Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
are we witnessing the death of the bullet club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

The argument could be made it would be wise to end it while it's still hot unlike WCW, but I seriously doubt it as long as they're selling so many t-shirts and hot in markets they desperately want to expand in

Thauros fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 6, 2015

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

NickRoweFillea posted:

Bullet Club Hollywood and Bullet Club Wolfpac incoming

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
nogami losing his gourd at the end of that excellent fale/okada match is so awesome

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Also seeing Sakuraba slip back into Gracie Hunter mode was cool

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Are NJPW planning on releasing a good smart tv/ fire tv app anytime soon?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

man Invasion Attack is a really fun show

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Is there a list of guys appearing in BOSJ yet? I mostly just want to know if Zack Sabre Jr. is going to be in the tournament, since NOAH is effectively part of NJPW now.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
For the Wrestling Dontaku show:

quote:

IWGP IC championship: Shinsuke Nakamura vs Hirooki Goto
AJ Styles and Yujiro Takahashi vs Kazuchka Okada and YOSHI-HASHI
Togi Makabe, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Katsuyori Shibata vs Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii, and Kazushi Sakuraba
6 person mixed tag match: The Kingdom (Bennett/Taven/Maria) vs Bullet Club (Anderson/Gallows/O'Neal)
IWGP Jr Championship: Kenny Omega vs Alex Shelley
IWGP Jr Tag Titles: RPG Vice vs Young Bucks vs reDRagon
Tetsuya Naito & Sho Tanaka vs Kota Ibushi & Yohei Komatsu (should be an excellent match)
Honma/TenCozy vs. Bullet Club (Cody, Tonga, Fale)
Dorada/Liger/Tiger Mask/Nagata vs. KUSHIDA/Taguchi/CNJ/Nakanishi

Also announced for 4/29 show:

quote:

Tomohiro Ishii vs Togi Makabe for the NEVER title
Tanahashi/Goto/Shibata vs Yano/Nakamura/Sakuraba
Tetsuya Naito & Tomoaki Honma & Alex Shelley vs Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows & Kenny Omega
Fale/Tonga vs Okada/YOSHI-Hashi

Dominion is Okada/Styles

Abrasive Obelisk fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 6, 2015

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

It's not a New Japan show but I went to the Tokyo Rugby 7s last Saturday and there was a gaggle of islanders wearing Bullet Club/Bad Luck Fale shirts, I kept an eye open but didn't see him too. Must have been friends of his.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

We have to wait three months for the title match they just set up? drat :smith:, although it's understandable given the lack of big show in June and the fact that they're obviously going to want to start hyping the Osaka-jo show early given the size of the venue. I thought Okada regaining the title exactly a year after he lost it would've been cool though.

I wonder why Dominion's a couple weeks later than it's normally been anyway?

Dontaku marks the first time I've seen women booked to wrestle in the company since I started watching them in 2012.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Apr 6, 2015

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ok so i skipped to the two top matches. The AJ bout was superb. What a finish. What story were they telling with omega though? They focused on him a lot. I'm a newcomer to NJPW so, is there backstory there?

Was the undercard good?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ICHIBAHN posted:

Ok so i skipped to the two top matches. The AJ bout was superb. What a finish. What story were they telling with omega though? They focused on him a lot. I'm a newcomer to NJPW so, is there backstory there?

Was the undercard good?

Omega and Ibushi were long time tag partners in DDT (Ibushi still works there as well, Omega quit when he signed with NJPW). They had a run with the IWGP Jr tag belts as well back in 2010. It's logical that Omega would be conflicted and it's cool that they went that way instead of pretending that he didn't exist pre Bullet Club.

The junior tag match was the best one I've seen in months and the crowd was hot for it. Omega had his best match since joining the Bullet Club against Dorada. Nothing else on the undercard was that extraordinary, but it was a fun solid show well worth watching.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Apr 6, 2015

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

both of those Jr Title matches for Dontaku sound loving amazing

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Wonder if that tag match means they're going to do a Naito/Ibushi envy feud like the commentary for Naito's entrance at Invasion Attack suggested

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

ICHIBAHN posted:

What story were they telling with omega though? They focused on him a lot. I'm a newcomer to NJPW so, is there backstory there?

I may be way off, but I feel like the story of the show was "The Bullet Club loses all their matches except for Omega, who then saves AJ from also losing his match"

So maybe down the line Omega is going to start thinking he's better than the BC, or try to take over the group and lead it.

Edit: Reading another thread, Kenny & Kota were a tag team for a long time. So that explains his reluctance to screw over his old friend.

I love when a wrestling show rewards you for remembering stuff from the past instead of just glossing over it all.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 6, 2015

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Making Kenny Omega a more serious character through emotional conflict would be a pretty awesome story, I gotta say.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
Really enjoyed Invasion Attack, the finish to the Main event and okada after! :D

Also NJPW just posted these on their fb and I need the Nakamura tapestry in my life
http://njpw-p.jp/page/tapestry.html

Could anyone translate? Why are there two prices for each?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The more expensive one's a hologram version.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Thauros posted:

The more expensive one's a hologram version.

Ah cheers. I think hologram would be a little too intense for me haha.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Yoshi-Hashi has "LOOSE EXPLOSION" written across his rear end

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

when was the last time njpw had a woman compete in a match

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
^When Chono beat up Chyna?

epitasis posted:

Too many Tacos.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Apr 6, 2015

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

epitasis posted:

Maybe he stole Taguchi's gear.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Kong had a few matches with them in 05.

That's the last time I can remember.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i watched okada vs. fale, that match was awesome. both guys worked really hard. i hope okada continues to get away from the typical 'okada match' when he's not working with a monster who pretty much necessitates it.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Gallows is just awful, with his mish mash gear, awful face paint and that too sweet shtick. Terrible.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

ICHIBAHN posted:

Gallows is just awful, with his mish mash gear, awful face paint and that too sweet shtick. Terrible.

The facepaint was fine but I laughed when I saw the BC on the back of his head, it looked like it was drawn by a 4 year old.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

ICHIBAHN posted:

with his mish mash gear, awful face paint and that too sweet shtick. Terrible.

This literally describes all of Bullet Club.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

KungFu Grip posted:

Karl is too smart to wear face paint!!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Omega, Fale and AJ usually lay off the goofiness. The rest... Create a wrestler as gently caress.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

Not really.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Doc Gallows is actually the best member of Bullet Club.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cody Hall has impressed me so far for how new he is.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kenny omega, the LEAST goofy member of bullet club,

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Not really.

Bucks wear tie dye, Yujiro wore pink, Fale is Togan Diesel, Bad Boy Tama Tonga in his evil face paint and crawling, Omega with his trench coat and coked up mannerisms, Doc on his trash bag trunks and face paint, then the normal looking Anderson and Styles who still spew too sweet. Everyone in the stable are a mess.

I forgot Cody Hall was in Bullet Club

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Who's the woman with bullet club? Yujiro's lady?

edit: I always assumed Bullet Club was supposed to be annoying and ridiculous; they're mainly a bunch of dumb bros repeating catchphrases and constantly doing crotch chops who think they're the coolest ever.

Vertigo Ambrosia fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 6, 2015

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mao

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Who's the woman with bullet club? Yujiro's lady?

edit: I always assumed Bullet Club was supposed to be annoying and ridiculous; they're mainly a bunch of dumb bros repeating catchphrases and constantly doing crotch chops who think they're the coolest ever.

They are tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
A friend alerted me to a podcast that provides English commentary for these shows. It's just one guy talking so, it can be a bit dry, but it helps keep my attention. I listen along with the proper broadcasts for the audience reactions. It is called the PUK Wrestling Podcast.

• Locked thread