Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Put my notice in a month ago, got a raise and agreed to stay. Job still sux and everyone there is a self centered oval office. So I landed a deal at the old job where I liked it, making more money, and only gave this one till Friday.

"Hey boss got a minute? Ok don't be pissed..."

Take care of your people, employers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Jokes on me tho I'll have to file two w-2s next year :negative: that's how the gov'ment gets ya

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Frog Act posted:

i quit a job to go back to school once but i was polite and put in my two weeks notice.

I hope they laughed at you for going back to school

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Can't wait to post all the angsty attitudes and silly poo poo that people will inevitably pull, will update for sure

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Frog Act posted:

actually y boss told me teh one thing he regretted was never going to college b/c he ended up teh store manager at cvs so not really

That's gotta be at least 75k a year?...

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I'm a mechanic for a German manufacturer. Switching German manufacturers lmao. The thing is, a veteran technician can feasibly make 100k if they work hard. The downside is is that it is demanding work and it all depends on how many cars come through the door. I'm about four years in and I plan to make about 65k this year if all goes well. My goal is to make 80k in two to three years. Funny thing is, 80k today is not at all what 80k was ten years ago. And there's no loving way I'm cutting down my liquor budget

Also the only way to increase your hourly rate(yes hourly, 100% commission based pay) by more than a dollar at a time , is to threaten to quit because the dealer is deathly afraid of losing a technician that could be doing that "waiter" oil change.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Full Metal Jackass posted:

It sucks to accept, but in almost every situation you are easily replaced with the next drone.

Thankfully us drones have to be trusted to make sure your drain plug is tight. Still doesn't stop these goons to hire the next gump that walks through the door.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Big Beef City posted:

When I got my first 'real' job I kept working at my old gig for a few months because I just didn't know when to let go and then I finally did and I did it professionally and it was sad but nice because I was moving on to better things.

That was over 8 years ago now and I still have dreams that I'm suddenly back on the schedule there and need to show up to work again, it's weird.

Oh god brutal. No job will be as good as your dream job which you left 8 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
U need a gun pal

• Locked thread