Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Currently Smoking: H.P. Lovecraft's pubic hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Schroedinger's door

A Plot Event so Sensational You won't believe You're Eyes!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Lol if you seriouspost in tg for any reason other than cuz someone in a game you're in saying they can't post cuz they're sick or something and you say 'hey feel better soon".

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

UnCO3 posted:

Thanks for posting this, these are good points. I didn't make my point clear, but it comes down to whether failure is the absence of success or something else - a different path for the story to take (e.g. DitV), or an equal and opposite outcome (e.g. Fiasco). Like you say (and I said) it's a spectrum and an older game like, say, Promethean won't necessarily be right over to the 'conventional' side. You're right that the idea doesn't actually work the way I thought it would.
Hey lay off wobbling, it wasn't even in the half of the post you're pissed about. Anyway I can understand why you're annoyed, but this seems like it's been the first vaguely theoretical discussion (and a rare non-mega/non-product-specific/non-monthly chat thread) in TG for a long time. It was probably going to be about this no matter why it started.

On that note, it would be really interesting to see more theoretical threads, but on more worthwhile and well-defined topics in areas like mythology, psychology, the history of storytelling, probability or anything else where people can take a look at storytelling in general and how rpgs work in specific, by people who are well-read or actively working in the area (grad students count :v: ). Things like Liesmith posting about Arthurian myth or Mors Rattus posting about (if I'm right) Middle Eastern myth and culture.

• Locked thread