Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Put my notice in a month ago, got a raise and agreed to stay. Job still sux and everyone there is a self centered oval office. So I landed a deal at the old job where I liked it, making more money, and only gave this one till Friday.

"Hey boss got a minute? Ok don't be pissed..."

Take care of your people, employers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im glad of it

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Nah, I'll still treat them like the replaceable monkeys that they are.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

mng posted:

Nah, I'll still treat them like the replaceable monkeys that they are.

lol someone is gonna go postal on your rear end

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Nice.

I quit a job because it eventually turned into a garbage paper pushing gig surrounded by lovely human beings and telling them I was loving gone in 2 weeks was a great feeling, especially after they tried to get me to stay.

"You shitheads find someone else to deal with your lovely loving database and file system. PEACEEEEE. "

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

TEAYCHES posted:

lol someone is gonna go postal on your rear end

like that game where you can piss on people? Gross

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i dont think ill ever hang up my hat in butt plug testing

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Jokes on me tho I'll have to file two w-2s next year :negative: that's how the gov'ment gets ya

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
I wish your job was posting

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i quit a job to go back to school once but i was polite and put in my two weeks notice.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I always put in my 2 weeks every week in case i find a better job so i can start immediately

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Frog Act posted:

i quit a job to go back to school once but i was polite and put in my two weeks notice.

I hope they laughed at you for going back to school

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

squat at your former workplace

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRMOMjCoR58

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
You should poo poo everywhere.

EVERYWHERE.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G11t6XAIce0

step 1 of your new life: get a squeaky dry erase board

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.
proud of you op, dont take poo poo off nobody

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Came for the plot of Jurassic Park.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Can't wait to post all the angsty attitudes and silly poo poo that people will inevitably pull, will update for sure

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Sometimes you gotta quit your job.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

if you need money op ill pay you for sexual favors

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

interwhat posted:

I hope they laughed at you for going back to school

actually y boss told me teh one thing he regretted was never going to college b/c he ended up teh store manager at cvs so not really

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Frog Act posted:

actually y boss told me teh one thing he regretted was never going to college b/c he ended up teh store manager at cvs so not really

That's gotta be at least 75k a year?...

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

interwhat posted:

lol he made like $35k and had really lovely benefits adn a fat wife and kids that sucked.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

interwhat posted:

only the dick pharmacists make that much at CVS and being a professional rear end in a top hat while you count stuff is pretty demanding work

Epileptic Monkey
Jan 9, 2014

interwhat posted:

Local managers at franchises make poo poo all dosh. My brother got offered a mangers position at a dry cleaners and he said gently caress that, cause he gets paid more as a general laborer.

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots

Frog Act posted:

that's weird, my manager told me he regretted going to college because he ended up a manager at cvs

Roargasm posted:

only the dick pharmacists make that much at CVS and being a professional rear end in a top hat while you count stuff is pretty demanding work

lmao you think pharmacists are the ones counting things.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I quit a job before too! I kept saying I was basically running the company, but no one believed me. I quit, clients started leaving in droves, and about 2 years later the company is now about to fold.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

I quit a job before too! I kept saying I was basically running the company, but no one believed me. I quit, clients started leaving in droves, and about 2 years later the company is now about to fold.

Yeah I heard you made a wicked Crunch Wrap

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
It sucks to accept, but in almost every situation you are easily replaced with the next drone.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ya the real reazon 1st_Panzer_Div. tacobell closed down is because a chipotle opened next dor

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I'm a mechanic for a German manufacturer. Switching German manufacturers lmao. The thing is, a veteran technician can feasibly make 100k if they work hard. The downside is is that it is demanding work and it all depends on how many cars come through the door. I'm about four years in and I plan to make about 65k this year if all goes well. My goal is to make 80k in two to three years. Funny thing is, 80k today is not at all what 80k was ten years ago. And there's no loving way I'm cutting down my liquor budget

Also the only way to increase your hourly rate(yes hourly, 100% commission based pay) by more than a dollar at a time , is to threaten to quit because the dealer is deathly afraid of losing a technician that could be doing that "waiter" oil change.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

Full Metal Jackass posted:

It sucks to accept, but in almost every situation you are easily replaced with the next drone.

There have been so many employees at my job that say that when they leave, business will decline so much because people come in to see them. Then the employee gets fired and the people who come in don't even ask "where's so-and-so?"

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Thankfully us drones have to be trusted to make sure your drain plug is tight. Still doesn't stop these goons to hire the next gump that walks through the door.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

interwhat posted:

Thankfully us drones have to be trusted to make sure your drain plug is tight. Still doesn't stop these goons to hire the next gump that walks through the door.

ill tighten your drain plug

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
You lose a ton of satisfaction if you give any kind of notice to the pricks that were stupid enough to hire you in the first place.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
gently caress da man

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

interwhat posted:

I'm a mechanic for a German manufacturer. Switching German manufacturers lmao. The thing is, a veteran technician can feasibly make 100k if they work hard. The downside is is that it is demanding work and it all depends on how many cars come through the door. I'm about four years in and I plan to make about 65k this year if all goes well. My goal is to make 80k in two to three years. Funny thing is, 80k today is not at all what 80k was ten years ago. And there's no loving way I'm cutting down my liquor budget

Also the only way to increase your hourly rate(yes hourly, 100% commission based pay) by more than a dollar at a time , is to threaten to quit because the dealer is deathly afraid of losing a technician that could be doing that "waiter" oil change.

im glad you have you alcoholism under control

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

mng posted:

like that game where you can piss on people? Gross
Mister, the game where you can piss in people's rear end is none other than the game of life. Keep it in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

ya the real reazon 1st_Panzer_Div. tacobell closed down is because a chipotle opened next dor

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Locked thread