Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

If nintendo does what square does now they will make a killing porting old JRPGs to iOS. The World Ends With You is like $20 and it was in the top grossing apps section for a few months which means they were making a few million a week.

One of the things they said in the announcement was that they weren't going to be doing ports of established stuff to mobile platforms because control schemes for full-sized console games on a touchscreen will always be total dogshit and inappropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

this is really embarrassing for everyone please don't do this.

um no actually it was pretty slick, no wires

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

Gumdrop Larry posted:

One of the things they said in the announcement was that they weren't going to be doing ports of established stuff to mobile platforms because control schemes for full-sized console games on a touchscreen will always be total dogshit and inappropriate.

That's dumb but i guess they don't have nearly as many turn based games as square does and those work well because you can stop playing at basically any point and you can change the menus from button presses to touch targets. A pikmin game would be pretty cool

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Ryoshi posted:

lol I knew enough about it to make 35% of profit, so I think I'm okay

Thank you for your kind concerns though :^)

yeah that was totally due to knowledge and not dumb luck

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

jealousy ITT
:smuggo:

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
nvmi didnt notice the thread was multiple pages and quoted an old post

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

im happy for you op because you invested in nintendo and not in a nogaems box nor the literal fail aids box

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Hobohemian posted:

I thought Japan plays consoles almost exclusively and they hate PC games. Tomb Raider was the last game from a Japanese company, and I remember hearing they got all bitchy about it becasue it was way more successful than that final fantasy crap.

Bethesda RPGs are pretty popular over there; they love designing mods based around the Adoring Fan.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hobohemian posted:

I thought Japan plays consoles almost exclusively and they hate PC games. Tomb Raider was the last game from a Japanese company, and I remember hearing they got all bitchy about it becasue it was way more successful than that final fantasy crap.

Actually Japan hates consoles, and PC, and most gaming types unless it's mobile or handheld.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
youre in luck op because nintendo are porting FF7 and shadow of the colossus so you are gonna be rich provided you do the right thing which is buy more nintendo or less i dont loving know you tell me.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

ethanol posted:

2.5 hour train rides into nyc that I take on the weekends sometimes, it was nice to plop down my phone and use a wiimote to play snes games

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

this is really embarrassing for everyone please don't do this.

nobody cares what you do on the subway as much as spergs like you do

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

you dont hold on to tech companies after a jump like that op jfc dood

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

babypolis posted:

nobody cares what you do on the subway as much as spergs like you do

yes, i'm the sperg for telling someone not to carry a wiimote around on the train because they can't go a few hours without playing video games.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

quakster posted:

its real mindblowing that theyve been around since 1889. i wonder iwater look like back then ...

homunculus theory. he was a potential sperm inside of a sperm

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

Reminder that a Nintendo board member once suggested the idea of people paying a dollar to make Mario jump higher.

its good that you reminded me of this extremely cool thing, which I definitely also knew already, but was in danger of forgetting.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

yes, i'm the sperg for telling someone not to carry a wiimote around on the train because they can't go a few hours without playing video games.

lmao I guess if I'm 'cruising for chicks on the subway' i better put that wiimote away! thanks for the alpha advice

Foid One
Mar 2, 2015

by Ralp
OP if you didn't sell that stock you're a dumbass

Foid One
Mar 2, 2015

by Ralp
Hell id pay.... 30 bucks to play the original Pokemon blue in my phone. Why not?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

remember the nintendo board member who was angry Iwata discussed games at investor meetings/calls and wanted to know hard numbers, and iwata told him to dump the stock if he doesn't care about games

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Are you guys reading Nintendo quarterly reports recreationally for some reason?

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Nonsense posted:

remember the nintendo board member who was angry Iwata discussed games at investor meetings/calls and wanted to know hard numbers, and iwata told him to dump the stock if he doesn't care about games

Nintendo's president is a total goon, lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Goldmine this thread for the goon who carries a Wiimote on the train and plays video games on it for 2.5 hours

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Don Tacorleone posted:

Goldmine this thread for the goon who carries a Wiimote on the train and plays video games on it for 2.5 hours

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Lol u weirdo. This tuesday night post on my favorite internet message board is going to make you realize how weird you are. Really makes you think.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Don Tacorleone posted:

pff not since they broke it with updates

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
I use portable consoles on plane flights, but sometimes i just buy a book

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I use portable consoles on plane flights, but sometimes i just buy a book

I use portable consoles on plane flights

I use portable consoles

portable consoles

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Strange Matter posted:

That would only happen if Sony and Microsoft pulled out of the console business. Otherwise making a conventional console is not an option, especially given that the conventional console market in Japan has evaporated, which is their primary concern.

Then they should stop trying to sell to a dead market and focus on the western consumers.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

If you don't have a nintendo console to play 4 player games on drunk then I don't know what the gently caress is wrong with you.

all hail the big N

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

LethalGeek posted:

If you don't have a nintendo console to play 4 player games on drunk then I don't know what the gently caress is wrong with you.

all hail the big N
hahaha yeah let me just call up some "friends" because there are human beings who would willingly enter my home hahahahahaha

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I'm playing Super Mario World on my phone right now with touchscreen controls and the emulator was completely free. It even has superscope with touch controls. Nintendo just seems way too late to the party to make money in the android market.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i liked zelda, as a child

but i have thrown aside childish things

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
coming across a person who's playing video games in public is insanely triggering

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Didn't some goon have a Zelda wedding?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lol you really don't live near any major subway lines do you? People do weirder poo poo every single day on every single line. This sketch is like a 10% exaggeration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNkxEAvAfgE

Unless you get on with someone you know, on the broadest possible level no one wants to talk to/acknowledge loving anyone else on the subway and anyone who does is considered a nuisance. As long as he's got headphones and/or is on mute I guaran-loving-tee no one cares except maybe nosy busybodies. Now should he just read a book or use a 3DS instead of dragging a loving Wiimote with him? Oh hell yeah, but on the subway that barely even cracks top 20 in terms of "omg look at that weirdo."

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Lol you really don't live near any major subway lines do you? People do weirder poo poo every single day on every single line. This sketch is like a 10% exaggeration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNkxEAvAfgE

Unless you get on with someone you know, on the broadest possible level no one wants to talk to/acknowledge loving anyone else on the subway and anyone who does is considered a nuisance. As long as he's got headphones and/or is on mute I guaran-loving-tee no one cares except maybe nosy busybodies. Now should he just read a book or use a 3DS instead of dragging a loving Wiimote with him? Oh hell yeah, but on the subway that barely even cracks top 20 in terms of "omg look at that weirdo."

it's not a subway, it's a train

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Trains are just cars that are too stupid to drive on roads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ethanol posted:

it's not a subway, it's a train

As someone who has ridden his fair share of both it's the same motherfucking difference.

• Locked thread