Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

warcrimes posted:

I'm going to assume that this is a comedy post and not a HOT TAKE because that's a bad opinion.

The Rams are not good though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Courtney Upshaw sucks for an early second round pick.

We agree on Webb and Jackson on all but semantics. However, Upshaw was valuable. He started immediately and was the best defender against the run in the NFL for our superbowl winning team. He hasn't recaptured that magic but he's improved his coverage skills significantly. He may have been crowded out by Suggs, Doom, and McPhee but he could find significant play time on another team. Overall for a second rounder that's not too bad. Was the trade worth it? Definitely not.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

bigmcgaffney posted:

The Rams are not good though?

They're not good but they aren't "real bad" and are probably a couple of skill position players/o-lineman away from competing in the NFC West.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Chargers

Round 1 Pick 18- Melvin Ingram, OLB SCAR: Decent edge guy when he can stay healthy. Can't stay healthy. Forced a fumble off Matt McGloin once. B-

Round 2 Pick 17- Kendall Reyes, DE UCONN: Perfectly competent starting end. Solid value, decent off the edge. Ok pick. B

Round 3 Pick 10- Brandon Taylor, SS LSU: Injured all the loving time, started like eight games, sucked. Cut to clear a bit of cap room for Brandon Flowers. F

Round 4 Pick 15- LaDarius Green, TE ULL: heir apparent to Antonio Gates. Does ok given limited looks but he's currently playing TE on the same team as Antonio Gates C

Round 5 Pick 14- Johnnie Troutmann OG Penn State: started last year because every lineman on the team got hurt. Not very good but it's a round 5 pick and he started so...value, I guess? D+

Round 7 Pick 19 David Molk, C Michigan: project center. Cut, floating around on practice squads. F

Round 7 Pick 43: Edwin Baker, RB MSU : project back. Never did poo poo. F

Overall: C. Early round picks were okay I guess. Brandon Taylor was a waste. Rounds 5-7 went about as well as they usually go.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

warcrimes posted:

They're not good but they aren't "real bad" and are probably a couple of skill position players/o-lineman away from competing in the NFC West.

-guy talking about the Rams every year since Jeff Fisher arrived

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Benne posted:

Round 7, pick 225: J.R. Sweezy, DE, N.C. State

Sweezy was immediately moved to right guard after getting drafted, and the experiment went about as well as you'd expect. He actually showed some improvement in 2014, but there's a reason Seahawks fans are constantly pining for new guards. I bumped the grade because finding a starter in the seventh round should count for something Grade: C

A 7th rounder that is on the team 3 years later and starts without totally clowning himself should be an A every time. A C for a 7th rounder who started 34 games in his first 3 years? Were you expecting a pro bowler? Most 7th rounders don't even make it past training camp.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

If your defense of your teams first round draft pick begins with mentioning gunner on special teams you've officially defeated your own point

He is phenomenal at it though

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

SlipUp posted:

We agree on Webb and Jackson on all but semantics. However, Upshaw was valuable. He started immediately and was the best defender against the run in the NFL for our superbowl winning team. He hasn't recaptured that magic but he's improved his coverage skills significantly. He may have been crowded out by Suggs, Doom, and McPhee but he could find significant play time on another team. Overall for a second rounder that's not too bad. Was the trade worth it? Definitely not.

Upshaw will forever get a pass from me since the few times he gets to the quarterback it's usually obliterating Ben for a penalty. Each penalty is totally worth it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sour Diesel posted:

Upshaw will forever get a pass from me since the few times he gets to the quarterback it's usually obliterating Ben for a penalty. Each penalty is totally worth it.

Courtney Roughshod

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Ehud posted:

-guy talking about the Rams every year since Jeff Fisher arrived

This also applies for almost all of his time with the Titans.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Steelers 2012 draft

David DeCastro, OG, Stanford: Got off to a slow start blowing out his knee in preseason his rookie year, then blowing out Pouncey's knee his second season. Since then he's been really drat good. Dude is an absolute mauler in the run game. His pass protection is normally pretty good as well, but he needs a bit more consistency in that area. Overall real happy with him, would draft again. A

Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State: Backup swing tackle. Will hopefully never be seen playing LT ever again. Can't play RT very well either. He's good in the run game but my god is he a turnstile in pass protection. He consistently needs help from the RG or a TE to ever even really have a chance to stop his man. For awhile he would come in at TE as a 6th lineman in jumbo packages and did pretty well there. Overall pretty lovely and I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see another tackle drafted at some point this year who bumps him off the team. D

Sean Spence, LB, Miami: Was looking amazing in his first preseason before suffering an ungodly disgusting knee injury that put him out until 2014. This past year he came back and played really well despite doctors initially telling him he might have trouble ever even walking right again. Good in coverage, really fast and has great instincts, decent special teamer. Stepped up when Shazier was hurt/obviously not ready to start. Going forward he will probably be splitting time with Shazier or at least really great depth. Would be a higher grade if not for the injury keeping him out so long. C+

Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington: Showed some promise but then got wasted and side swiped a ton of cars in south side and got cut the next year for an old rear end dude with zero upside. He went to Arizona after that I believe and probably did more there than here. We also traded up to get him, so this ended up being an all around poo poo show pick. F

Chris Rainey, RB, Florida: Scat back who couldn't scat very well. Fumble fingers. Was a pretty good return man but decided that it was TIME TO DIE for another girlfriend and got cut after his rookie year. D+

Toney Clemons, WR, Colorado: Hometown kid pick. Was bad, never did anything. Typical 7th round pick who cares

David Paulson, Tight End, Oregon: Managed to hang around for a couple years. Wasn't a great blocker. Had good hands when he wasn't fumbling after a catch. Good special teams player. Ended up being an ok pick C

Terrance Frederick, CB, Texas A&M: Never made it out of training camp who cares

Kelvin Beachum, OT, SMU: Swing lineman who has now been our starting LT for the last year and a half and has actually done really well despite not having the measurables for the position at all. You really can't get better value than a starting LT in the 7th round A+

UDFAs of note: Robert Golden who is a backup safety and excellent special teams player and Drew Butler, who was the punter for a year and I believe has the Steelers longest ever punt but got cut after a year for being really inconsistent.

Overall not a really great draft. It was OLine rebuilding year and they managed to hit really well on 2 of those 3 picks. Other than that Spence and Golden are the only significant contributors. One of Colbert's lesser drafts. C- overall

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

SlipUp posted:

The trade as definitely worth it. You can't judge a trade by what the picks were used for, you grade a trade by the value of the picks themselves. Moving down 6 spots from 29 to 35th overall while picking up a fourth is absolutely worth it.

To use a better example, the Browns trading Trent Richardson for a 1st round pick is absolutely worth it. They ended up picking Manziel with that pick, but that means that the pick itself sucks. The trade itself is still really good.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Roasted Donut posted:

David DeCastro, OG, Stanford: Got off to a slow start blowing out his knee in preseason his rookie year, then blowing out Pouncey's knee his second season. Since then he's been really drat good. Dude is an absolute mauler in the run game. His pass protection is normally pretty good as well, but he needs a bit more consistency in that area. Overall real happy with him, would draft again. A
Kevin Zeitler bitch.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Sour Diesel posted:

He has shown some improvement in pass rushing in the playoffs and the last couple of games last year - I was pretty shocked seeing him beat his guy off the line and use his hands fairly well. His biggest knock is that he sucks rear end rushing the passer so if he fixes that it would be amazing. Hopefully he fixes it after he signs an extension though so he doesn't price himself out of baltimore.

Otherwise he's a solid edge setter in the Jarret Johnson mold. A solid guy to have on the team - maybe he should be able to do more for being a high second round pick, but starting and getting as many snaps as he does while playing decently is a success imo.

This draft was pretty good for the Ravens. Osemele is a really high level guard. I remember wanting DeCastro and was upset when the Steelers got him, but Osemele has been way better. I also wanted Aimni Silatolu because I watched like two youtube clips of him trucking teh poo poo out of some stupid DII fools but surprise surprise defensive players are a lot bigger in the nfl and Sialtolu sucks. Anyway Osemele is cool.

Bernard Pierce got snaps and played well for one year and had potential. I'll give him a pass for 2013 because everything sucked. Got cut for drunk driving this offseason so bleh. It's not an F pick but its down there.

Gradkowski got starting time for a whole season and sucked rear end but he's a 4th round pick so w/e. Fourth round is mostly to find roleplayers and contributors rather than full starters so I wouldn't call it a whiffed pick. He stepped in for Zuttah a couple times last year when Zuttah looked like he hurt his ankle or something and didn't play poorly so maybe he can stay on as good depth.

Thompson and Streeter aren't on the team anymore. W/e

Asa Jackson is a good special teams player and can manage to not gently caress up in some kind of nickle or dime role but he's definitely not very good at this stage. Still has a chance to get better. 5th round pick so its only upside I guess.

DeAngelo Tyson isn't great iirc but he's a rotational player that got picked up in the 7th so that's success.

Picked up Justin Tucker as a UDFA which owns.

A solid B - B+ draft. Got one really good player, a consistent starter, and then some bit players/depth players.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

Kevin Zeitler bitch.

remember how every bengals fan thought decastro was a snap pick and then when they traded down with decastro on the board everyone lost their minds, and then when he ended up on the steelers every bengals fan tried to kill themselves

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs draft by Greg Schiano and Mark Dominick:

Round 1, Pick 7 (7th overall): Mark Barron, S, Alabama - Completely awful. The rare high first round pick S pick that turned out to be terrible. Can't cover and doesn't tackle very well. Somehow we traded him to St. Louis this past season. F

Round 1, Pick 31 (31st overall): Doug Martin, RB, Boise State - Had an amazing rookie season but has dealt with injuries on and off since. Still a decent runner but stuck behind a garbage oline. C

Round 2, Pick 26 (58th overall): Lavonte David, LB, Nebraska - One bad bad man. I mean, he's so loving good. I wouldn't take any other 4-3 LB over him in the NFL. A+

Round 5, Pick 5 (140th overall): Najee Goode, LB, West Virginia - Never did anything of note. Last I heard he was in Philly. F

Round 6, Pick 4 (174th overall): Keith Tandy, CB, West Virginia - Basically a huge liability when he makes it on the field. F

Round 7, Pick 5 (212th overall): Michael Smith, RB, Utah State - Potential sleeper project coming out with great speed. Never panned out to anything. F

Round 7, Pick 26 (233rd overall): Drake Dunsmore, TE, Northwestern - Who? F

Overall I'd give this draft a C and pretty much only because of superstar Lavonte David. Otherwise, what a loving waste of a draft this was.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

gently caress yeah, I nailed every pick. Go me.

:patssay::respek::patssay:

I was surprisingly OK with my grades too:

quote:

1-21: Chandler Jones, DE Syracuse. They traded up for a good pass rusher? Finally? This is a thing that actually happened? A

1-25: Dont'a Hightower, ILB Alabama. They traded up for a good linebacker who can also chip in with some sacks? A

2-48: Tavon Wilson, FS, Illinois. D-, only reason it isn't an F is because they need all the DB bodies they can throw into the fire.

3-90: Jake Bequette, DE, Arkansas. A run-stuffing lineman? Eh, OK I guess. C

6-197: Nate Ebner, DB, Ohio St.. I guess special teams cogs are OK? I dunno. C

7-224: Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska Yeah, he's a risk, but this late in the draft he's a great gamble to take. If he fireaballs who gives a poo poo? A+

7-235: Jeremy Ebert, WR Northwestern. I think by this point they were letting interns burn the draft picks. But for a 7th who cares? C

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

remember how every bengals fan thought decastro was a snap pick and then when they traded down with decastro on the board everyone lost their minds, and then when he ended up on the steelers every bengals fan tried to kill themselves

worked out pretty well for both teams. dang everyone but the browns drafted a sick guard that year in division

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Roasted Donut posted:

worked out pretty well for both teams. dang everyone but the browns drafted a sick guard that year in division

Hmm yeah, that's a fair point, but you seem to forget that the Browns drafted stud Alabama Running Back Trent Richardson, as well as Brandon Weeden. Let me think, would I rather have a 'sick guard' or a running back + quarterback. Yeah, that's what I thought.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Borsche69 posted:

The trade as definitely worth it. You can't judge a trade by what the picks were used for, you grade a trade by the value of the picks themselves. Moving down 6 spots from 29 to 35th overall while picking up a fourth is absolutely worth it.

To use a better example, the Browns trading Trent Richardson for a 1st round pick is absolutely worth it. They ended up picking Manziel with that pick, but that means that the pick itself sucks. The trade itself is still really good.

I gave the trade a C in my grades because of exactly that. However, it was a draft day trade for players we are rating subjectively at this moment. We knew who the Vikings were going to take and we know Ozzie had his eye on Upshaw. This is ostensibly is Ozzie's report card and ultimately he was wrong in how he judged those two players. I get it, conventional wisdom. Sometimes conventional wisdom doesn't always give you a right answer though.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Roasted Donut posted:

yeah, im very happy with zeitler and while its very good that decastro didnt bust after those first couple years i hope he gets caught on camera doing coke off pounceys freakin rear end!!!!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Someone with archive powers should do a looking back at the 2012 Goon Draft.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I did stumble onto:

and here's the goon mock draft from 2012:

1.) Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2.)Redskins: Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
3.) Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT, USC
4.) Falcons: Justin Blackmon, WR, Okie State
5.) Bucs: Morris Claiborne, CB, Louisiana State University
6.) Rams: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
7.) Jaguars: Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois
8.) Dolphins: Melvin Ingram, DE, SCar
9.) Panthers: Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
10.) Bills: Quinton Coples, DE, UNC
11.) Chiefs: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
12.) Seahawks: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
13.) Cardinals: Nick Perry, OLB/DE, USC
14.) Cowboys: David Decastro, OT, Stanford
15.) Eagles: Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College
16.) Jets: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
17.) *Bengals: Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia
18.) Chargers: Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama
19.) Bears: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
20.) Titans: Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
21.) Bengals: Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
22.) **Browns: Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
23.) Lions: Mark Barron, SS, Alabama
24.) Steelers: Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
25.) Broncos: Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
26.) Texans: Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
27.) ***Patriots: Zach Brown, LB, North Carolina
28.) Packers: Jerel Worthy, DE, Michigan State
29.) Ravens: Dont'a Hightower, Alabama
30.) Niners: Reuben Randle, WR, LSU
31.) Patriots: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
32.) Giants: Lamar Miller, RB, Miami

* - Bengals from Raiders (Carson Palmer)
** - Browns from Falcons (Julio Jones lol)
*** - Patriots from Saints (Mark Ingram)
**** - Falcons from Browns (Browns receive Matt Ryan and Roddy White)
***** - Redskins trade their 1st and 3rd round picks along with Brian Orakpo to the Rams for the #2 Overall Pick

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Wonder how much better Lamar Miller would of been over Wilson. At least he's still in the league.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Here's the day one aftermath thread from the draft which probably has some funny things to mine:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3481535

As a Skins fan, I can only hope RG3 can justify killing our first round picks for the next 2 years. (As a Skins fan, I also expect nothing but disappointment). I am super excited for Griffin, but it's still the god drat Skins we're talking about.

Shanahan is going to ruin RG3.

and drat, Mike Tanier just went on the Browns over Weeden:

quote:

The Browns' offense is like a malfunctioning home entertainment center. You can tell it is not working, but the best way to figure out what is wrong is to unplug everything, test it independently, and troubleshoot on an item-by-item basis. Did Colt McCoy's ineffectiveness limit the receivers and the running game? Did Peyton Hillis (now with the Chiefs) hold everyone else back with his nagging injuries and sudden willingness to hit the ground at the slightest contact? Did rookie Greg Little drop so many passes that it made McCoy look bad? Should the game system run though the speakers, or the Blu-ray player?

Unfortunately, football teams do not come with HDMI cables, and all we had to work with last year was the static on the screen: a meager 4.5 yards per offensive play, four lowly rushing touchdowns, a 56.1 percent team completion rate. Trent Richardson will help, but the Browns have just opted for the low-tech solution: throw away the television (McCoy) and get something old fashioned.

Weeden was born on October 14, 1983. He is one month older than Aaron Rodgers. He spent several seasons in the Yankees organization as a pitcher, then red-shirted at Oklahoma State, spent two seasons on the bench, then finally earned a starting job for the Oklahoma State Cowboys at an age when most successful N.F.L. quarterbacks are settling in to starting jobs with teams like the Dallas Cowboys.

Baseball analysts, with their sabermetric precision, know that prospects in their late 20s are not really prospects: the 27-year old outfielder who hits 35 home runs in AAA projects as a major league pinch-hitter, but not a star. Football analysis is not quite so advanced, so some are projecting the grown man who threw 37 touchdowns in the Big 12 as an immediate starter who can play at a high level until his mid-30s, five or six years or now. But only the best quarterbacks play until they are 33 years old. Joey Harrington is 33 years old. Brooks Bollinger is 32. Weeden is just good enough to create a quarterback controversy on a weak team, win a job by default, then put the same team back on the quarterback market as his skills fade.

That is just what he is about to do. The Browns just got older and less experienced at quarterback at the same time. And they consider it progress.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

davecrazy posted:

Wonder how much better Lamar Miller would of been over Wilson. At least he's still in the league.

Lamar Miller owns but barely gets to touch the ball. It rules.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

davecrazy posted:

I think Wilson would have been great given enough touches and not being injured. Coughlin never gave him the shot and by time he could have his neck was ruined. P sad as a VT fan, but I guess doesn't much matter to Giants fans beyond him not doing much of anything significant for the team.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Kalli posted:

Here's the day one aftermath thread from the draft which probably has some funny things to mine:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3481535

As a Skins fan, I can only hope RG3 can justify killing our first round picks for the next 2 years. (As a Skins fan, I also expect nothing but disappointment). I am super excited for Griffin, but it's still the god drat Skins we're talking about.

Shanahan is going to ruin RG3.

and drat, Mike Tanier just went on the Browns over Weeden:

I don't think that I've ever been as wrong about an NFL prospect as I was about Morris Claiborne.

At least I wasn't alone though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If you went by the goon draft miami killed it in 2012.

Minus the soft pile of garbage that is Jon martin

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

If you went by the goon draft miami killed it in 2012.

Minus the soft pile of garbage that is Jon martin

Hot take: Bullying victims are soft.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Whoever mock drafted for the Bengals technically got it right. Also:

Grozz Nuy posted:
So with this move today, how hot is Carroll's seat when Seattle goes 7-9 for the third year in a row

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Atticus Finch posted:

Grozz Nuy posted:
So with this move today, how hot is Carroll's seat when Seattle goes 7-9 for the third year in a row

This poo poo is the best. Literally.

Full disclosure: I said Tampa Bay would be good this year, depending on McCown's play. I'm a dumb.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

warcrimes posted:

This poo poo is the best. Literally.

Full disclosure: I said Tampa Bay would be good this year, depending on McCown's play. I'm a dumb.

I mean you weren't really wrong. McCown was horrible and so were the Buccs.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

MrSargent posted:

I mean you weren't really wrong. McCown was horrible and so were the Buccs.

I didn't expect their defense to be that bad. There was talent there and I thought they picked up some talent in FA. It actually taught me a lesson about this whole FA "winners" and "losers" bullshit false narrative I hadn't really noticed before.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

warcrimes posted:

I didn't expect their defense to be that bad. There was talent there and I thought they picked up some talent in FA. It actually taught me a lesson about this whole FA "winners" and "losers" bullshit false narrative I hadn't really noticed before.

Was just looking at the games they played this year and there were 8 games that they lost by less than a touchdown. I know the defense shares some of that blame but with even a half-competent QB, they could have had a shot at overtaking Carolina. God the NFC South was loving horrible last year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Chargers

Round 2 Pick 17- Kendall Reyes, DE UCONN: Perfectly competent starting end. Solid value, decent off the edge. Ok pick. B

He's really loving bad

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

Hot take: Bullying victims are soft.

Someone post 49er gif.

Two birds one stone. Shows what Im talking about (hes a soft pile of garbage. Even less because Im sure a soft pile of garbage would take a de more than 1 second to push over.)

OH and 2 because it reminds me of your constant overposting

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Round 7, Pick 26 (233rd overall): Drake Dunsmore, TE, Northwestern - Who? F

Scrub tier post

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

SA2K posted:

He's really loving bad

so are the Chargers

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
Browns 2012 draft, with 11 selections that were the most of any team in the NFL that year

#3 Trent Richardson - Browns gave the Vikings a bunch of picks to move up one loving spot for this turd. Also I believe all the guys the Vikes chose with the extra picks are still on the team as depth or better. Hahahahahahahaha. Off the team after 18 games, Browns received a first for him. Oh ok, that's good right oh wait they used it (and other picks to move up) for Johnny Manziel. Hahahahaha. Grade :laugh:
Currently: On third team in 3 years.

#22 Brandon Weeden - Hahahahahahahaha holy loving poo poo. Cut after 2 seasons, which is fairly rare for a first round pick who doesn't have major character issues, doubly so for a QB. Grade: :laugh:
Currently: On second team as backup.

#37 Mitchell Schwartz - Somewhat inconsistent at times but has been a fairly solid RT. Grade: B
Currently: On Browns, lots of talk though they will consider bringing in a new OT to replace him so :shrug:

#87 John Hughes - Has actually been pretty good on the DL rotation when healthy. Browns just signed him to an extension. Grade: B
Currently: On Browns for years to come

#100 Travis Benjamin - Tiny fast WR/Returner type. Doesn't run routes so well, isn't the most reliable at catching the ball and is absolutely human garbage at returning kicks or punts. Constantly botches returns, either by running out of the back of the end zone and being tackled by the 10 or earlier. or by running laterally with a slight backwards angle on punts. Also muffs returns like a motherfucker. Grade: F
Currently: On Browns but gently caress him

#120 James Michael-Johnson - Linebacker, not terribly good. Started 8 games for the Browns as a rookie then was loving cut before his second year. Chiefs picked him up and he started 9 games in 2014. Grade: F
Currently: See above

#160 Ryan Miller - A monster of an OL guy. Played a little bit in 8 games as a rookie. Cut after two years. Grade: F
Currently: On Cowboys

#204: Emmanuel Acho - LB, injured before rookie year started, put on IR. Traded next spring to Philly. Played in 14 games starting 2 last year for the Eagles. Grade: F
Currently: See above

#205 - Billy Winn - DL, for where he was drafted he has been pretty good. Good depth guy, played in 13 games and started 5 this year. Grade: B
Currently: On Browns

#245 Tevin Wade - CB, played in 13 games as a rookie, cut after one year, has bounced around since Grade: Who gives a poo poo its the end of the 7th round
Currently: Last seen somewhere on the Giants roster

#247 Brad Smelley - FB/TE who was taken because he would be the perfect compliment to Trent Richardson! lovely player, cut after a year, has bounced around since. Grade: Who gives a poo poo its the end of the 7th round
Currently: On the Rams PS apparently

Summary: 11 players taken, 4 still on team after 3 years, none of those being the two first rounders. Of the 4 players, 1 is dogshit and has hung around out of the lack of depth and talent on the Browns, 2 are good depth/rotational guys which is ideal for mid or later round picks, one is an alright starter who is hotly debated on Browns forums.

2013 the Browns had all of 5 picks. The first rounder is hot garbage, the next pick is a third rounder who never did poo poo and was cut after all of one year, a 6th rounder who never made it, a 7th rounder who has contributed as decent depth and another 7th rounder who was cut after a year and started a game or two in TB this year.

2014 of course features the delightful Gilbert and Manziel double first round duo. Certainly wasn't way, way, way better players available to them at both spots no sir.

Browns: Building through the draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

so are the Chargers

not really

• Locked thread