Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Wow, wasn't expecting to win this. I don't even really read the US Politics megathreads. Thanks, PSL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
http://bradybutterfield.com/2015_D&Dsg/

-Size of circle = how well you did
-Posters sharing responses are linked, shorter links = more shared responses*
-Color corresponds to a unidimensional scaling of the response concordance matrix (basically, slightly different way of looking at the same question, though with just one dimension you dump most of the info.). It's a borderline arbitrary way to put some color in there but generally similar colors = similar responses. I chose the most beautiful colors in creation to create the most pleasing graph, you're welcome.

Taking a look at this I think the data is actually more "clumpy" from the perspective of the questions themselves (i.e. each circle would be a question). I'll do that for next sheep game.

*These were pruned so each poster lost most of their longer links (unless it linked to a poster for whom it was one of their shorter links). If you had a ton of links but they were all the same super-long length (corn in the bible), you lost all your links.

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 26, 2015

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Thanks for this pangstrom! It's fun to drag one of the bigger circles into the corner, let it go, and then watch it slingshot back into the cloud.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Nice work, pangstrom

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Well I just saw the live suicide clip of Budd Dwyer from 1987. :gonk:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Thanks for doing this, psl. My favorite answers were Zizek for the sandal tattoo and Garfield for the tiger. Really whiffed on a few myself, though I thought Tunney for the google tat was going to be a big scorer.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

my trick was not thinking at all about my answers and writing the first thing that came to mind

it went ok, except for loving rand paul

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

V. Illych L. posted:

my trick was not thinking at all about my answers and writing the first thing that came to mind

This is how I vote in actual elections.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

pangstrom posted:

http://bradybutterfield.com/2015_D&Dsg/

-Size of circle = how well you did
-Posters sharing responses are linked, shorter links = more shared responses*
-Color corresponds to a unidimensional scaling of the response concordance matrix (basically, slightly different way of looking at the same question, though with just one dimension you dump most of the info.). It's a borderline arbitrary way to put some color in there but generally similar colors = similar responses. I chose the most beautiful colors in creation to create the most pleasing graph, you're welcome.

Taking a look at this I think the data is actually more "clumpy" from the perspective of the questions themselves (i.e. each circle would be a question). I'll do that for next sheep game.

*These were pruned so each poster lost most of their longer links (unless it linked to a poster for whom it was one of their shorter links). If you had a ton of links but they were all the same super-long length (corn in the bible), you lost all your links.
Can you do something like this for the SAS sheep game that ran last week? This is the bees knees.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

CannonFodder posted:

Can you do something like this for the SAS sheep game that ran last week? This is the bees knees.
Sure, as long as results are presented the same way it shouldn't take long. Will do it tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

the mods are monsters. resticky this posthaste.

• Locked thread