Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Nitrousoxide posted:

I'm pretty sure they were literally prophets who didn't share the same views as the ones in the wormhole and so got kicked out.

Unless the the ability to see time non-linearly comes from being in the wormhole (unlikely since they didn't even understand the directionality of time "until" Sisko explained it to them) the Pah Wraiths should be the same.

What if Sisko created the Pah Wraiths when he entered the wormhole and explained linear time to them? :2bong: At first they were very disturbed by limited linear beings entering their precious wormhole, there was that whole discussion where he convinced them not to seal it up. What if that was the point where the schism formed? Once it formed it had always existed, and the Pah Wraiths had always been exiled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pneub posted:

I don't know anything about huge red wigs, but are they, like, straining a huge red wig to it's limits or what's going on?

Have you never seen someone with long hair before? Or a commercial for conditioner? Flyaways are a normal thing hair does, especially curly hair, just not usually on TV where the hairdresser can touch things up before every shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuW3NNAcdOc

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Angela Christine posted:

What if Sisko created the Pah Wraiths when he entered the wormhole and explained linear time to them? :2bong: At first they were very disturbed by limited linear beings entering their precious wormhole, there was that whole discussion where he convinced them not to seal it up. What if that was the point where the schism formed? Once it formed it had always existed, and the Pah Wraiths had always been exiled.

If there was another season they'd have done this for sure.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Entropic posted:

The whole thing with The Sisko being The Emissary didn't really work and led to a really unsatisfying wrap-up for Sisko at the end of the series.
Though it's funny to imagine Avery Brooks yelling at the producers when they tell him sci-fi's first black TV family is going to have an absentee dad.

Naxuz posted:

holy poo poo

I remember reading somewhere that Brooks did exactly that, so they added some lines about him coming home sometime in the scene where he goes off to live with the prophets.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Pneub posted:

I don't know anything about huge red wigs, but are they, like, straining a huge red wig to it's limits or what's going on?

That ain't a wig

She has gigantic red '80s hair

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Nothing dates a TV show / movie quite like '80s hair.

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Kitchner posted:

Just wait until smart watches take off and people can use the awful app to post without even typing:

"Hey google"

*beep*

Post "Wow that guy got cucked. hosed up if true."

*Sent*

" Hey Google"

*beep*

"Where is the nearest comic book store? "

*beep*

" Hey Google"

*beep*

"Post: "lol at the fact you're all nerds. I bet you are a fat neck breathing goon and everything who gets cucked all the time"

*Sent*

there would be a separate server farm just to handle "im gay"

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Luigi Thirty posted:

That ain't a wig

She has gigantic red '80s hair

according to the next generation fashion tumblr it is a wig

a series of different wigs

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
That TNG fashion tumblr is actually pretty funny

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Universe Master posted:

my existence is a lie

Have they gotten into Jake Sisko wearing bus seat upholstery yet

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Or why adults dress like toddlers in the future?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Universe Master posted:

vs.

Both season 7.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

This would actually make an amazing birthday card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
I birthed this monster, I hold the power to destroy it. gently caress you nerds.

• Locked thread