Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this the beginning of the end of football as we know it?
This poll is closed.
Within the next decade 38 22.35%
Within the next five years 12 7.06%
No, and you're an idiot for thinking so 71 41.76%
Borland himself will return to the sport within two years 49 28.82%
Total: 128 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

When I saw this I knew he didn't have a bright future in the league. Abysmal tackling form. The league should really encourage proper tackling whether its through penalties or something who knows. The "hawk tackle" rugby style technique Seattle has been teaching has worked wonders for our players.

Borland was also pretty undersized and would have probably had to eventually use steroids to put on 15-20 lbs of muscle. Then again Mark Simoneau somehow eked out a 10 year career so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Intruder posted:

Your only warning

Is this directed at me? If so I don't think that is "trolling 49ers fans" at all.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Ok well what exactly are you taking issue with? I remember posting about that tackle at the time it happened and saying the same thing, and I think players should be encouraged to tackle properly with a rugby style technique. I thought he was a good player and generally root for undersized linebackers like him to succeed.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Intruder posted:

What you posted has no relevance to the topic of this thread, that Borland is retiring because of the danger of head trauma issues. Instead, you posted a gif showing Lynch bulldozing through him and wrote a mini diatribe about how he wasn't cut out for this league anyway, clearly designed to provoke a 49ers fan reaction. When called on it, you gave the classic "Who, me?" response trolls love to give. You know what you're doing, you don't really need me to explain this to you, and you should probably not post in this thread anymore

I think you misread what I was trying to say, I meant he had a short time in the league if his tackling form continued like that, I never said he was a bad player and in fact thought he was pretty good. Lots of players recklessly tackle like this and it is a shame to see.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Yeah if you grow up playing with a helmet from day one you probably wont learn to keep your head out of a tackle and how to properly get low and wrap up, kids maybe dont play tackle football anymore on the playground just in their street clothes

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If you're being sincere the steroids thing was pretty hard not to see as trolling though.

It came off a lot like "he is tiny and can only be a real NFL man if he cheats"

It is just speculation on my part but I think it is a real dilemma players like him face. Brock Coyle is another undersized linebacker with potential who I would hate to see show up at training camp 15 lbs heavier having "dedicated himself to training over the offseason".

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Fullback would be the worst position probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Is that a lump or loving caveman brow

I think its like calcium deposits