Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Deep Wounds for Netanyahu in Israel’s Bitter Race

quote:

JERUSALEM — Benjamin Netanyahu was poised to return to power. But there was a cloud over his apparent turnaround, the result of an increasingly shrill campaign that raised questions about his ability to heal Israel’s internal wounds or better its standing in the world.

He said there would be no Palestinian state under his watch.

He railed against Israeli Arabs — because they had gone out to vote.

From the capitals of Europe, to Washington, to the West Bank, to the streets of Israel, even while his critics said Mr. Netanyahu had reaffirmed his reputation as a cynical, calculating politician, it appeared that his approach succeeded in drawing votes from other right-leaning parties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

time to ally with Iran, imo

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i love israel and im not even a jew how about that

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Good

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

it's time

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Nothing is set in stone as yet, it will take weeks for the parliamentary composition to be decided, and the election cost Bibi a hell of a lot.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

TEAYCHES posted:

time to ally with Iran, imo

Yeah that is a good idea. Dump Israel and the Saudis.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Xenophobic right wingers continue to be shitheels wrecking the Earth, film at 11

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Proposition Joe posted:

Yeah that is a good idea. Dump Israel and the Saudis.

this but unironically

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
you know what guys... lets see where israel is going with all this

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

giving into isreal's west bank lebensraum is exactly like chamberlain acquiescing to hitler. it's time the allies stood up to israel's aggression

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
jews did 9/11

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

TEAYCHES posted:

it's time

:agreed:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

please dont hurt the cause with your endorsement, redshirt

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Imagine if the United States never decided to do Operation Ajax. Eisenhower gets off way to easy when he has that and interstates taking out entire neighborhoods and cities on his record.

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
palestinians: we have a right to exist!

jews: woah, come on, lets not drag petty politics in to this debate...

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
can this also be the speedgem memorial thread

RavenKrows
May 29, 2008

the proud bibi

im sure bibi really cares what a bunch of people who don't get rocketed have to say about palestine

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
good

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
does anyone have a summary of what this means for the conflict? I get my news exclusively from GBS

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

RavenKrows posted:

im sure bibi really cares what a bunch of people who don't get rocketed have to say about palestine

Yes he does, that is why he is playing up to Israel's right wing.

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
not that i really care about arabs, mind

im just miffed about what the jews did to my boy AH ADOLF HITLER

:gb2hd2k:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

ceaselessfuture posted:

does anyone have a summary of what this means for the conflict? I get my news exclusively from GBS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpqiHchsbE0

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

please dont hurt the cause with your endorsement, redshirt

Iran, #1!

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
how much more harm can they possibly do? either side

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ceaselessfuture posted:

bibi retroactively proved all previous negotiations with the palestinians were in bad faith with his declaration that he is no longer committed to the establishment of a palestinian state (which means what, then, alternatively?)

also a bunch of extremely racist poo poo, blaming his possible electoral loss on too many blacks arabs showing up to vote

whats the future of israel under a government which explicitly rejects the possibility of a peaceful solution to the conflict, just so bibi could rope the radical right into his coalition?

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

ceaselessfuture posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42JQYPioVo4

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

TEAYCHES posted:

bibi retroactively proved all previous negotiations with the palestinians were in bad faith with his declaration that he is no longer committed to the establishment of a palestinian state (which means what, then, alternatively?)

also a bunch of extremely racist poo poo, blaming his possible electoral loss on too many blacks arabs showing up to vote

whats the future of israel under a government which explicitly rejects the possibility of a peaceful solution to the conflict, just so bibi could rope the radical right into his coalition?

Oh. Holy poo poo.

I actually just started dating an Israeli girl, what the gently caress do I do now.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
if you thought the defeat of the nazi regime would result in a world where there isn't a ethnonationalist state fulla people unapologetic about past and ongoing genocides you don't know earf

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Seriously, it's a state of what? 6 million people?

Who gives a poo poo.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I think palistein should be wiped from the face of the earth and the land terraformed into isreali farmland but even I gotta admit that bibi is one of the most evil looking mother fuckers on this planet

RavenKrows
May 29, 2008

ceaselessfuture posted:

Oh. Holy poo poo.

I actually just started dating an Israeli girl, what the gently caress do I do now.

she's probably hot as poo poo

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

ceaselessfuture posted:

Oh. Holy poo poo.

gently caress her right in the pussy

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
lets all take this opportunity to remember all modern conflict is a result of arbitrary land partitioning at the end of ww1

thanks obama!

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

RavenKrows posted:

she's probably hot as poo poo

yeah

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

hosed up if true

RavenKrows
May 29, 2008

dont let her go this is how non-jews get a chance at the big time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm that guy that wants to say to the Palestinians "Well move the gently caress somewhere else then! You got beaten and it's time to give up the loving ghost, and no amount of 'but it's our holy land!' makes me have any loving sympathy."

• Locked thread