Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

so I have a handful of Nintendo stock and its up like 27% right now

apparently they finally said they're making phone games?

do any of you nerds know anything about this? are they gonna be lovely like 99% of phone games or are they going to be good like that one phone game that's actually good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Sell that poo poo

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
Sell now while you're up and invest in the growing hijab market.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm gonna make a phone app that lets you invest in phone app companies and then let people invest in the phone apps company it'll be like a super index

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

putting american money into foreign companies? gently caress you op

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Ryoshi posted:

so I have a handful of Nintendo stock and its up like 27% right now

apparently they finally said they're making phone games?

do any of you nerds know anything about this? are they gonna be lovely like 99% of phone games or are they going to be good like that one phone game that's actually good?

The phone apps will suck because they are not porting any of the old games everyone wants to phones. Also they announced they are working on a new console system, which will also suck since it will be cartoon graphics like all the poo poo consoles they have released forever.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Trastion posted:

The phone apps will suck because they are not porting any of the old games everyone wants to phones. Also they announced they are working on a new console system, which will also suck since it will be cartoon graphics like all the poo poo consoles they have released forever.

Cooking Mama 3: What's cookin'?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dog buttz posted:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Nintendo making lovely pay-to-win phone games? Yeah, that seems about right for them at this point.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

dog buttz posted:

ur right

shoulda invested in the OUYA

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

TheJoker138 posted:

Nintendo making lovely pay-to-win phone games? Yeah, that seems about right for them at this point.

but these ones haev mario!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Lucky Guy posted:

Forget Mario, if Nintendo made some kind of AR camera based Pokemon Snap spinoff they would make shitloads of money (and by extension so would I).

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Lucky Guy posted:

He's outta jump energy. $1.00 please and thank you

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my father was a gamblin' man, down in nawlins

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Nanomashoes posted:

Sell that poo poo

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
my uncle at nintendo said to hold on to that poo poo big things bout to start poppin off at the `tendo

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

stick with index funds and stop tryin to hop on hot new companies that will fail in a week like tihs "nentendo"

you newb idiot

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Game and watch poo poo would rule.

Um Mario bros all stars

Like any Zelda that wouldn't be worth porting to the 3DS

And the wii u is HD and gorgeous. Shame about the name / marketing though.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Sell your stock and invest everything in RadioShack because if, and that's a big if, they bounce back to their stock prices before their decline, you'll be rich.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lol a goon bought stock in Nintendo. Bet you diversified and bought into McDonalds and RealDolls Corp too.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A misanthrope posted:

stick with index funds and stop tryin to hop on hot new companies that will fail in a week like tihs "nentendo"

you newb idiot
its real mindblowing that theyve been around since 1889. i wonder iwater look like back then ...

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
Actually nintendo has been bouncing around $13-$14 a share. OP doesn't know whats up.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

jhorphear posted:

Actually nintendo has been bouncing around $13-$14 a share. OP doesn't know whats up.

they have for like months, now they're up to almost $18 overnight, hth

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Whoa snap, up 24%? Dang, I guess Puzzle & Dragons: Mario Edition is doing good things for Nintendo after all

Maybe I should get some more Nintendo stock before it goes to the moon

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Lol a goon bought stock in Nintendo. Bet you diversified and bought into McDonalds and RealDolls Corp too.

nah man I just buy poo poo that I feel will get big, grabbed Nintendo since it was on a downswing from abysmal wii u sales and I figured their dumb sky landers poo poo would sell a ton and bring them back up

the stock market is cool if you pay a little attention, I made like 200% last year off of a cop body cam company a couple days after ferguson lol

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
lol if you active invest. just lol.

i guess the only exception to that is insider trading

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I'm angry just looking at it. We had a thread like a week ago mention breakout (the ai thread) and so I went to the app store and literally every review for every app was like "well it's fun but past a certain level it's pretty much impossible to complete in the time limit without spending money on powerups".

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

soda crush mario kart edition

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nintendo does a lot of dumb gimmick poo poo with their hardware but one thing they're super conservative on is maintaining their standards of software quality as the "Disney" of Video Games, especially after whoring their properties out in the late 80s/90s and seeing how quickly they could tank their brands with mismanagement-- thanks to this attitude they've managed to recycle about 25% of their IP library continuously for 30 years with only marginal changes and retained decent profitability while leaving their increasingly aging fanbase rabid for the mere acknowledgement of the other 75%. If they want to go into mobile they're going to at least make sure whatever money-grubbing poo poo at least keeps their brand from looking like poo poo.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Mange Mite posted:

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe

Mange Mite posted:

I'm about to active invest in the poo poo out of some trading card game cards. There's a card that's flying under the radar but is gonna be an archetype in the next standard rotation unless something comes out before then that only exists to poop on it. I built a deck around it and still win regularly even though the single card that kills its strategy is a 4-of in every deck. As soon as I see the rest of the cards that are gonna be in the next standard rotation, I'll buy up every single one from the major online vendors, start winning with the deck, and sell the cards for a massive profit when I control the supply. This is a game with uncommons that can run for $5; a <$1 garbage rare that gets a massive upgrade to being the key to a tier 1 deck while also being almost impossible to find online will run for a lot more.

so yeah active investing

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

it is posted:

I'm about to active invest in the poo poo out of some trading card game cards. There's a card that's flying under the radar but is gonna be an archetype in the next standard rotation unless something comes out before then that only exists to poop on it. I built a deck around it and still win regularly even though the single card that kills its strategy is a 4-of in every deck. As soon as I see the rest of the cards that are gonna be in the next standard rotation, I'll buy up every single one from the major online vendors, start winning with the deck, and sell the cards for a massive profit when I control the supply. This is a game with uncommons that can run for $5; a <$1 garbage rare that gets a massive upgrade to being the key to a tier 1 deck while also being almost impossible to find online will run for a lot more.

so yeah active investing

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
it's dumb, the only service im willing to pay to continue to play is gay for pay

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Libelous Slander posted:

it's dumb, the only service im willing to pay to continue to play is gay for pay

3.99 micro transaction to make the Mario bros touch butts

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjD6wo9BIyM

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Trastion posted:

it's veyr important to me that my mario games look photorealistic. i want to really BELIEVE i am actually in the mushroom kingdom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Did they just figure out that emulators work on phones and they could have been making millions from Super Mario at a dollar a pop?

• Locked thread