Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Oh wait wasn't the guy who made the Professor Brothers from Kansas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

OP: "Remember when the proud state of Kansas was not a shithole????""

Everyone else: *crickets*

Actually wasn't it supposed to be pretty nice and decently populated prior to the Dustbowl and Great Depression? I thought many Californians are actually descended from displaced people from Kansas and other midwest states that were devastated.

Dick Fagballzson has issued a correction as of 20:29 on Mar 16, 2015

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Actually wasn't it supposed to be pretty nice and decently populated prior to the Dustbowl and Great Depression? I thought many Californians are actually descended from displaced people from Kansas.

Fun fact: people in Bakersfield, CA still use the term Okie unironically.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

inland empire is a miserable horrible place.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
I grew up in Kansas, went to Emporia State, lived in Manhattan for a while then jumped ship to Missouri. So many goat roping whores in cowboy boots.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Do they even have a Democratic Party in Kansas?

I only ask because we basically don't have one here in Florida. Tons of races go uncontested, and the local Democratic Party is so incompetent that it seems like they are working for the Republicans sometimes.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

City of Tampa posted:

I only ask because we basically don't have one here in Florida. Tons of races go uncontested, and the local Democratic Party is so incompetent that it seems like they are working for the Republicans sometimes.

Yeah it's called 'Lawrence'.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
<Votes republican because I am over 50>
<Guy I got into office votes to strip away the last of my kids social security that I took full advantage of growing up>

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

If you're 20 and don't vote Democrat, you have no heart
If you're over 30 and don't vote Republican, you have no brain

:smuggo:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Professor Shark posted:

If you're 20 and don't vote Democrat, you have no heart
If you're over 30 and don't vote Republican, you have no brain

:smuggo:

This is still pretty much true. There's nothing to be smug about it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

You're right, except about it being true, but there isn't a smiley that is :smuggo: + :downs:

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Parallax Scroll posted:

kansas more like gayass

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I prefer the conservative model to the liberal one of black people killing each other in no gun zones while white people pretend to care.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Why should tax money pay for education if you want it bad enough for yourself or your children then you should work to achieve it for yourself/them.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Kids should learn to read from books

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Kansas is turning itself into an Indian reservation but for conservatives by accident.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

:kansas:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Professor Shark posted:

You're right, except about it being true, but there isn't a smiley that is :smuggo: + :downs:

But your posts are proving the original phrase correct, I don't see the problem?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

But your posts are proving the original phrase correct, I don't see the problem?

Weak

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
please don't say k*ns*s

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

etalian posted:

Midwest girls are the real vital resource:

Sturdy, she'd make a good pack mule

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

raditts posted:

Sturdy, she'd make a good pack mule

I don't think she could handle my load.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

5-HT posted:

lawrence is the only place of culture in kansas. it'd be nice if missouri could go back in and raze that poo poo hole state again.

Can Missouri do us all a solid and raze itself while they're at it

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper posted:

I don't think she could handle my load.

I don't think many people could handle 400 pounds, men included.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Hobohemian posted:

I don't think many people could handle 400 pounds, men included.

You don't measure liquid in pounds.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper posted:

You don't measure liquid in pounds.

Just because you filled your personal tub of lard with soda and melted icecream doesn't mean it stays that way forever.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Hobohemian posted:

Just because you filled your personal tub of lard with soda and melted icecream doesn't mean it stays that way forever.

That's not a nice way of talking about my wife.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

City of Tampa posted:

i worked in hillsborough in 2012 and holy poo poo they are one of the most annoying local dem parties of all time.

the statewide dem party is ok though it's just incredibly disadvantaged

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I touched the poop during the FL-13 special election last year and came away with the feeling that the Pinellas County Democratic Party was not acting in good faith. It's a long story though, and if you search for reports on both FL-13 elections in 2014 you'll see what I'm talking about. The second shot that we had at that seat was intentionally given away by the local Democratic Party. I can only imagine how many more stories like this are spread all around America.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I have a theory about this.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

City of Tampa posted:

I touched the poop during the FL-13 special election last year and came away with the feeling that the Pinellas County Democratic Party was not acting in good faith. It's a long story though, and if you search for reports on both FL-13 elections in 2014 you'll see what I'm talking about. The second shot that we had at that seat was intentionally given away by the local Democratic Party. I can only imagine how many more stories like this are spread all around America.

You could just tell the story cause I ain't googling that poo poo

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

5-HT posted:

lawrence is the only place of culture in kansas. it'd be nice if missouri could go back in and raze that poo poo hole state again.

I'm game

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

PureEvil6_13 posted:

I grew up in Kansas, went to Emporia State, lived in Manhattan for a while then jumped ship to Missouri. So many goat roping whores in cowboy boots.

sorry what? what is this and can i still get some?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

City of Tampa posted:

the reality is that the local dem parties are completely and utterly irrelevant in congressional races. the dccc is a much larger factor than they are. i work on pol campaigns and i have had to elect dem candidates on two separate occasions that were opposed by the local party (silently, they can't be public or the state party would cut them off), and both times we won because they are a complete non-factor. they're like 20 people in a room that no one listens to and they have no money.

alex sink gave that seat a good shot and got unexpectedly stomped. if she had run again maybe she'd have won, but probably not because 2014.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Kansas is turning itself into an Indian reservation but for conservatives by accident.
this is a pretty good analogy

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

California has an enormous, varied economy. They can pull in a lot of taxes because they have a lot of money. Who has money in Kansas? I can't even imagine what a rich Kansan is like. I have to believe if you somehow end up rich in Kansas, you leave Kansas.

Johnson County has a lot of wealthy people. It's one of the wealthies counties in the country.

But that's because KS worked really really hard to bring wealthy business owners over the boarder from MO. They came but left their businesses. The rest of KS is a poor poo poo hole, but super super republican. Poor people out here literally blame all of their problems on Obama, it's hilarious but kind of sad.

I grew up in KS, AMA.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Prorat posted:

Kansas will be the next state to legalize weed because of Brownback. (For real)

Thank god for him.

lol

KS will never legalize weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol

KS will never legalize weed

Hop on over to MO. We're one of the states next on the to-do lists of various anti-prohibition activists.

Also, MO's booming meth industry drove the weed prices so low it's crazy.

• Locked thread