Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterTurtle
Jul 10, 2001

Cecil Rhodes owns your life.

Nathilus posted:

I've been in some burbclaves that were so bland and samey that it traumatized me. Like, once we were driving through a north austin suburb to get to a friend of mine's parents' house. We all lived and went to school in San Antonio so austin trips were fairly common and easy. But we kept going through this god damned suburb and every block was exactly the same. I got a very sickening feeling and also felt like I was detached from reality. Like, the only way I can explain it is a little voice going "You are now entering: The Stepford Wives. Have a nice day." accompanied by dissociation and massive dread. I expect I'd feel the exact same way if I got abducted and stuck in the Hypercube or shrunk down and put in a gerbil run.

what im trying to say is ur thread triggered me, OP.

This sums up the whole of Northern Virginia quite nicely. You can drive for miles and feel like you've gone absolutely nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread