Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
Surrender Captain Kirk! Your episodic over acting is an overt act of espionage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

TEAYCHES posted:

in my head i cant tell the difference between the plots of the star trek reboot ep. 1 and nemesis

all i remember is romulans, big scary ships, earth is in danger, stuff happens and things explode

Nemesis, ST:09 and ST:ID all had pretty much identical plots as they were all Wrath of Khan rip-offs.

That's one reason why I loved ST:VI so much, no doomsday plot, no "destruction of earth is imminent". It was all about the end of "Space Cold War" and how people fear change. It also should have been the last movie the original cast was in. It was so freaking perfect, then Generations came along.

naem
May 29, 2011

Kim cardassian get it??? ©®™

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Has anyone given the order to Fire Everything yet?

If not please do.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Blistex posted:

Nemesis, ST:09 and ST:ID all had pretty much identical plots as they were all Wrath of Khan rip-offs.

That's one reason why I loved ST:VI so much, no doomsday plot, no "destruction of earth is imminent". It was all about the end of "Space Cold War" and how people fear change. It also should have been the last movie the original cast was in. It was so freaking perfect, then Generations came along.

well into darkness has an excuse in that it's a reboot of wrath of khan, you nincompoop

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Live long and prosper.

Bat'leth, Jim.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

im pooping! posted:

well into darkness has an excuse in that it's a reboot of wrath of khan, you nincompoop

Nope, it was a 9/11 reboot.

"My name is Khaaaaan!" (very dramatic tone)
<no reaction at all from Kirk or Spock>

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i'm spying on this thread even as this thread spies on me

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Sooooo I don't want to sound like I'm questioning the High Command here, but are we sure it's a good idea to have an entire planet of enslaved vampires digging out all our dilithium? Just seems like we're putting all our eggs in one basket...

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

im pooping! posted:

Brian Thompson best Romulan
Brian Thompson's actual forehead.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

im pooping! posted:

The thing that I've read that makes the most sense is they lived on the same planet as two distinct species so in that sense they are technically related. 2000 years isn't enough time for their visual divergence so it makes sense that Romulans always had the forehead ridges, or at least had them for longer than the 2000 years since they lost then regained contact.

Problem is they grew the brow ridges between TOS and TNG. They used to look like Vulcans except that their female captains wore Go-Go boots.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

brian johnson romulan and his buddy are from enterprise

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

im pooping! posted:

brian johnson romulan and his buddy are from enterprise

Season 4 of Enterprise was pretty good.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
waht are these things negros???

jamie i told you i dont want you watchin those negro shows on the cable

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

jami stop typin what i say into your phonepad thin jesus crhist pay attentiom when i talk to y

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Season 4 of Enterprise was pretty good.

It was superb.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I THOUGHT THE CHEF HOLOGRAM PROGRAM WAS CLEVER IN THE FINALE

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

opus111 posted:

It was superb.

I wanted to be angry at them starting the season with a time travel plot, but having a fat mobster shoot a nazi alien was too beautiful to hate.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

The fifth season was gonna be a banger. Pure tragedy that they cut it short.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
New Star Treks are way better than the old Star Treks. Tighter stories,tighter bodies, better camerawork; much better acting. I hope Shatner dies before be muscles his way into the next one and pushes out Takei.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Ein cooler Typ posted:

IT'S A FAAAAAAKE!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Hobohemian posted:

New Star Treks are way better than the old Star Treks. Tighter stories,tighter bodies, better camerawork; much better acting. I hope Shatner dies before be muscles his way into the next one and pushes out Takei.

hoyl poo poo hoboheman likes somethin

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Hobohemian posted:

i too like the one where janeway and criminal pilot go as fast as possible then turn into lizards and have lizard sex and lizard babies then never talk about it again

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Frog Act posted:

Hey, we don't let Spoonheads in this thread.

Now pass the Romulan Ale...

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Lucky Guy posted:

i too like the one where janeway and criminal pilot go as fast as possible then turn into lizards and have lizard sex and lizard babies then never talk about it again

Your confusing Star Trek with Avatar I think. Were those blue people lizards?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Blistex posted:

"My name is Khaaaaan!" (very dramatic tone)
<no reaction at all from Kirk or Spock>

TOS Crew: HOLY poo poo IT'S KHAN NOONIEN SINGH THE DUDE FROM THE EUGENICS WARS :supaburn:

STID Crew: ... Yeah that's great whatever. :geno:

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Hobohemian posted:

Nice attempt at a troll, boring troll. Now fly away!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Mirage posted:

TOS Crew: HOLY poo poo IT'S KHAN NOONIEN SINGH THE DUDE FROM THE EUGENICS WARS :supaburn:

STID Crew: ... Yeah that's great whatever. :geno:

heeeey wait a minute youre right

wt gently caress

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Blistex posted:

generations wasn't about any threat to earth was it? just some buttfuck planet no one cared about

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I think he means that it was just boring and dreary. Although I do like what they were trying to do with it, it's just not very enterataining.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

naem posted:

Kim cardassian get it??? ©®™

mango sentinel posted:

Brian Thompson's actual forehead.

Frog Act posted:

FlamingLiberal posted:

Hey, we don't let Spoonheads in this thread.
Now pass the Romulan Ale...

Parallax Scroll posted:

generations wasn't about any threat to earth was it? just some buttfuck planet no one cared about
:vince::vince::pusheen: :vince::vince:

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

TEAYCHES posted:

in my head i cant tell the difference between the plots of the star trek reboot ep. 1 and nemesis

all i remember is romulans, big scary ships, earth is in danger, stuff happens and things explode

That's because they were the same movie.

I need bigger shoulder pads.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
**is without honor**

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm the fashion designer who replaced the awesome pseudo-roman purples and golds with grey and silver bathroom tile patterns and shoulder pads as standard issue costumes for the Romulans. TNG through Enterprise actually had some really impressive costuming, but holy gently caress were the Romulans the worst dressed and they were going up against poo poo like naked Ferengi and fish-people.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
spoonheads and kliggers had p sick wardrobes

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Lucky Guy posted:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Threshold_%28episode%29

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Blistex posted:

<has an empire that spans a vast area of space with a huge fleet and hundreds of colonized worlds>
<has one of the most ruthless spy agencies in the galaxy, who keeps tabs on all of its citizens>
<doesn't notice that a Picard clone is building a loving warship on one of the moons of my home planet>
<gets bitchmade by Picard clone and his one ship full of space albinos>

While we're not going to pretend Nemesis actually happened, if it HAD happened, you could write off the Tal'Shiar as being crippled post-DS9. Early in DS9, they conducted a joint operation with the Cardassian Obsidian Order to attempt to destroy the Changelings en masse. It hosed up the latter to the point that civilians overthrew the military dictatorship that ruled Cardassia.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
Romulan mom and dad are going to the Romulan opera.
"who's gonna babysit? "

:aatrek:

"let's stay home"

"okay"

haris pilton fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 18, 2015

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Vikra oiius?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I'm gonna lose like a trillion people in the first punic war and keep raising legions and beat the carthaginians with the zapp brannigan killbot strategy

• Locked thread