Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

OctoberBlues posted:

Is this thread really good enough that we should care if it's derailed by a tipping argument? I say no, but props to the OP as that was a good tip. (get it?)
i totally get it!

fine. not tipping a delivery driver, bartender, or waitress is loving retarded. if you hate the institution, vote for politicians to have the service industry minimum wage raised to the actual minimum wage. until then, not tipping someone making legitimately $2.50/hr is stupid. If you don't like to tip, go pick it up yourself, you lazy gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Lets screw over the franchisee so he closes the business and fires everyone lol. No tips or wage minimums required.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

OctoberBlues posted:

Apparently my Dominos doesn't even make x-large pizzas, but it let me do this on a large pizza for 9 bucks. I could never go through with it though, just imagine how much the employees would judge me. :ohdear:

YOu have to get Brooklyn style to get the extra large.

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
Last day of the sale, but total score -

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Krinkle posted:

in the early 90s, in grade school, every Friday was pizza day. It was some elios square pizza bullshit with tater tots on the side, just the absolute bare minimum to call itself a meal. But one friday out of every month was dominos pizza day and kids would lose their goddamn mind. The whole school would smell like it. If you had a bag lunch on that day you'd throw it out and beg for dollars from anyone. You would promise anything. Nobody missed dominos pizza friday.

I saw kids cry, literally cry because they got the slice with a huge rear end bubble that pushed the toppings and cheese away. I hadn't seen that kind of trauma over food until last year working at a soup kitchen and I had to, was ordered to scoop up the bullshit turkey pot pie slop leftover after the crust was gone and hand it to every 25th homeless and say sorry, i'm sorry there's no more crust you have to eat it like this. No I can't give you the first serving from the next tray, they will yell at me. They all looked at me like I waited for that specific guy to come around to give him the bullshit meal to gently caress with him. I thought of the dominos pizza bubble then.

There's no bubble in the pizza anymore. They get their dough all freeze dried, stacked and plastic wrapped, shipped from a bullshit factory somewhere. They slap bullshit sauce down and heat it exactly enough to melt the cheese and no further, desultorily ship it to you still wet in the dough. You eat this hateful garbage that calls itself a pizza because some horrible friend or relation hates the actual goddamn italian restaurant two minutes further down the road that sells pizzas that actually taste good and you had to compromise, again.

What the gently caress happened between '92 and today? What happened to the pizza bubble? This dough abortion made by chemistry and immoral sciences has made the pizza bubble impossible. I avoided the bubble like we were told to avoid the noid but today I would give anything to see that signifier that some effort, some actual god drat human effort went into making this food and sorry but sometimes it fucks up and this slice doesn't get any mushrooms.

when I used to work at dominos in 2002-2004, they still used real dough for the handtossed. it would get the bubbles. we had a long metal stick we would use to puncture the bubbles.

all the veggies came already chopped in little plastic bags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
is the tip not going to dominos? I didn't read the thread

• Locked thread