Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

A MAUNSTAH A MAUNSTAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clevername Lookhere
Jan 9, 2006
Generally I prefer justice and the rule of law to vigilantism but that was kinda cool I guess?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Clevername Lookhere posted:

Generally I prefer justice and the rule of law to vigilantism but that was kinda cool I guess?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I liked Booker T saying 'If I can speak for Stin...' and Cole just shouting over him and not letting him finish until the show went off the air

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Sounds like this wasn't well-received here but it was pretty fun to attend. They had a tag match afterwards where Reigns and Cena beat Rusev and Rollins. Smart move letting Seth shut down the chants for him early on, there weren't nearly as many Rollins chants as there were the last time Raw was in Des Moines.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

Sounds like this wasn't well-received here but it was pretty fun to attend. They had a tag match afterwards where Reigns and Cena beat Rusev and Rollins. Smart move letting Seth shut down the chants for him early on, there weren't nearly as many Rollins chants as there were the last time Raw was in Des Moines.

What was the feel in the arena when Sting showed up?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

I'll give you guys this: at least Iowa seemed to give a shot and want to enjoy what they paid for. Crowd seemed to be into it all night.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

my only real complaint about raw this week was that none of the wrestling matches were given enough time to do anything except, oddly enough, the divas match

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

oatgan posted:

my only real complaint about raw this week was that none of the wrestling matches were given enough time to do anything except, oddly enough, the divas match

I look forward to there being even less time for matches next week because it's the go home show

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I feel like there's more recap of the currently-airing show and last week's RAW than there are actual wrestling matches.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

I look forward to there being even less time for matches next week because it's the go home show

but bill simmons!

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Smoking Crow posted:

What was the feel in the arena when Sting showed up?

Amazing. One of the best wrestling moments I've gotten to see (though the only other major moment I've been there for was when HHH won the title for the first time in Ames). Everyone was pumped and all the fans were talking about it forever. We obviously knew it was coming but it felt really special that we got to see him.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I'll give you guys this: at least Iowa seemed to give a shot and want to enjoy what they paid for. Crowd seemed to be into it all night.

Thanks, I kind of take some pride in trying to be part of a good crowd. We've only got the one arena and it's a massive part of our downtown, so it's definitely a big deal for the whole city whenever something comes in. We're definitely not that smarky, we just want to enjoy a good wrestling show and see some cool people. I saw people try to start CM Punk chants that got replaced by AJ Lee. Reigns also got a great reaction after Raw went off the air. If they wanted him to look like a star on TV, this was the crowd to do it in front of. If they had given him a chance to do a spear and a Superman Punch, we would have ate it up. The Bryan chants were a pretty small crowd from what I could see.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
The Daniel Bryan chants were very audible on TV. Almost match Reigns' volume at points.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

AlmightyPants posted:

The Daniel Bryan chants were very audible on TV. Almost match Reigns' volume at points.

I basically only heard Reigns getting boos and Daniel Bryan chants. Scattered cheers. Weird.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

AlmightyPants posted:

Live TV is blessing imho

EDIT: It was a decent length match, but was the Women's Wrestling Divas match any good.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

NutritiousSnack posted:

Live TV is blessing imho

EDIT: It was a decent length match, but was the Women's Wrestling Divas match any good.

It was fine but not anything special. Competent but a little slow, no real botches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Under the vegetable posted:

I basically only heard Reigns getting boos and Daniel Bryan chants. Scattered cheers. Weird.

:shrug: Most of the Bryan chants were coming from the guys on the hardcam, I'm sure they overwhelmed. But both Reigns and Cena were mad over once they were off TV. Also keep in mind I'm only in one little section of the arena and there were tons of kids around me, I could have read things wrong.

• Locked thread