Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Thanks, Josh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Div: OS was fun as hell, though.

Anyway, what last-minute balance changes are you guys hoping for? I'm hoping the other ranged weapons are brought up to snuff with the guns in a way that doesn't make guns useless and that the druid gets nerfed down a bit because they seem to be too good at anything they want to do. Hell, they even heal better than the Priest once they get 4th level spells.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Fungah! posted:

not even something vaguely interesting like HERE COME DA BONES?

BONE SONG IS READYYYY!

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

He's pretty good at roleplaying as a berserker.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So are they doing a midnight release or something else?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm really hoping the Druid gets nerfed by release if it's possible. They're pretty ridiculous in comparison to the other casters, as they can do more AoE damage than the Cipher or Wizard, and their healing spells actually outperform anything the Priest can put down.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Awesome. Hopefully Tim Cain doesn't take it too hard.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Sensuki posted:

He also made a good ranged weapons graph too. Absolutely no reason to use a War Bow at the moment. I've also noticed that Fireball and Noxious Burst aren't as good damage wise as Rolling Flame and Fan of Flames too. Haven't been using them for many patches.

Btw regardlike the Godlike no helmet issue - since helmets give attribute bonuses - could their inherent bonuses to Intellect and Dexterity(?) increase every 5 levels to make up for it? (eg. level 10 you'd have +3 to both, instead of +1).

I'm not sure on the extra stat bonus per 5 level. How much extra stat points would you get out of having a helmet? So far the highest bonus I've seen is a +2 to one attribute.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm trying to think of what would make Lay on Hands have a little more oomph to it. I was thinking giving it an additional effect would be nice, but I'm not sure what that additional effect could be.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Perhaps Phantom Foes should also slow the enemies it affects?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Did someone try combining the talent that makes gun reloading faster with the ranger's ability that also makes reload speed faster? I figure you could at least make a decent rifleman-style ranger with it.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Why would someone ever hire Patrick Rothfuss?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So how do you guys build your Rogues? I usually max out Might and Dexterity, but I'm wondering if Intellect would also do well.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
No estoc? I guess I can't be Dark Souls until a few levels later.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I agree, you should be able to see aura range if you mouse over the icon for it. I think Dota 2 does that for most auras (or at least Heartstopper Aura) and it's pretty helpful. Hopefully it gets added post-release.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So any videos from anyone who stays shut up and actually shows off some dialog instead of being afraid to show spoilers?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm very confused on why the companion's stats are so weird. It looks like they're using builds that are several patches outdated and no one bothered to adjust them since.

Like, why the hell does the wizard have high Perception and Resolve, but no Might? Is he a tank now? Same thing with the Priest, who has his Resolve boosted to as high as it goes, but he has only a few points in Intellect or Might. I can excuse the Fighter having high Might and Constitution because he might have a more DPS-oriented build, but man oh man am I confused as to the rest of the builds.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 23, 2015

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

frajaq posted:

The genuine Baldurs Gate experience!

I hope they change poo poo around and take a second look at what they have built. I understand that they won't minmax characters and do poo poo like make a 3 Dexterity Wizard with maximum Might and Intellect, but at the same time I expect the Wizard to be competent at casting spells instead of being built for interrupts or something else.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Sensuki posted:

Aloth's stats were definitely assigned when Perception gave an Accuracy bonus, lol.

Regardless, it shouldn't be a big deal.

I know. Early game's gonna be a bit of a slog but once I get some magic items, I can cover up the weaknesses a bit.

At least the Priest will probably never get hit with something that affects Mental defense.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Keldorn is nothing without Carsomyr. Edwin all the way.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Sensuki posted:

Nah, don't think so.

I'll take your word for it.

By the way, do story companions get unique abilities or are they the same as the other members of their class, just more talkative?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Oh, now I remember why I don't read RPS. What an annoying idiot.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
If I lived in a perfect world where I had infinite money, I'd pick up Bloodborne in a heartbeat. No console is worth it for just one game, though, so I think I'll postpone getting it for now.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Fintilgin posted:

I believe Obsidian has explicitly said they intend to do an old school style expansion like the old Infinity engine games had.

And the Codex interview they did with Obsidian implies they're thinking of making another expansion.

Anyway, stream spoilers, I was a little disappointed that Woedica couldn't be picked as a god because she sounded really cool, but it seems like the guys who might be the main bad guys of the game are worshipers/cultists of hers, so I guess that's why.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I've been thinking about the whole issue with the armor reduction speed, in that it's more optimal to put all your non-tanks in ye olden t-shirts and jeans because even robes are an effective 2.5 Dexterity debuff, and I saw this idea posted on another forum I frequent that Constitution could possibly be used to reduce armor recovery penalties in addition to the bonus health and fortitude and I thought it was a decent idea. Obviously, the armor penalty reduction shouldn't be too great or else you'd get the opposite problem and have people drop their tanking skills to the absolute lowest and just pick up Might, Dexterity, and Constitution, but I thought it would be a good way to encourage classes that already have loads of health, such as the Fighter and the Paladin, to pick up Constitution because as of know it's more useful to just pick up more Perception or Resolve and get Deflection on them because they've already got enough health/endurance.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm looking forward to the day where I can uninstall the backer beta and play the real deal. Two more days :toot:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pwnstar posted:

Someone posted this unironically on the official forums, I'm dying.

Mods, change rope kid's avatar to this.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Remember when they hated Morrowind on release because they thought it was a dumbed down version of Daggerfall, and nowadays it usually makes the top 10 list on their annual Best RPGs voting?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Still waiting on that key. I wanna get my preload on.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I played Fallout 1 and 2 a few months before 3 released, and I loved them, but I do know that some of the stuff in the game is weird as hell. Doctor and First Aid are separate skills, there's an entire skill for Gambling that you'll get to use only a few times in the game, Sneak and Steal are split up for some reason, and there's perhaps a few too many weapon skills. They're classics and good fun to this day, but they had problems that are a bit hard to surmount.

EDIT: ^I changed my mind. Mods, change rope kid's avatar to that.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I would strongly appreciate it if the keys would be sent out today.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

cheesetriangles posted:

Turns out the obsidian twitter was just trolling everyone and all the maintenance was for was to install a new ssd in their server.

Hey man, SSDs are pretty boss.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Wow, that manual is out of date.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So how about them keys?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Cthulhuite posted:

Why is there a magical penis in his grimoire? :stare:

At least the magical penis seems to be wearing protection. How courteous of it.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

hopterque posted:

He literally just made up an anecdote that fit, it's amazing. I don't even think he's ever really played Fallout.

That or he's too stupid to blow the door up or find some other path.

Either way, typical Polygon.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I figured there would be reviews by now. Is there still an embargo?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I was reading the Codex and Sensuki said he got spoiled by 4chan about the game. I looked up the thread he was probably reading, and I gotta say, Sensuki, you should really not believe everything you see on the internet because those are the fakest spoilers I've seen since the DmC "leak" which said Virgil would turn into a t-rex for the second stage of his fight.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

1stGear posted:

So are Bleak Walkers reasonably chill if they're not being told to kill you or are they just perma-dicks expected to pick all of the "Be a big rear end in a top hat" dialogue options? Being Aggressive or Cruel when the situation warrants is one thing but I don!'to want to be the guy who demands more money from the quest giver or burns down orphanages or whatever.

You can pick all the other options save for Diplomatic or Benevolent without penalty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeXatquVqAc

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 25, 2015

• Locked thread