Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Gatekeeper posted:

good morning gbs! the earth says "hello!"

big boy mooseface, buttered horsewife, starving foal
_____________________:nsallears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
just wanted whoflungpoop to see that i really am working on a super special version of his av and i'll probably finish it after dinner (fuckin dumb irish food)

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Gatekeeper posted:

just wanted whoflungpoop to see that i really am working on a super special version of his av and i'll probably finish it after dinner (fuckin dumb irish food)

was hoping you'd do this one. here's your 5

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
^^^thanks bud :cheers: spacey stuff is my favorite thing to paint

redshirt posted:

Paint Ralp at home after a long day of Adminning.

what does ralp look like? or should i just use my imagination? because in my imagination he's like john goodman but black (african-goodman-american?) and i'd way rather go with that than whatever he actually looks like

Gatekeeper fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 17, 2015

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Gatekeeper posted:

what does ralp look like? or should i just use my imagination? because in my imagination he's like john goodman but black (african-goodman-american?) and i'd way rather go with that than whatever he actually looks like

Yeah, cool paintings dude. Keep it up.

Ralp looks like a checkerheaded meme dude. Someone post Ralp's pic.

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Gatekeeper posted:

In that case draw a sweet spiral galaxy complete with dust lanes with the text "Beige is out of this world" pls

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Yeah for cool space stuff how about paint the geysers of Enceladus erupting within the rings of Saturn?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Paint me taking a poo poo on a printout of this thread. I want a steamer landing on redshits AV

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Gatekeeper posted:

good morning gbs! the earth says "hello!"

big boy mooseface, buttered horsewife, starving foal

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Gatekeeper posted:

:magical: its looking amazign

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

:magical: its looking amazign

No hula hoop.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Gatekeeper posted:

i'm sorry, i don't actually know what you look like :( i tried really hard though

e: and i gave you a pretty big dong which is cool too

this is great A+

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

did you do my dog yet cheers if you did

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

it looked better in my brain than it does on the paper :( i hope its still satisfactory, bud. thanks for the support

Baudolino posted:

The birth of Ron.L. Hubbard

dunno how i missed this the first time around but it was too good to pass up

Beige, yours is definitely an effort-paint so i probably won't finish (or even start) it until tomorrow. but rest assured, it's coming. it's a cool concept and you always seem like a good dude and i'd be honored to make you something cool like that.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

david... posted:

did you do my dog yet cheers if you did

your dog and the guinea pig/apple sex + baby are up next and will be posted tonight. gonna try to squeeze in ralp unwinding at home for redshirt because he gets a lot of flak but i think he's just a unique person with interesting and different perspectives on stuff and i can relate to that, and if a painting of ralp will make redshirt happy, i'm all for it. someone post ralp's picture, or just describe him fairly well, otherwise i'm going with the black john goodman (no offense mr. ralp if that's not what you look like)

edit: ok they'll be posted much later tonight because my friend is tending bar somewhere which means free booze so i'm gonna go get drunk and then paint even cooler and better than usual because my inhibitions will be lower and my confidence will be through the roof

Gatekeeper fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 18, 2015

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Gatekeeper posted:

it looked better in my brain than it does on the paper :( i hope its still satisfactory, bud. thanks for the support

its loving adorable :3::3::3: i love it

thanks again Gatekeeper you are the best

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Gatekeeper posted:

it's right here, friend!

:buddy:

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004
can you paint the troubled teen of my name as a well adjusted adult who is happy now? it would be a nice :unsmith:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

i'll be honest, i got extremely drunk and i'm in no condition to paint anything except pictures of dicks and boobs so ill totally be on this poo poo tomorrow

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Paint you getting a real job.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
paint a dick and a boob having a frank yet platonic discussion at a bar regarding gender relations

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

panit a bandolier of dog heads

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
OJ Simpson stealing every blue sock in the entire world.

Or a pot calling a kettle black and the kettle kicking the pot's rear end for it.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
this is a good thread you did a good job

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

thanks bud :)

Jabberlock posted:

Paint you getting a real job.

i can't even begin to know what this would look like, real jobs have suits and briefcases right? is "lawyer" a real job? i could do that, probably. painting it, i mean. i couldn't actually be a lawyer.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Paint you painting you painting you painting you, etc.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

psyopmonkey posted:

Do my portrait.

Please.

tried my best, bud :( it's really bad and i'm sorry

Part of Everything posted:

An apple having sex with a guinea pig in bed (u can put covers over them to make it work safe) and then a picture of the weird apple/guinea pig hybrid offspring they produce

i forgot about the bed part but i'm still very proud of this one, its really good, look at how passionately the guinea pig is loving the apple, and omg that cute guinea apple baby

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010

Gatekeeper posted:

dunno how i missed this the first time around but it was too good to pass up

Beige, yours is definitely an effort-paint so i probably won't finish (or even start) it until tomorrow. but rest assured, it's coming. it's a cool concept and you always seem like a good dude and i'd be honored to make you something cool like that.

Wow!! L Ron Hubbard is trending so heavy right now. Hope the media uses your painting!

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
This is legit cool op, keep it up.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Gorman Thomas posted:

Paint the shower room scene from The Rock in the style of Guernica

holy poo poo yeah

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

this thrad are good

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Weener Beater posted:

Wow!! L Ron Hubbard is trending so heavy right now. Hope the media uses your painting!

he was an important man and i hope my painting captured his dignity and poise

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

pls paint my av givin someone a seizure

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

A misanthrope posted:

holy poo poo yeah

i've actually never seen the rock so i'm gonna watch it today and then if i feel inspired by the film and this "shower scene" i'll paint the loving poo poo out of it

A misanthrope posted:

pls paint my av givin someone a seizure

i don't know if a person can paint an animated gif? i'll ask in CC, those guys are really talented and might have good tips for me. the seizure part is easy, but the gif would be a challenge.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

wheres the prison bars and the black and white striped cap and shirt?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

paint my avatar

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Gatekeeper posted:

i've actually never seen the rock so i'm gonna watch it today and then if i feel inspired by the film and this "shower scene" i'll paint the loving poo poo out of it

i don't know if a person can paint an animated gif? i'll ask in CC, those guys are really talented and might have good tips for me. the seizure part is easy, but the gif would be a challenge.

you are awesome

anyone know has this thread been mentioned in the best thread sticky thread yet?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Gates you are pushing paint like some kind of machine here :wth: is that acrylic or what? How long does it have to dry until you overpaint it? Do you overpaint?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

it's acrylic, i'm kind of watering down the paint to make it thinner and using regular sketchbook paper. it doesn't take too long to dry, maybe five to ten minutes (except the serious poo poo like bringbacklf.jpg, that one took a while to dry because the river of blood was so intense). usually i overpaint because it adds a little bit of depth that looks cool but sometimes if im in a hurry i don't bother with it.

i had to take a little break today to finish a couple of woodworking projects and continue working on a clay pipe i made for one of my new chill friends in the chill thread, but i'm back to painting now and will have more stuff to post in a bit. also downloaded 'the rock' and i'm gonna watch that while i eat dinner. looking forward to this shower scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

a hole-y ghost posted:

wheres the prison bars and the black and white striped cap and shirt?

is psyopmonkey a criminal? i had no idea. you don't think of people in prison posting on the forums but i guess it can happen. one of my old coworkers moved to san diego and got married, and her husband is always posting selfies on facebook and releasing his rap singles on youtube and stuff and then one day i found out that he's in prison and has been for 14 years, my coworker just married this dude in prison that she'd never met before and somehow this dude records himself rapping and makes beats and mixes all this stuff on an iphone that presumably was up a butt?? either way i look forward to seeing his career take off when he is paroled/released/exonerated/w/e

• Locked thread