Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foid One
Mar 2, 2015

by Ralp
it just seems a bit better quality of life to me :vapes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

Foid One posted:

Compared to what?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Foid One posted:

well for now you will have to make do with the leafy green suburbs of gbs (its the gas chamber)

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
its all terrible there is nowhere to go

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
once you realize you arent a special little snowflake the subburbs look pretty appealing especially after marriage

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

killaer posted:

its all terrible there is nowhere to go

on the plus side you have lots of time to contemplate cool ways to kill yourself on your horrible commute back from work to your fat wife and screaming kids

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
I live in the suburbs and I have a 5 minute commute. It's pretty nice when your work is in the suburbs I get a big yard with two garages, an ok sized home, and I can still ride my bike to work like all the crazy hipsters.

basically kill youreself op

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Ya living in the city sux it LITERALLY smells like poo poo. You cant even see the stars at night, its loving loud...how can anyone live so detached from nature? Even foreign cities are awful. Paris sucks loving balls theres literally no trees anywhere and the streets are full of loving poo poo. Everybody is a dick and constantly in a rush to their cubicle.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Hey, living in the city centre is so awesome right guys?

Well you can be cool and hip like these folks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKf08vWTkKA

Dangit Ronpaul
May 12, 2009

Knyteguy posted:

It's pretty nice when your work is in the suburbs

this is arguably worse, because then having to make a special trip into the city just to do fun poo poo becomes too much of a pain in the rear end and you slowly give in and become desensitized to eating at applebees or sitting in your gooncave playing steam games all the time

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
how many showers would you take a day in your suburban home? what time would you eat your meals? tell us more op

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

roymorrison posted:

Ya living in the city sux it LITERALLY smells like poo poo. You cant even see the stars at night, its loving loud...how can anyone live so detached from nature? Even foreign cities are awful. Paris sucks loving balls theres literally no trees anywhere and the streets are full of loving poo poo. Everybody is a dick and constantly in a rush to their cubicle.

Yes but Cities have lots of gay poetry readings and other cultural amenities that goons and other assorted hipsters claim are absolutely central to their existence, even though they've never actually gone to one.

Burbs rule, 6 acres, next house is 1100 feet away, 3500 sq ft house. Work from home most days, office 15 min away when I don't. Also, I can shoot to my heart's delight in my back yard/creek as there's nothing but room behind us all the way to a power easement. City faggots can keep their urine stained dank passageways and high taxes

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I live in a rural area, so rural that you can hear cows and horses, have an enormous property, and STILL have a 15 minute commute to work.

Also ironically it's no more of a cultural wasteland than the suburbs are. Bitter racist white people who live outside of urban areas to avoid those people infest both, so w/e

Foid One
Mar 2, 2015

by Ralp

Knyteguy posted:

I live in the suburbs and I have a 5 minute commute. It's pretty nice when your work is in the suburbs I get a big yard with two garages, an ok sized home, and I can still ride my bike to work like all the crazy hipsters.

basically kill youreself op

I.....was agreeing with you! shitbird!

Foid One
Mar 2, 2015

by Ralp

caberham posted:

Hey, living in the city centre is so awesome right guys?

Well you can be cool and hip like these folks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKf08vWTkKA

Just wondering if this is real or a parody, OP?

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Dangit Ronpaul posted:

this is arguably worse, because then having to make a special trip into the city just to do fun poo poo becomes too much of a pain in the rear end and you slowly give in and become desensitized to eating at applebees or sitting in your gooncave playing steam games all the time

meh im married i dont need to go see indie bands every weekend i can just chill in my garage and take up new hobbies or hike the mountains w/ my trusty dogs or something

Foid One
Mar 2, 2015

by Ralp

ChickenRiceNPeas posted:

Compared to what?

compared to the city, OP.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
the first foid

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What's the deal with people always needing places to go and things to do?

Just stay home and post on the internet all day

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Knyteguy posted:

meh im married i dont need to go see indie bands every weekend i can just chill in my garage and take up new hobbies or hike the mountains w/ my trusty dogs or something

Yup. Thinking that the apex of existence is standing in some shithole bar drinking $7 microbrews while some lovely assed band stumbles their way through their set held a lot more appeal to me when i was an idiot 20 something. Now, I'd much rather go skiing or hiking or work on my old truck.

Let me net this out for you young goons with your short attention spans: once you can afford to move to the suburbs, do it post haste, you'll never regret it. You can still go visit your friends who weren't successful enough to do so.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Foid One posted:

Just wondering if this is real or a parody, OP?

It's a parody on real estate commercials. But people do live like this, and it's almost the most expensive square footage in the whole wide loving world

average size is 30 sqf per person and expect to pay 700 USD a month

more pictures

http://photoblog.hk/wordpress/38145...%8A%8F%E6%88%BF

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I enjoy living in the city. :shrug:

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Zeroisanumber posted:

I enjoy living in the city. :shrug:

You're not being vegan enough about it. tryharder.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Pauline Kael posted:

You're not being vegan enough about it. tryharder.

lol clearly a suburbian because true urbanites know that it's all about hipster bbq joints/smokehouses now

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

lol clearly a suburbian because true urbanites know that it's all about hipster bbq joints/smokehouses now

As long as I have to pay double for an inferior product, and there is no parking, then I'm ready to declare the the greatest restaurant of the moment. Bonus points if the tables and chairs are extra small and flimsy.

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

Foid One posted:

compared to the city, OP.

Come to LA then, it's ninety percent suburb.

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

on the plus side you have lots of time to contemplate cool ways to kill yourself on your horrible commute back from work to your fat wife and screaming kids

Do we know each other?

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

Good point, if you lived in the City, you'd be much closer to your job at the synthetic cum factory and could be back with your fat wife and screaming kids even sooner, in a much more confined space

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Any goons considering the suburbs should definitely move there like the uncultured swine they are leaving the cities for the rest of us that give a poo poo about culture. Don't even come to the cities, enjoy your Applebees.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
"quality of life" aka "no scary minorities" right OP?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

I'm in Minnesota. There's really no sugar-coating it, we have terrible BBQ.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Three Olives posted:

Any goons considering the suburbs should definitely move there like the uncultured swine they are leaving the cities for the rest of us that give a poo poo about culture. Don't even come to the cities, enjoy your Applebees.

Oh hey look who is posting in the Cities versus suburb thread, our own resident gay poetry reading aficionado, Three Olives. Your namesake vodka is the City of vodkas, overpriced and not very good, but stupid hipsters think it's just the living end

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Three Olives posted:

some of us travel to other countries to enjoy other culture :rolleyes:

or order chinese takeout

Foid One
Mar 2, 2015

by Ralp

Chinatown posted:

Large yard you can garden in? have pets that you actually care for yourself? have a car that you can work on? I'm a little confused OP.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Pauline Kael posted:

Oh hey look who is posting in the Cities versus suburb thread, our own resident gay poetry reading aficionado, Three Olives. Your namesake vodka is the City of vodkas, overpriced and not very good, but stupid hipsters think it's just the living end

Foid One
Mar 2, 2015

by Ralp

Three Olives posted:

I'm a little confused OP. You live in dallas?

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Chinatown posted:

Says white SA Forums poster 'Chinatown' with racist caricature for avatar. I'm sure you're steeped in the culture of wherever your mom is willing to drive you.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Good. Boring people need to be ghettoed in the suburbs so the rest of us can pretend you're just a myth.

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

Three Olives posted:

The Applebees in my suburb went out of business :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
do cityfolk literally think scary minorities is a thing to be desired

• Locked thread