Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

So, from streams and Giant Bomb quick look it seems like the disposition gains aren't next to dialogue in brackets anymore? I remember them in the beta, is it a toggle option now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Don't know if this has been posted or not.

"Gamingbolt posted:

Paradox Interactive has announced that Obsidian’s Pillars of Eternity and Colossal Order’s Cities: Skylines have collectively generated $18.5 million in revenue within the past three weeks. Earlier, it was Cities: Skylines that held the honour of being Paradox’s fastest selling game but Pillars of Eternity very nearly topped it.

Paradox CEO Fredrik Wester stated that, “It’s great fun. Hadn’t Cities: Skylines already broken all our records, then Pillars of Eternity certainly would have. One can certainly say this has been a crazy March. For us the deal with Obsidian is about a long-term commitment. It’s a prestigious assignment with a studio we’ve long wanted to work with.

“And I think we’ve shown that we’ve coped with the task well. I do profit off of this, but it obviously isn’t anywhere near the earnings we’ve gotten from Cities: Skylines. On the other hand, profit was never the main point: this shows that we have the competence to publish really big game titles in the genres we work with.”

Cities: Skylines currently has several mods available for it, created by users, while Pillars of Eternity will receive an expansion in the coming months along with a sequel in the future.

They're probably speculating when it comes to a sequel, but I'm glad the game is going well even if that is something like a 60/40 split between Cities and Pillars. Are you happy with the actual purchase (non-backer) figures, Ropekid? If you feel comfortable commenting on that sort of thing.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Since the expansion is going to be Tales of the Sword Coast style, it'd be nice if some of that was spent around Caed Nua/enhancing the stronghold experience overall.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

So, I was doing a Developer Commentary play-through a while back and stopped because of the bug that caused commentary to cut short while in fast mode. Has that been fixed?

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

So, according to Neogaf, Polygon goofed and posted some Pillars 2 news early. The link is dead now, so they've corrected their mistake.

Polygon posted:

The team at Obsidian Entertainment is going back to the well, announcing Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire as a high-profile, equity crowdfunding effort through Fig. The campaign goes live today, and is seeking at least $1.1 million, with $2.25 million open for equity.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire promises to pick up where that game left off. A direct sequal, it promises to take the statue of Caed Nua, previously conceived as an elaborate sidequest funded in large part by Kickstarter backers, and turn it into the centerpiece of the entire game.

“Eothas ... the god of light and rebirth was thought dead, but he now inhabits the stone titan that sat buried under your keep, Caed Nua, for millennia,” reads a press release. “Ripping his way out of the ground, he destroys your stronghold and leaves you at the brink of death. To save your soul, you must track down the wayward god and demand answers — answers which could throw mortals and the gods themselves into chaos.”

The campaign promises players the ability to travel by both land and sea, where they’ll encounter new cultures and environments. Non-player characters will keep their own schedule, which will lead to dynamic quests. Some old party members will even return.

Obsidian even alludes to the fact that players may be able to carry over their save files from the original game to “continue the story you began as the Watcher of Caed Nua ... and see how your decisions and actions in the Dyrwood persist in Deadfire.”

Original link before it went dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

I hope this is more of a Divinity and Shadowrun situation, where the game is definitely going to happen and they explain how crowdfunding is going to make it better. I might pass this time around if it's just to get the game off the ground.

• Locked thread