Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
heres the final gem mine nerds

respawn time 24 hrs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I have more gem score than you and I'm in wood, for shame.

edit: placed first in my wood league at 34k gempoints, got promoted and I'm at rank 1 of the new league :getin:

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 22, 2015

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

nightwisher posted:

I have more gem score than you and I'm in wood, for shame.

edit: placed first in my wood league at 34k gempoints, got promoted and I'm at rank 1 of the new league :getin:

I don't understand the league thing at all. I finally got out of wood and was automatically 4th in stone. When I started playing getting out of wood required ~1000 gems, or some other really low number, and two or three cycles later it was over 10k and pushing 15. I just don't get the reasoning behind what they did, instead of doing a CoC "X gems = Y league" thing.

I have to assume the corner jump thing is a glitch. My dungeon is almost identical to yours (a blade instead of the tracking gun) and it's stopping almost everyone at 1 star. And I've been hitting a lot more dungeons with very similar extreme gimmick layouts. I can't believe that the goal of the developers was to make a game where you had to know the perfect solution to a level before starting while simultaneously having perfect twitch skills to hit a jump that takes 10+ minutes to do twice in a row. Now I just slowly crawly through the single player.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Yuuuuuuuuuup. As soon as you get a bit higher it seems like more and more bases abuse insane timing requirements and trick jumps that you have to practice for a half-hour to save. Good luck beating any of those with your 3-5 tries!

Too bad. Game owned for the first 10 ranks, and I love the idea still

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
It basically feels like up to level 10 is an interesting game and the rest of the game is just that repeated over and over. There's really nothing compelling you to go forward because all you get is more gems and loot stolen and harder dungeons. I understand it's only been out of beta for less than a year but the game just lacks poo poo to do and fills it with IAP bullshit. I play it and have fun but I have no desire to push up the leagues if there's no variety on offer.

And even if they can flesh out the game, what can they really do? They've boxed themselves in significantly gameplay-wise with the simplistic interaction available and tiny cramped 1-screen dungeons. Not being able to change the layout or environment in any way hampers things too.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Mar 23, 2015

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Apparently a good base layout is really all you need to win. I set up my level and it took me 30+ minutes to get it 2 times in a row, which resulted in never getting a defense over 2 stars, with the majority as 1* or people giving up. I was able to fuse super ridiculous gems in my totem without the threat of losing one, which rocketed me up the ladder. At the end of my wood league I had like 15k triangles, the 2nd place person only had 9k. When stone league started I was already in 5th place.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
this game sucks donkey dick

if you haven't uninstalled already, try upgrading skull gold, make a spawnkill base and try to profit from that

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
If I upgrade my traps with gold, do they stay upgraded when I move to a new dungeon? Just wondering if it is worth putting money into them.

\/\/\/ thanks!

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 23, 2015

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Yes

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Thieves is dead, long live Thieves.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Eh, it's not accurate to say you *need* to know exploits, since many layouts are just based around knowing the timing of jumps for normal obstacles; for instance, if you place a saw one tile above a hallway, a player can only walljump out from under it without hitting it, so when you see it you know that's part of the successful path.

But yeah, there are still some crazy bases cause of that superjump. I only got 3 rituals before I had to switch to a new base where I can't build that, but I found a layout that's just super hard anyway.

There's definitely some satisfaction to getting thousands of gold in skulls with the cheapest trap sets every temple, especially stealing multi-thousand rank gems from paid temples.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
a basemaker has an unlimited amount of tries to memorize and barely succeed his base twice in a row, the raider has 3 chances to figure out the critical path or else he lost more money trying to find the base than it gives him

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Looks like no one is playing this game anymore.

My current strategy is that I built an unbeatable base, and even though my totem is exhausted I won't move because I get so much skull gold. I'm just upgrading all my stuff slowly by farming skulls and not paying any attention to gems. If I'm bored I'll revenge one of the dozens of people I can attack.

Also, you can only get 4 attacks on you without you logging in before your base stops being a target.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Yeah thats basically all I'm doing with the game at this point, my skull bonus is at 360 and my base is basically unraidable so yeah, I just log in once or twice a day to get more raids. Just got 110k from 24 hours of doing nothing. Oh also been shooting up the ladder, 110k gemscore has carried me through 5 leagues now.

This game is dumb.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Yeah. A good idea that falls apart right away.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Even after the patch, this is terrible, and I'm borderline uninstalling it, as well as deeply regretting making an OP so soon.

Vega Conflict is a much more fun game but so much effort. One neat thing: Anything that has 5 minutes or less to finish can be rushed for free, though I'm sure that means sweet gently caress all at higher levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
i made a guild called thisgamesucks like a fortnight ago just to use some gold

welp now i logged in to a full guild and apparently we've won like a shitload of guild fights and i have all these blue orbs im never going to loving use because this game is poo poo

• Locked thread