posted:

Surprised this hasn't happened yet.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

oncearoundaltair posted:

I'd pay a hefty sum of money to watch the Joffrey death scene starring Will Wheaton, except he actually dies.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Kitchner posted:

There was a story arc all the way through TNG too. It turned out the main character all along was Data.

No the main character was Brent Spiner easy mistake.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i still haven't figured out if all of you nerds are watching Star Trek ironically or not, because goddamn it is insufferably bad

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Fonzarelli posted:

i still haven't figured out if all of you nerds are watching Star Trek ironically or not, because goddamn it is insufferably bad

They are not

They actually like this space show

What the gently caress

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

P-Mack posted:

bring back macgyver

Bring back SG1, starring Richard Dean Anderson

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Skeleton Ape posted:

They are not

What the gently caress

It was one of the best shows on the Rural Alaska Television Network or RATNET for short.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Fonzarelli posted:

wrongest post ever made....congrats

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Fonzarelli posted:

Actually it's you who is bad. Bad at identifying good television, which Star Trek: The Next Generation is.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Applewhite posted:

Actually it's you who is bad. Bad at identifying good television, which Star Trek: The Next Generation is.

especially season 1

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
drat! A lot of big ole titties on this show!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want a new Star Trek t.v. series, but I actually want it to be something with season long storylines but only 12 episodes a season. I can't handle these 22 - 24 episode long seasons.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I want a new Star Trek t.v. series, but I actually want it to be something with season long storylines but only 12 episodes a season. I can't handle these 22 - 24 episode long seasons.

Also on HBO, with lots of titties and loving.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Cubey posted:

especially season 1

things that make shows good:

all the out-of-shape male actors wearing the same super tight onesies that the female cast has to wear

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Cubey posted:

especially season 1

yup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwr6sWK-_w0

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Also DS9 was more serial and did just fine.
I think. I didn't follow ratings or anything.

TNG was the poo poo. After S2. That infiltrated starfleet command arc from S1 was just lol. And Pulaski sucked.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I loved all of TNG, that is my favorite t.v. show.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

stoked for the blue ray remaster of TNG b/c troi's titties are in very high definition in it

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Skeleton Ape posted:

They are not

What the gently caress

people unironically like dr who too

i mean come on have you actually seen an episode of that garbage show, its so indescribably bad.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Frog Act posted:

stoked for the blue ray remaster of TNG b/c troi's titties are in very high definition in it

or you could just seek out the topless scene that marina sirtis did before she was on star trek. if you're a PERVERT, anyway.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Cubey posted:

or you could just seek out the topless scene that marina sirtis did before she was on star trek. if you're a PERVERT, anyway.

its just not the same

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
In season 1 of TNG, Data had been in Starfleet for 17 years and was 3rd in command of the Enterprise. Despite this, he still acted as though he had never met a person in his entire life and had to be explained even the simplest of things like not sticking your dick in the trash compactor. More importantly, why did Data want to be human so badly? Is it because he kind of looks humans? If he looked like a Vulcan would he consider himself perfect? No, of course, not. Data wants to be human because the writers of TNG are a bunch of racists. The noble white man travels the galaxy, telling the savages the correct way to live, and if they don't listen they are evil. Obviously Data would want to be human, because only somebody evil would not want to be human, and that person is Lore.

Vulcans? Despite having warp well before humans, it turns out they are just a bunch of backwards idiots that don't have emotions and the noble white man has to show them how real science is done. The Vulcan's are not evil, so they join the Federation and let humans do whatever they want.

Every civilization that did not want to join the Federation was evil. Klingons, Romulans, Borg, Ferengi, Cardassians, the Q Continuum, the Maquis, people on Bajor (whom were not necessarily Maquis) that did not want to be instantly snapped up by the Federation once the Cardassian threat was gone, the Breen.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Yaos posted:

In season 1 of TNG, Data had been in Starfleet for 17 years and was 3rd in command of the Enterprise. Despite this, he still acted as though he had never met a person in his entire life. More importantly, why did Data want to be human so badly? Is it because he kind of looks humans? If he looked like a Vulcan would he consider himself perfect? No, of course, not. Data wants to be human because the writers of TNG are a bunch of racists. The noble white man travels the galaxy, telling the savages the correct way to live, and if they don't listen they are evil. Obviously Data would want to be human, because only somebody evil would not want to be human, and that person is Lore.

Vulcans? Despite having warp well before humans, it turns out they are just a bunch of backwards idiots that don't have emotions and the noble white man has to show them how real science is done. The Vulcan's are not evil, so they join the Federation and let humans do whatever they want.

Every civilization that did not want to join the Federation was evil. Klingons, Romulans, Borg, Ferengi, Cardassians, the Q Continuum, the Maquis, people on Bajor (whom were not necessarily Maquis) that did not want to be instantly snapped up by the Federation once the Cardassian threat was gone, the Breen.

Vulcans are using humans as muscle in their civil war against the Romulans.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Yaos posted:

In season 1 of TNG, Data had been in Starfleet for 17 years and was 3rd in command of the Enterprise. Despite this, he still acted as though he had never met a person in his entire life and had to be explained even the simplest of things like not sticking your dick in the trash compactor. More importantly, why did Data want to be human so badly? Is it because he kind of looks humans? If he looked like a Vulcan would he consider himself perfect? No, of course, not. Data wants to be human because the writers of TNG are a bunch of racists. The noble white man travels the galaxy, telling the savages the correct way to live, and if they don't listen they are evil. Obviously Data would want to be human, because only somebody evil would not want to be human, and that person is Lore.

Just when I thought Star Trek couldn't get any more awesome!

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

redshirt posted:

Vulcans are using humans as muscle in their civil war against the Romulans.
They hosed up. Not surprising from a backwards race of savages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Yaos posted:

klingons and ferengi weren't really 'evil'. it can also be argued that the borg weren't evil, since they sincerely believed that what they were doing was helping everyone.

• Locked thread