Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Gatekeeper posted:

"ain't no rules says the pug can't play basketball"

slamma jamma!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

wow missed this but this is great dunno if ur taking requests but this pic of jon candy but he's dressed up like a super sayian would mean a lot 2 me ur gettinga 5 regardless tho

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Inside Out Mom posted:

Adam Sandler and pac man anxiously looking on as a pained kevin James gives anal birth to Peter dinklage. With the words somewhere saying coming soon.

Paint it please!

i kinda ran out of room for dinklage's head which is ironic because it's the only part of him that is normal sized :(

social vegan posted:

wow missed this but this is great dunno if ur taking requests but this pic of jon candy but he's dressed up like a super sayian would mean a lot 2 me ur gettinga 5 regardless tho

i had to google what a super saigon is because i've heard of em but never seen em but this seems like a fair approximation? and thank you, i appreciate your kind words.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i know its poor manners to say so since i'm the op but i really like this thread, it's a lot of fun :) you guys have some really good ideas. a lot of people say things like "gbs sucks these days" but i don't think so. not when people come together to be creative and have a good time, like here and in other cool threads.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Gatekeeper posted:

i kinda ran out of room for dinklage's head which is ironic because it's the only part of him that is normal sized :(

i had to google what a super saigon is because i've heard of em but never seen em but this seems like a fair approximation? and thank you, i appreciate your kind words.

Fantastic work.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

oh my lord

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Gatekeeper posted:

i know its poor manners to say so since i'm the op but i really like this thread, it's a lot of fun :) you guys have some really good ideas. a lot of people say things like "gbs sucks these days" but i don't think so. not when people come together to be creative and have a good time, like here and in other cool threads.

You literally rule! Keep on keepin' on!

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
i :h: you gatekeeper

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

gatekeeper owns

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Gatekeeper posted:

^^^ gotta do some research for that because i don't know what a stone cold stunner is

"ain't no rules says the pug can't play basketball"

i think tutu illuminati pug is next because i sketched it a bit, then myself painting tutu illuminati pug while the painting itself is already posted and being viewed in this thread on a screen beside my artspot (head exploding metapaint) then probably i think i'll do Centripetal Horse's alien idea because it's really good. oh and i have to do that realtor deathmatch i think, and a cow ollying over the moon, and gently caress there's so many requests

Then I amend my post to be Stone Cold Steve Austin punching the Prophet Muhammed while Jesus, Ganesh, and Buddha cheer him on

This thread's loving awesome, btw

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Dr.Smasher posted:

Then I amend my post to be Stone Cold Steve Austin punching the Prophet Muhammed while Jesus, Ganesh, and Buddha cheer him on

This thread's loving awesome, btw

googled "stone cold stunner", problem solved

i hope you don't mind that i made ganesh the ref, something about the mental image of one set of his arms leaning against the ropes and the other set of arms putting his hands on his hips was funny to me and i wanted to see it in paint form

e: i like to think that right after muhammad was stone cold stunned, he went home and sat down in the shower and ate soup right from the can

Gatekeeper fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Mar 22, 2015

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Can you paint the dog from this thread warning its a little disturbing tho :nms: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3707884

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

i actually have a pug and toilet irl, i'll put my own pug in a toilet and draw him like one of my french girls

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Gatekeeper posted:

i hope you don't mind that i made ganesh the ref, something about the mental image of one set of his arms leaning against the ropes and the other set of arms putting his hands on his hips was funny to me and i wanted to see it in paint form

e: i like to think that right after muhammad was stone cold stunned, he went home and sat down in the shower and ate soup right from the can

stunner was a very smart sytlistic choice imo

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Pavel Petel as a pug

Pugel Petel

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
a scrunt wanking into a pile of garbage

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Gatekeeper posted:

It's everything I hoped for and more.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
a clown living life to the fullest

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

How long do these paintings take to do?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
A Carebear raping James Hetfield

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Gatekeeper, glad you're feeling better, also your paintings are awesome!

Edit: Would still love the super saiyan Spock, but super saiyan John Candy is pretty awesome.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Pavel Petel as a pug

Pugel Petel

i got like, halfway through this one and really wanted to stop because it felt like i was drawing something truly obscene but i pushed through it and came out on the other side as a better and more well-rounded person.

ultrafilter posted:

How long do these paintings take to do?

between 10 and 45 minutes, i guess? including drying time when i gotta paint something and then paint over it. longest part is usually sketching it out first. usually when i paint stuff it takes hours/days and i just paint everything, but to help speed things up for the thread i tried sketching it first and painting over the sketch. it's giving everything this cool brad neely comic look that i like and it also makes it way easier to do this stuff quickly so i don't let my buddies down when they really wanna see dead cops and pugstuffs

Moola posted:

is scrunt an anime? i'm bad at animes

Darkman Fanpage posted:

so gacy?

Gatekeeper fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 22, 2015

John Q. Quarterback
Nov 27, 2007
The Q is for Quarterback

Gatekeeper posted:

lotta stuff i gotta get to today but this one seemed like a good starting point

he is pinching his nipple and looking towards the heavens in thanks and praise for the lord for giving his only begotten son as a fucktoy

e: a fleshchrist if you will

:vince:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Gatekeeper posted:

sketching out a lil bit of "the shower room scene from the 1996 film 'The Rock' as done in the style of Guernica"

this is the best thing in the thread and that people have skipped over it so callously is insulting to art everywhere

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Moola posted:

googled "scrunt", saw that it was the stupid grasswolf from lady in the water (saw that movie in a theater and still didn't remember what the gently caress a scrunt was) so here ya go big boy, a scrunt wanking into a pile of garbage

wanking onto his own film, meta as gently caress

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

this is the best thing in the thread and that people have skipped over it so callously is insulting to art everywhere

thanks bud :) i really like it too. haven't painted it at all yet because i like it so much that i'm afraid to mess it up

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

The General posted:

Would still love the super saiyan Spock

forgot about this one, doin it now

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Gatekeeper posted:

i have some kind of gross flu type thing so i'm not really up for painting anything today, just eating soup and crushing up and snorting coricidin cough and cold pills (its making my congestion worse though which i guess makes sense but still is frustrating) but i figured i could at least share the progress i've made sketching out a lil bit of "the shower room scene from the 1996 film 'The Rock' as done in the style of Guernica"

painting this will be fun, all the cool shading and stuff.

alright, going to sleep now. enjoy your evening, gbs :) and if you're in the path of Winter Storm Ultima (really, that's what its called) please stay warm and stay safe!

lmao

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i would like a painting of steven seagal roller skating

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

The General posted:

super saiyan Spock

better than candy, i think?

Darkman Fanpage posted:

meh. kinda gave up like halfway through this one because its not very good or funny (entirely my fault, not the fault of your premise, i am sorry for failing you and will make it up to you tomorrow with a good rollerskating seagal)

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Centripetal Horse posted:

Has anyone said, "outsider art," yet?

I would like a painting of an alien parent and child standing on an alien night-time landscape pointing up with their alien hands at an alien planetrise. These aliens live on a moon that is close to its host planet, so the planet is huge and imposing in their alien sky. Also, there is another, smaller, alien moon in the distance, visible along with the alien planet.

I would also like this painting to be biiig and high resolution in case I can find someone to loan me the money to have it printed and hung on my wall.

Alien.

i forgot about this cool idea, it'll be a nice effortpaint. do you care what the aliens look like or can i just be creative there?

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Fievel from An American Tail: Fievel Goes West

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I want you to paint a child's laughter OP.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
The Secret Archives of The Vatican.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

TontoCorazon posted:

I want you to paint a child's laughter OP.

William Bear posted:

The Secret Archives of The Vatican.

these are the same

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Weird BIAS posted:

Fievel from An American Tail: Fievel Goes West
Cna you do Fievel from his 'Nam days?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Can any of these paintings be scanned? I need.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

a hole-y ghost posted:

Cna you do Fievel from his 'Nam days?

Do this yeah.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
welp gatekeeper got permabanned guess i'll never get that roller skating steven seagal

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

he came smashing into our hearts and left just as quickly

I enjoyed the time we had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
does anybody know what he did specifically?

• Locked thread