Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Yaos posted:

Is Colorado Springs still a lolbertarian poo poo hole?

Can you tell me more?

I have a good friend who is thinking of moving there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Concerned Citizen posted:

fox news' entire gimmick is basically pick a storyline and hammer it incessantly. it's why they can spend months hitting benghazi and nobody else gives a poo poo - because they have an agenda and it's popular with their viewership. they play to their audience. everyone else gives it less coverage because it's nakedly partisan

like, no surprise the big networks didn't cover the immigration speech. the networks don't usually do this unless the white house requests it to address the nation, and the white house only very rarely does this. but cnn, msnbc, etc did cover it, not just fox news. as your article says.

CNN covered such important stories like the color of the dress. They spent 4 hours on it. They had a panel discussing how the TV cameras did not pick up the color and how this could possibly lead to someone seeing naked tits on screen.

Would rather hear about actual poo poo instead of fluff.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Taint Reaper posted:

CNN covered such important stories like the color of the dress. They spent 4 hours on it.

Would rather hear about actual poo poo instead of fluff.
yes, all cable news is bad.

fox news is almost entirely commentary with like only 3-4 hours a day of actual news coverage. it's more like talk radio on tv than an actual news station.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah i want to hear about real poo poo that's why i watch fox news

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

yes, all cable news is bad.

fox news is almost entirely commentary with like only 3-4 hours a day of actual news coverage. it's more like talk radio on tv than an actual news station.

That's not true, outside of their morning shows and their primetime shows they have the rest of the day dedicated to actual news. Shepard Smith has more airtime than O'Rielly

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Taint Reaper posted:

That's not true, outside of their morning shows and their primetime shows they have the rest of the day dedicated to actual news.

the news is just "benghazi benghazi benghazi." the story selection is blatantly driven by the needs of the opinion programs coming on later in the day.

if hannity is going to talk about fast and furious then you bet there will be 3 hours of reporting on it prior to him coming on

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
they're still doing the benghazi thing huh

it lost them an election

if it still doesnt work, keep doing it until it does

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

the news is just "benghazi benghazi benghazi." the story selection is blatantly driven by the needs of the opinion programs coming on later in the day.

if hannity is going to talk about fast and furious then you bet there will be 3 hours of reporting on it prior to him coming on

Benghazi is a big deal, like it's JFK assassination grade stuff. They covered it for months because there were attempts to try and cover it up. People hosed up and did not wish to own up to their mistakes.

Much like how Hillary is now trying to hide the poo poo on her private server. It could easily make her unable to run for the office of president.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Taint Reaper posted:

Benghazi is a big deal, like it's JFK assassination grade stuff. They covered it for months because there were attempts to try and cover it up. People hosed up and did not wish to own up to their mistakes.

Much like how Hillary is trying to hide the poo poo on her private server.

what's the coverup. no one has found a thing that was actually covered up yet

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

what's the coverup

People in power just simply did not give a poo poo until it boiled over and lead to deaths, Obama gave a weakass excuse about a video inciting the incident when it was their lack of acting on information they already had. They thought it was no big deal and did not meet the requests for higher security and then poo poo got hosed up.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Taint Reaper posted:

People in power just simply did not give a poo poo until it boiled over and lead to deaths, Obama gave a weakass excuse about a video inciting the incident when it was their lack of acting on information they already had.

who are the "people in power" you're talking about and what specifically did they ignore

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

who are the "people in power" you're talking about and what specifically did they ignore

Obama Hilary (And whoever is President after her)

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

You're going to start stomping your feet and crying if I say anything negative against the democrats arn't you?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Taint Reaper posted:

You're going to start stomping your feet and crying if I say anything negative against the democrats arn't you?

i'm simply questioning your statement as to how it's a coverup of a "jfk assassination level" event since it appears to have involved people who were not actually powerful and information was never actually covered up.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

i'm simply questioning your statement as to how it's a coverup of a "jfk assassination level" event since it appears to have involved people who were not actually powerful and information was never actually covered up.

If people are requesting you to send extra security and are going through the lower levels to get up to you, guess what, you're in a position of power.

And it's especially bad if you just dust them off due to preconceived notions.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Taint Reaper posted:

If people are requesting you to send extra security and are going through the lower levels to get up to you, guess what, you're in a position of power.

who is the person in power that hosed up, and where is the cover up you are alleging. because if it's a scandal about some mid to low level bureaucrat denying a request that should have been granted, than i might suggest it actually did not deserve years straight of wall to wall coverage.

in fact, i might even question how it is that fox news decides that benghazi deserves the level of coverage it got, yet rarely covered the fact that the entire iraq war was sold to the american public on the basis of a weapons of mass destruction program that did not exist. almost as if there is some sort of partisan agenda.

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 04:39 on Mar 18, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

who is the person in power that hosed up, and where is the cover up you are alleging. because if it's a scandal about some mid to low level bureaucrat denying a request that should have been granted, than i might suggest it actually did not deserve years straight of wall to wall coverage.

The the CIA director wound up stepping down over it for one thing. Even though Obama tried to wash his hands of the event calling it a sideshow, that and calling it phoney. The other media outlets that were in bed didn't bother reporting on it for a good long while too.

The Taint Reaper has issued a correction as of 04:50 on Mar 18, 2015

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Taint Reaper posted:

The head of the CIA director wound up stepping down over it for one thing. Even though Obama tried to wash his hands of the event calling it a sideshow that and calling it phoney.

er petraeus resigned in a sex scandal where he released classified information to a woman he was sleeping with, not benghazi

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
wtf is it 2004 all of a sudden? why does anyone actually have to explain to some retard that fox news has an agenda in loving 2015 man?

gently caress this gay earth

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Taint Reaper posted:

The the CIA director wound up stepping down over it for one thing.

lmao

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Boner Zone posted:

wtf is it 2004 all of a sudden? why does anyone actually have to explain to some retard that fox news has an agenda in loving 2015 man?

gently caress this gay earth

All news stations have agendas, I'd just rather them report on poo poo instead of going "oh no we can't talk about that"

gently caress CNN just hired that annoying mouthpiece and gave him his own show about religion.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol @ people taking Taint Raper's "Fox news is teh best news" surriously

get back to talking about KS you fucks. no one wants to talk about Ben Ghazi

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

spacemang_spliff posted:

no one wants to talk about Ben Ghazi

I do, he makes the best fuckin' rice and knew Spiderman.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

The Taint Reaper posted:

I do, he makes the best fuckin' rice and knew Spiderman.

that's p racist dude

Tumblr will not be pleased.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

The Taint Reaper posted:

Much like how Hillary is now trying to hide the poo poo on her private server. It could easily make her unable to run for the office of president.

Just as a follow-up, because I honestly do not know the answer. Did Fox news spend as much time on the 39 consular attacks and 87 deaths that happened under President George W. Bush?

http://www.politifact.com/embassyattacks/

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Also CC how do you know that Fox news reported too much on Benghazi unless:

A) You regularly watch fox news and can draw this opinion

B) You took someone else's word for it and presented it as fact.

genesplicer posted:

Just as a follow-up, because I honestly do not know the answer. Did Fox news spend as much time on the 39 consular attacks and 87 deaths that happened under President George W. Bush?

http://www.politifact.com/embassyattacks/

I don't loving know either, only time i watch the news is when I'm at the Gym and it's set to fox on the touch screen and I am not touching a touchscreen that is on a screen intended for public use.

Do you know how many germs are on one of those things?

The Taint Reaper has issued a correction as of 05:17 on Mar 18, 2015

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Kansas I'm a fat man from Washington with money. How many of your college butterfaces can I bang before I have to escape whatever your police force is called. Also I'm white if that affects my total number.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
isn't brownbacking where you wipe your feces-covered dick on a dude's back to clean it off and he yells "WHAT THE gently caress, MAN?!"

Because that best explains GOP positions.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Rage posted:

Kansas I'm a fat man from Washington with money. How many of your college butterfaces can I bang before I have to escape whatever your police force is called. Also I'm white if that affects my total number.

Imagine golden corral but with women instead of food, they only throw you out when they have to clean up the place(which is never).

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

The Taint Reaper posted:

I don't loving know either, only time i watch the news is when I'm at the Gym and it's set to fox on the touch screen and I am not touching a touchscreen that is on a screen intended for public use.

Do you know how many germs are on one of those things?

Keeps the immune system fully armed and operational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X29lF43mUlo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

genesplicer posted:

Keeps the immune system fully armed and operational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X29lF43mUlo

I'm not taking the health advice of someone who died at 71. :colbert:

late 80's to the 100's.....yeah I'll listen.

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008
that politician's teeth are school-bus yellow.

and that's the most thinking about kansas that i've ever done!

welp bye

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

ITT posters who should know better get taken in by a poo poo-tier troll

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also CC how do you know that Fox news reported too much on Benghazi unless:

A) You regularly watch fox news and can draw this opinion

B) You took someone else's word for it and presented it as fact.

i took someone else's word for it and presented it as fact. this is also known as "research."

quote:

Fox News' evening lineup ran nearly 1,100 segments on the Benghazi attacks and their aftermath in the first 20 months following the attacks. Nearly 500 segments focused on a set of Obama administration talking points used in September 2012 interviews; more than 100 linked the attacks to a potential Hillary Clinton 2016 presidential run; and dozens of segments compared the attacks and the administration response to the Watergate or Iran-Contra scandals. The network hosted Republican members of Congress to discuss Benghazi nearly 30 times more frequently than Democrats.

1,098 total Fox News evening segments that included significant discussion of Benghazi -- an average of about 13 segments per week
In 18 of 20 months studied, Fox ran at least 20 Benghazi segments per month, with a high of 174 in October 2012
382 segments aired on Special Report, the network's flagship news program
478 segments invoked the talking points used for Susan Rice's 2012 Sunday show appearances
281 segments alleging a "cover-up" by the Obama administration
144 interviews of GOP members of Congress versus only five interviews of Democratic members of Congress and Obama administration officials
120 comparisons to Iran-Contra, Watergate, and the actions of the Nixon administration
105 attempts to link Benghazi to Hillary Clinton's potential presidential ambitions
100 segments promoting the lie that the administration issued a "stand-down order"

http://mediamatters.org/research/2014/09/16/report-foxs-benghazi-obsession-by-the-numbers/200694

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

i took someone else's word for it and presented it as fact. this is also known as "research."

"Sure we can trust this heavily biased group, they say what i want them to say."

Media matters is a heavily left wing based group, who are like flies to horseshit if you even mutter the word conservative. They're not a non-partisan group and have themselves been called out for doing the same poo poo that they're supposed to be a watch dog against.

like you can't counter a baised group with another biased group. It's like The New Black Panthers and the Ku Klux Klan giving opinions about each other. They've already come to a pre-judgment about the other side before they've engaged them.

The Taint Reaper has issued a correction as of 05:54 on Mar 18, 2015

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Kumo posted:

Can you tell me more?

I have a good friend who is thinking of moving there.

It's an extremely bland city and some of the roads are poo poo and a couple years ago it almost burned down because they didn't have enough firefighters to deal with hella wildfires but they wised up real quick with regard to that. I have also only seen cops patrolling the interstate like 3 times in the year I lived there

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Taint Reaper posted:

"Sure we can trust this heavily biased group, they say what i want them to say."

Media matters is a heavily left wing based group, who are like flies to horseshit if you even mutter the word conservative. They're not a non-partisan group and have themselves been called out for doing the same poo poo that they're supposed to be a watch dog against.

of course they're not non-partisan, it is a david brock group. that doesn't mean the information is inaccurate. but please, continue to hand wave away inconvenient facts rather than attempt to rebut.

on the other hand, you have been very inaccurate in this thread. since you started you have failed to:

a. identify who hosed up on benghazi (i.e. the target of your outrage)
b. identify what the cover up you allege existed was actually covering up
c. identify the aftermath of it (i.e. falsely alleged that petraeus resigned as a result of it)

you literally have no idea what you're talking about.

edit:

quote:

like you can't counter a baised group with another biased group. It's like The New Black Panthers and the Ku Klux Klan giving opinions about each other.

they counted the number of benghazi segments. that's not even remotely similar to what you are alleging.

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 05:56 on Mar 18, 2015

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
colorado springs is like SLC cranked up until the dial gets into the red zone

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

Imagine golden corral but with women instead of food, they only throw you out when they have to clean up the place(which is never).

Except no chocolate fountain cause it's Kansas right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

of course they're not non-partisan, it is a david brock group. that doesn't mean the information is inaccurate. but please, continue to hand wave away inconvenient facts rather than attempt to rebut.

on the other hand, you have been very inaccurate in this thread. since you started you have failed to:

a. identify who hosed up on benghazi (i.e. the target of your outrage)
b. identify what the cover up you allege existed was actually covering up
c. identify the aftermath of it (i.e. falsely alleged that petraeus resigned as a result of it)

you literally have no idea what you're talking about.

I have been loving with you

as a liberal minded individual it is my god given duty to gently caress with narrow minded people who get their panties in a twist over politics.

and I don't discriminate.

Prehaps you will like to buy me a new avatar to express your butthurt instead?

• Locked thread