Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Rando posted:

Hop on over to MO. We're one of the states next on the to-do lists of various anti-prohibition activists.

Also, MO's booming meth industry drove the weed prices so low it's crazy.

I like MO, esp the ozark area.

Me and my special lady have narrowed our search down to WA, CO or NC. There's no way in hell we'll raise kids in KS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

spacemang_spliff posted:

There's no way in hell we'll raise kids in KS.

You could probably do it cheap, but the schools must be staffed by idiots, idealists, and morlocks by this point.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spacemang_spliff posted:

Me and my special lady have narrowed our search down to WA, CO or NC. There's no way in hell we'll raise kids in KS.

What do you plan on doing with your regular lady?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Rando posted:

What do you plan on doing with your regular lady?

she's plowing a field

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
for real though, Wichita has voted down water fluoridation multiple times

http://www.kansas.com/news/article1102401.html

Retarded rear end Kansans posted:

They also contended that fluoridation is mass medication and would be forced on people who don’t want it if it were added to the water supply.

Those arguments swayed voters like LaGina Walker, 34, and Lindsey Jones, 27.

"I pushed no, because it can mess up your teeth,” said Walker. “And I don’t trust the water, period."

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
My brother was on the town council of his 200 people town (he hates living there). More than once he had to remind his fellow councilmen (because lol if they'd elect a woman) that you can't refer to the one black family in town as "The Colored Family." He resigned because they really wanted to fire this guy for being too old, and he kept telling them that if they did they would get used for obvious age discrimination. They voted to go ahead with firing the old man, he resigned and then they got sued and lost. They couldn't renovate the 80 year old library because all their money went to a 70 year old man

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

spacemang_spliff posted:

http://www.kansas.com/news/article1102401.html

so has portland lmao

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Rando posted:

Hop on over to MO. We're one of the states next on the to-do lists of various anti-prohibition activists.

Also, MO's booming meth industry drove the weed prices so low it's crazy.

i know they're trying to gather signatures but it's a bad idea. mo's legislature would just pass a law overturning it the next day like they did with puppy mills. medical marijuana is not going to happen in mo anytime soon

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

The Taint Reaper posted:

I've yet to ever get into an argument about Evolution.

I used to get into them all the time, nowadays, less so. I even had to go before the school board to explain why the idiot who wanted to include creationism in the science course of study was, in fact, an idiot. Great times. I'm sure it is far worse in Kansas.

But they do have the Kansas Cosmosphere. Not sure how they rated that, but it's there...

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

im mandrake, jack d ripper is charles koch

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014
American conservatism is really loving godawful. If I could press a button and wipe out either ISIS or the Republican party I'd choose the latter in a heartbeat.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

drowningidiot posted:

American conservatism is really loving godawful. If I could press a button and wipe out either ISIS or the Republican party I'd choose the latter in a heartbeat.

So you would let extremely far right religious fundamentalists live while you wipe out ones who would be considered moderate?

The conservatism is coming from inside your head.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

drowningidiot posted:

Don't waste the press. The Republican party is going to self-destruct if they can't get the tea party portion under control. They are going to piss off so many slightly-right-of-the-democrats republicans that they will lose a big part of their base. If some republican were to run using Reagan's platform, without calling up Reagan to identify with it, the candidate would be run out of the party.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Thanks awfulapp

My wife is in Kansas trying to stop you idiot babbies from shooting yourselves quite so frequently

The local lobbyist has apologized multiple times that "there's no nice place to eat dinner" hahahaa

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

genesplicer posted:

Don't waste the press. The Republican party is going to self-destruct if they can't get the tea party portion under control. They are going to piss off so many slightly-right-of-the-democrats republicans that they will lose a big part of their base. If some republican were to run using Reagan's platform, without calling up Reagan to identify with it, the candidate would be run out of the party.

Can we get a republican dead pool going?

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
unironically the worst thread i've seen on this forum

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Quoting this post cause I ain't reading this poo poo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Can we get a republican dead pool going?

Deadpool is a Libertarian.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Reaganomics is all about making your buddies rich though so by that metric is it still failing?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Goon Consensus: Reaganomics has not worked yet, it's time to scrap the system because people always abuse it.....let's try communism.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlELC-Aqtt4

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

unironically the worst thread i've seen on this forum

:qq:THE FORUM:qq:

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
just realized that kansas spelled backwards is sasnak

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
rear end kan

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

just let william h macy fix ur state already

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Concerned Citizen posted:

the reality is that the local dem parties are completely and utterly irrelevant in congressional races. the dccc is a much larger factor than they are. i work on pol campaigns and i have had to elect dem candidates on two separate occasions that were opposed by the local party (silently, they can't be public or the state party would cut them off), and both times we won because they are a complete non-factor. they're like 20 people in a room that no one listens to and they have no money.

alex sink gave that seat a good shot and got unexpectedly stomped. if she had run again maybe she'd have won, but probably not because 2014.

In the special election the Democratic Party squashed the primary that (progressive) Jessica Ehrlich was leading so that they could force Alex Sink on us, who then lost despite outspending the Repubs; her message of "bipartisan deficit reduction" and being a Bank of America VP just didn't resonate with Democratic voters for some reason. This was probably more of a state or national party mistake though, happening with the enthusiastic endorsement of the local party.

When we had a second shot at the seat in November the Pinellas County Democratic Party chairman left a message on a prominent black pastor's answering machine telling him that he would be "persona non grata" if he ran. Then the DCCC produced some guy nobody has heard of, that couldn't even be listed as a Democrat on the ballot legally. And then that guy dropped out so that the Republican could run unopposed.

There's a little more to the story, but yeah the Pinellas County Democratic Party uses what little power and influence that they have in bad faith.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

spacemang_spliff posted:

Johnson County has a lot of wealthy people. It's one of the wealthies counties in the country.

But that's because KS worked really really hard to bring wealthy business owners over the boarder from MO. They came but left their businesses. The rest of KS is a poor poo poo hole, but super super republican. Poor people out here literally blame all of their problems on Obama, it's hilarious but kind of sad.

I grew up in KS, AMA.

What is the thought process that they use to blame Obama when they have been poor since well before he took office? Do they use ObamaCare and complain that their taxes are being wasted? Do they want it repealed so they can no longer afford medical aid? I can very much understand the Upper-Middle class baby-boomers voting Republican, as they already have theirs, but does the "temporarily embarrassed millionaire" condition really last decades with some people?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Considering that Obama was supposed to better the country instead of flushing it down the Europeeing shitter after all these years. Maybe it should have been better after both his elections.

How are the Middle Class Economics going over there doing? Oh...

Scalding Coffee has issued a correction as of 17:18 on Mar 17, 2015

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

City of Tampa posted:

In the special election the Democratic Party squashed the primary that (progressive) Jessica Ehrlich was leading so that they could force Alex Sink on us, who then lost despite outspending the Repubs; her message of "bipartisan deficit reduction" and being a Bank of America VP just didn't resonate with Democratic voters for some reason. This was probably more of a state or national party mistake though, happening with the enthusiastic endorsement of the local party.

When we had a second shot at the seat in November the Pinellas County Democratic Party chairman left a message on a prominent black pastor's answering machine telling him that he would be "persona non grata" if he ran. Then the DCCC produced some guy nobody has heard of, that couldn't even be listed as a Democrat on the ballot legally. And then that guy dropped out so that the Republican could run unopposed.

There's a little more to the story, but yeah the Pinellas County Democratic Party uses what little power and influence that they have in bad faith.

alex sink was a really good recruit, though. she could raise money and win the seat in a tough, special election environment. remember the dccc's sole goal is to add more Ds to the D column, and sink was probably the only one who could pull that off. unfortunately the special election environment was more hostile than expected.

november was obviously a gently caress up but largely it's more due to the fact that recruiting quality candidates is so difficult in florida, especially when the seat is not seen as particularly winnable. jany had seemed like a good recruit, and sykes is/was a disaster on multiple levels. obviously the pinellas county dem party is dumb as poo poo and shouldn't have threatened sykes (and this ended up backfiring badly since he's now a republican) but this is more reason why it's hard to take them seriously.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zig-Zag posted:

I drove through Kansas once. There was like one tree.

dsame, that was a cool tree

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

genesplicer posted:

If some republican were to run using Reagan's platform, without calling up Reagan to identify with it, the candidate would be run out of the party.

Imagine if a Republican ran on Nixon's platform. Or even a Democrat.

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR

spacemang_spliff posted:

Johnson County has a lot of wealthy people. It's one of the wealthies counties in the country.

But that's because KS worked really really hard to bring wealthy business owners over the boarder from MO. They came but left their businesses. The rest of KS is a poor poo poo hole, but super super republican. Poor people out here literally blame all of their problems on Obama, it's hilarious but kind of sad.

I grew up in KS, AMA.

This is said because basically all the outskirts suburbs of St. Louis are retirement homes for rich people.

Smucked
Oct 11, 2012
:suicide:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I say we let these backwards worthless states crumble and burn. Smart useful citizens will move away and leave the group of uneducated white trash there.

Then we can turn those states into manufacturing centers like in china. Use the white trash as a super cheap workforce.

Oh wait...

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
The Kansas City museum has an amazing collection of ancient chinese art and artifacts.

It's on the Missouri side.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The Kansas City museum has an amazing collection of ancient chinese art and artifacts.

I was just visiting last week.

http://www.nelson-atkins.org/

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Lets go ahead and move that to a city on a coast. Where people will actually appreciate it.

:smug:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This thread is like the South lite. But more depressing

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

So you would let extremely far right religious fundamentalists live while you wipe out ones who would be considered moderate?

The conservatism is coming from inside your head.

yes

• Locked thread