Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Three Olives posted:

You live in a depressing wasteland.

lmao Dallas downtown wouldn't be out of place in I Am a Legend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pauline Kael posted:

Outside of the like 10 city blocks of downtown, Dallas is pretty much just a giant suburb. Hearing TO gush over his 'city' living like he's in a rent controlled in Greenwich Village is the best part of this debate. I'm wondering if he's ever even been to a real city.

Dallas downtown is also pretty empty especially during the miserable summer weather.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

caberham posted:

Is downtown dead after work or Sunday?

How does Dallas compare to.. Vancouver lol

Dallas also has a lower gay index than other cities

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pitdragon posted:

What I have learned from this thread:

Cities = better for young people, single or childless people, hipsters/wannabe hipsters
Suburbs = better for old people, nuclear families, rednecks/wannabe rednecks

Please clarify if I've gotten this wrong somehow, thread posters

Cities are better for old people due to the better mass transit options.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lolling at all the cliches in this thread like "cool bars"

• Locked thread