Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

Our annual hatch of baby chickens has begun! Every year we webcast the hatch, then place the camera in the brooder box for the next 8 weeks so you can see and hear 24/7 the chicks live, play and grow up.

We have two bantam eggs, #38 (laid by Olive, a bantam Cochin hen) & 40, pipping two days early! They may or may not hatch today, it's up to them. I'd prefer they wait until the official hatch day of Friday in order to be as healthy as possible. The pips are on the top/front of the eggs, and may not be readily visible, especially as the chicks roll the eggs around. Actual hatch date SHOULD be Friday the 20th and Saturday the 21st, starting at 7AM. I tried something different this year and set eggs so that the hatch would be spread out over a day or so. This is so as many people as possible get a chance to watch an egg hatch. Watch the hatch at the links below, one with chat—keep it PG rated, LOTS of kids (including mine) and teachers & very young kids in classrooms watch the hatch! We have zero tolerance for hate, really bad language (the occassional standard cuss word is OK, ie: ‘Holy poo poo that’s a big chick!’ or ‘drat, what’s taking so long?’ but nothing extreme), racism, etc. and will ban anyone not playing nice and being a decent human being. We try to answer questions both in this thread and in chat:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/chickam2008

Or watch here, full screen, no chat—best for kids:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/chickam2008/pop-out

If you want more Chickam or chicken info, I’ve got a site here:
http://jackshenhouse.com/Chickam.htm

What the Hell is Chickam and where are the girls?!
Sometimes a chick is just a chick. As in years past, we are doing a web broadcast, with sound, of baby chickens hatching. After the hatch the cam will be placed in the brooder box where it will run 24/7 for the next 8 weeks so everyone can watch the chicks as they grow. If we have a hen go ‘broody’—that is, go into ‘mama’ mode—we may recruit one as mama to the chicks. Right now one of the hens is broody, unfortunately she is a small bantam and cannot cover all of the chicks we are expecting, so we can't use her. I'm hoping one of the big fatass girls goes broody so she can handle the chicks. At the end of 8 weeks the chicks will be old enough to be turned out into our existing flock where they will live. We have been talking to the eggs so they will know our voices when they hatch (yes this is weird, but it works).

READ THIS, YOU GOON, YOU, SO I DON’T HAVE TO ANSWER THE SAME QUESTIONS 900 TIMES IN THIS THREAD!
If you already know the routine, just skip the wall o' text.

Why am I just seeing eggs, and what’s with the numbers?

***We are doing two hatches this year, as an experiment I've staggered the hatches a week apart, all of the eggs for both hatches are in the incubator not. So we'll have Hatch A (20 eggs), hatching March 20-21 and then next week have Hatch B (15 eggs), hatching March 27-28.***

With this incubator we can do staggered hatches like this. The cam (and this thread) is started as soon as we see the eggs rocking back and forth, hear the chicks inside peeping or see eggs pipping. This means the hatch is imminent and the chicks are about to start coming out. Once they do, it’s kinda like watching popcorn pop—they tend to start slow, then everything happens at once, and after a while it tapers off. The numbers are so y’all can cheer on your favorite egg. The camera we're using is a Logitech c920. It has a MUCH better picture than the old one, plus the old one had been scratched up and ravaged by baby chicks over the years. So less eye strain, yay!

What’s taking so damned long?!
You’d take a while too if you were a newborn fighting your way out of a damned eggshell using only the tip of your face in cramped quarters. But seriously, here’s the process: The chick rotates into hatching position inside the shell, with it’s head at the large end of the egg. Then it ‘pips’, or pecks an airhole in the shell. Then it rests a bit as air now gets into the shell and helps the chick dry out and the blood vessels that have been keeping the chick alive in the shell ‘draw down’. Then the chicks starts to ‘unzip’ (my own term and not scientific at all) the shell, pecking as it turns in the shell and struggling/kicking/stretching as it goes. THIS TAKES HOURS. It’s a major struggle and exhausting for the chick, which will stop and rest from time to time. Usually anywhere from 20 minutes to overnight, but most are about 2 hours or so. When the chick gets the shell unzipped enough—about 2/3 of the way around—and does come out, it comes out all at once very quickly. There is no rushing the hatch, it takes as long as it takes. NO, I cannot help/poke it with a stick/shake it like a drat maraca. Only in extreme cases where we fear the chick will die otherwise do we ever assist a hatch. It has happened in the past, though.

I thought you weren’t supposed to open the incubator, AAGGGHHH!!
Calm down. This is a new incubator that is different than the tabletop styrofoam ones we used to use. This new one is a ReptiPro 6000, originally manufactured for the reptile hatching trade, but then the poultry folks got ahold of it. It’s basically a tabletop cabinet incubator and is also a mini-frig that can keep your beer cold when it isn’t hatching baby chickens. Because of the way it’s built, in order to have proper ventilation and allow O2 IN and CO2 OUT, you have to open the door. In our case, 5 times a day, which is also when I turn the eggs.

Ugh, they look slimey and hideous! Why are they bashing the other chicks & eggs?
Again, you weren’t exactly the Gerber baby and covered in chocolate and unicorn dreams when you first emerged, either. Rest assured they dry out, rest, get fluffy and cute and perk up after a few hours.

After the chicks dry out, get strong enough to stand and run around, we remove them to the brooder box where they will live for the next 8 weeks. After all the eggs have hatched we place the cam in the box so you can watch them. While still in the incubator, the hatched chicks tend to run around and rather brutally play soccer with the still-hatching eggs. This actually helps stimulate the hatching chicks into coming out, most likely to kick the rear end of whoever was kicking their damned egg. The older chicks will also trample the fresh chicks but they never hurt each other. It all looks pretty rough, though.

Why so few chicks?
Both the hatches this year are a combination of eggs from our hens and eggs that I bought online. It's likely most will be mixed breeds. Here at our home in the northern Nevada High Sierras, we have higher altitude to contend with. We are at 5000 feet above sea level, and with that naturally comes less available O2 and lower air pressure. Plus we have a hideously dry climate. There is also a whole ‘nother thing with sea level chickens (some of ours are still considered such since they were hatched there) laying eggs with larger pores in the shell which makes for more moisture loss, which makes for a crappier hatch rate, yada yada. My research has revealed that it is MUCH harder to hatch eggs under these conditions, haha. That, combined with the fact that you are a HUMAN trying to do the work of a HEN further lowers the success rate. Hens make it look ohsoeasy and no doubt laugh at people trying to hatch eggs. We have the optimal setup we can get without buying a HUGELY expensive professional cabinet-style incubator. The hatch rate will likely be about 20%-60%. I candled the eggs about a week ago and all of the eggs at that time had viable embryos.

Where’s their mama?
We are their mama. No mother hen is necessary, although if any of our hens go broody (go into ‘mama’ mode), in the next day or so we’ll bring her in and see if she’ll accept the chicks (most do accept them, broody hens LOVE chicks and watching a mama with her chicks is freakin’ adorable). Broody hens don’t give a rat’s rear end if those are their eggs or not, all they care about is OMG CHICKS. If a hen isn’t broody she’ll just run away from the chicks, and you can’t force a hen to go broody. If no mama hen, the chicks will bond to us and be much tamer pets.

What happens to the ones that don’t hatch?
There are about 900 things that can go wrong during the incubation and hatch. We keep the incubator running for three days beyond the hatch date to catch any stragglers, after that the unhatched eggs are removed. In order to learn what happened with the unhatched eggs I take them outside and crack them open to see how the chicks developed and look for problems that might explain what went wrong. This is messy and disgusting, yes—but also invaluable and necessary, it helps a LOT for future hatches.

ALSO—sometimes a chick will hatch but won’t live. Sometimes they will die days after hatch after you’ve named them and become attached to them. Mother Nature knows best and some congenital defects are fatal. We do the best we can but losses DO happen.

What kind of chickens are these?
This year we have both bantam and standard size eggs. As they grow we’ll be able to better ID who is what. While we’ll have tiny and large chicks all together and various breeds, they should all get along just fine barring the occassional natural sibling dust-up.

Just like last year, we found that our cold winter had made big fluffy chickens butts REALLY fluffy…and our roos couldn’t…ah…seal the deal with the girls. Bloop the bantam d’Uccle roo didn’t have that problem, the banties not being fluffmonsters.

So just like last year, my daughter and I went out a few weeks ago with a pair of scissors and gave anyone with a big, fluffy hiney a butt haircut. We also shaved away their dignity while we were at it and got major stink eye from all of them. But one week later, viola! The eggs were all testing fertile!

The eggs incubate for 21 days, we turned the eggs by hand 5 times a day. The O and X registration marks are so we can easily tell which ones have been turned. Several times during the incubation cycle I candled the eggs (shined a bright light through them in a darkened room) and removed any that were duds and hadn’t developed. That’s why, if you notice a number missing, there are gaps in the numbers of the eggs left. The remaining eggs you see have chicks inside!

:siren:NAMING THE CHICKS!:siren:
List yer name choices here now! Nothing my kid can't say without getting her mouth washed out with soap or us called to the principal's office, and no names previously used. As they hatch, our 15 year old daughter will draw names out of a hat for each chick, so everyone’s name gets a fair shot. One name per Goon to keep it fair! You cannot assign a name to a specific egg #, sorry. If you post more than one name we’ll choose one to drop in the hat. I’ll update the egg # below with the name & hatch time.

Hatch A
Along with a variety of eggs from our hens, I also bought this assortment online. Eggs #1-25 are from this batch:

Frizzled Ameraucana/Silkie Hybrid ~ Sizzles (the blue/green ones): ~Hybrid chicks from Frizzled Ameraucana Hens & Silkie Rooster ~
Easter Egger/Silkie Hybrid (also some of the green ones) : ~Hybrid chicks from Easter Egger & Olive Egger Hens & Silkie Rooster ~
Polish/Silkie Hybrid (the white ones on the right): ~Hybrid chicks from Polish Hens Frizzled & Smooth Bearded and Non-Bearded Bantam & Silkie Rooster ~ (unfortunately I don't think any of these eggs developed so I doubt we'll get any Polish mixes)
Salmon Faverolle/Silkie Hybrid: ~Hybrid chicks from Salmon Faverolle Hens & Silkie Rooster ~

Hatch A, Group 1 (due to hatch on the 20th):
5--White egg, likely a Salmon Faverolle or Polish mix
Bantam Cochin eggs from our hens:
38--Egg laid by Olive, our bantam Cochin hen. Pipped 3/17 1PM, was three days early and died.
39--Pipped 3/18 2AM, assisted hatch on 3/19 1AM. Named: Jimmy
40--Pipped 3/18 2PM, hatched at 5:45PM. Named: Ninja

Hatch A Group 2 (due to hatch on the 21st):
6 Possible Cuckoo Marans mix, pipped 3/20 at 9PM, hatched 3/21 at 11:30AM, GREEN spot on RIGHT thigh, named: Theodore Roostervelt

8 Possible Cuckoo Marans mix
9 Possible Cuckoo Marans mix, one of the mail order eggs, pipped 3/20 at 4PM, hatched at 2AM, named: Here Kitty Kitty 3/21
10 Easter Egger Mix--One of the mail order eggs, pipped 3/20 at 11AM, assisted hatch at 11PM, named: Blossom
11 Easter Egger Mix--pipped 3/20 at 9PM, hatched at 5:30AM 3/21, namd: Tuxedo

12 Easter Egger Mix
13 Easter Egger Mix
Our eggs:
26 Americaunas
27 Americaunas
28 Americaunas
31 Barred Rock? (possibly laid by Alice)--pipped 3/20 at 11AM, hatched at 1PM, named: Snakefast
32 Barred Rock, laid by Alice--pipped 3/20 at 11AM, died in shell, profound birth defect.
33 Large creme-colored egg--pipped 3/20 at 12:30PM, hatched at 3PM, named: Eureka
34 Large creme-colored egg--pipped 3/20 at 9PM, hatched at 10:15PM, named: Ham

Hatch B, 15 eggs due 27th & 28th are all our own eggs:
This batch includes one gigantic egg (#57) that *may* be a double yolker and have 2 embryos in it (twins!), 2 banty eggs and one egg laid by Jellybean (#62).

44 Dark Green
45 Dark Green
46 Light Green
47 Americaunas, pipped 3/25 at 10AM, not in optimum hatch position, assisted hatch at 7:30PM, BLUE spot on RIGHT thigh, named by kindergarteners: Chicken Pox
48 Americaunas, pipped 3/25 at 7PM, hatched at 9AM 3/25, named: Sushi

49 Americaunas
50 Americaunas, pipped 3/26 at 10AM, hatched 3/27 at 10:30AM, named: Sprinkles
51 large brown egg pipped 3/25 at 7AM, hatched at 6PM, named: Diane
52 Round dark brown, pipped 3/25 at 8:30AM, hatched at 11:30PM, GREEN spot on back, named: Bubbles
53 Round dark brown, pipped 3/26 at 2:30PM, hatched 3/27 at 2PM, BLUE spot on back, named: Buttercup
54 Round dark brown egg, pipped 3/26 at 8:30AM, hatched at 9:30PM, BLUE spot on LEFT thigh. Named: Tikka
55 Light brown egg, pipped 3/26 at 11PM, hatched 3/27 at 10:30AM, named: Kevin Phillips Bong

56 Light brown egg, pipped 3/26 at 11AM, hatched 3/27 around 5AM, RED spot on back, named: Cluckadorkle
57 Large light brown (possible double yolker), pipped 3/25 at 10:30PM, assisted hatch 3/26 at 1PM, GREEN spot on LEFT thigh, named: Tingle
59 Bantam, pipped 3/25 at 7AM, assisted hatch at 7:30PM, named: Pluffy
60 Bantam, pipped 3/25 at 12:30AM, hatched at 12:30PM, named: Toaster
62 Jellybean's egg, pipped 3/26 at 11PM, hatched at 8:30AM, named: Seagoat

So we're off! Submit your name suggestions!

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Our annual hatch of baby chickens has begun! Every year we webcast the hatch, then place the camera in the brooder box for the next 8 weeks so you can see and hear 24/7 the chicks live, play and grow up.

We have two bantam eggs, #38 (laid by Olive, a bantam Cochin hen) & 40, pipping two days early! They may or may not hatch today, it's up to them. I'd prefer they wait until the official hatch day of Friday in order to be as healthy as possible. The pips are on the top/front of the eggs, and may not be readily visible, especially as the chicks roll the eggs around. Actual hatch date SHOULD be Friday the 20th and Saturday the 21st, starting at 7AM. I tried something different this year and set eggs so that the hatch would be spread out over a day or so. This is so as many people as possible get a chance to watch an egg hatch. Watch the hatch at the links below, one with chat—keep it PG rated, LOTS of kids (including mine) and teachers & very young kids in classrooms watch the hatch! We have zero tolerance for hate, really bad language (the occassional standard cuss word is OK, ie: ‘Holy poo poo that’s a big chick!’ or ‘drat, what’s taking so long?’ but nothing extreme), racism, etc. and will ban anyone not playing nice and being a decent human being. We try to answer questions both in this thread and in chat:

Sometimes a chick is just a chick. As in years past, we are doing a web broadcast, with sound, of baby chickens hatching. After the hatch the cam will be placed in the brooder box where it will run 24/7 for the next 8 weeks so everyone can watch the chicks as they grow. If we have a hen go ‘broody’—that is, go into ‘mama’ mode—we may recruit one as mama to the chicks. Right now one of the hens is broody, unfortunately she is a small bantam and cannot cover all of the chicks we are expecting, so we can't use her. I'm hoping one of the big fatass girls goes broody so she can handle the chicks. At the end of 8 weeks the chicks will be old enough to be turned out into our existing flock where they will live. We have been talking to the eggs so they will know our voices when they hatch (yes this is weird, but it works).

READ THIS, YOU GOON, YOU, SO I DON’T HAVE TO ANSWER THE SAME QUESTIONS 900 TIMES IN THIS THREAD!

***We are doing two hatches this year, as an experiment I've staggered the hatches a week apart, all of the eggs for both hatches are in the incubator not. So we'll have Hatch A (20 eggs), hatching March 20-21 and then next week have Hatch B (15 eggs), hatching March 27-28.***

With this incubator we can do staggered hatches like this. The cam (and this thread) is started as soon as we see the eggs rocking back and forth, hear the chicks inside peeping or see eggs pipping. This means the hatch is imminent and the chicks are about to start coming out. Once they do, it’s kinda like watching popcorn pop—they tend to start slow, then everything happens at once, and after a while it tapers off. The numbers are so y’all can cheer on your favorite egg. The camera we're using is a Logitech c920. It has a MUCH better picture than the old one, plus the old one had been scratched up and ravaged by baby chicks over the years. So less eye strain, yay!

You’d take a while too if you were a newborn fighting your way out of a damned eggshell using only the tip of your face in cramped quarters. But seriously, here’s the process: The chick rotates into hatching position inside the shell, with it’s head at the large end of the egg. Then it ‘pips’, or pecks an airhole in the shell. Then it rests a bit as air now gets into the shell and helps the chick dry out and the blood vessels that have been keeping the chick alive in the shell ‘draw down’. Then the chicks starts to ‘unzip’ (my own term and not scientific at all) the shell, pecking as it turns in the shell and struggling/kicking/stretching as it goes. THIS TAKES HOURS. It’s a major struggle and exhausting for the chick, which will stop and rest from time to time. Usually anywhere from 20 minutes to overnight, but most are about 2 hours or so. When the chick gets the shell unzipped enough—about 2/3 of the way around—and does come out, it comes out all at once very quickly. There is no rushing the hatch, it takes as long as it takes. NO, I cannot help/poke it with a stick/shake it like a drat maraca. Only in extreme cases where we fear the chick will die otherwise do we ever assist a hatch. It has happened in the past, though.

Calm down. This is a new incubator that is different than the tabletop styrofoam ones we used to use. This new one is a ReptiPro 6000, originally manufactured for the reptile hatching trade, but then the poultry folks got ahold of it. It’s basically a tabletop cabinet incubator and is also a mini-frig that can keep your beer cold when it isn’t hatching baby chickens. Because of the way it’s built, in order to have proper ventilation and allow O2 IN and CO2 OUT, you have to open the door. In our case, 5 times a day, which is also when I turn the eggs.

Ugh, they look slimey and hideous! Why are they bashing the other chicks & eggs?
Again, you weren’t exactly the Gerber baby and covered in chocolate and unicorn dreams when you first emerged, either. Rest assured they dry out, rest, get fluffy and cute and perk up after a few hours.

After the chicks dry out, get strong enough to stand and run around, we remove them to the brooder box where they will live for the next 8 weeks. After all the eggs have hatched we place the cam in the box so you can watch them. While still in the incubator, the hatched chicks tend to run around and rather brutally play soccer with the still-hatching eggs. This actually helps stimulate the hatching chicks into coming out, most likely to kick the rear end of whoever was kicking their damned egg. The older chicks will also trample the fresh chicks but they never hurt each other. It all looks pretty rough, though.

Why so few chicks?
Both the hatches this year are a combination of eggs from our hens and eggs that I bought online. It's likely most will be mixed breeds. Here at our home in the northern Nevada High Sierras, we have higher altitude to contend with. We are at 5000 feet above sea level, and with that naturally comes less available O2 and lower air pressure. Plus we have a hideously dry climate. There is also a whole ‘nother thing with sea level chickens (some of ours are still considered such since they were hatched there) laying eggs with larger pores in the shell which makes for more moisture loss, which makes for a crappier hatch rate, yada yada. My research has revealed that it is MUCH harder to hatch eggs under these conditions, haha. That, combined with the fact that you are a HUMAN trying to do the work of a HEN further lowers the success rate. Hens make it look ohsoeasy and no doubt laugh at people trying to hatch eggs. We have the optimal setup we can get without buying a HUGELY expensive professional cabinet-style incubator. The hatch rate will likely be about 20%-60%. I candled the eggs about a week ago and all of the eggs at that time had viable embryos.

Where’s their mama?
We are their mama. No mother hen is necessary, although if any of our hens go broody (go into ‘mama’ mode), in the next day or so we’ll bring her in and see if she’ll accept the chicks (most do accept them, broody hens LOVE chicks and watching a mama with her chicks is freakin’ adorable). Broody hens don’t give a rat’s rear end if those are their eggs or not, all they care about is OMG CHICKS. If a hen isn’t broody she’ll just run away from the chicks, and you can’t force a hen to go broody. If no mama hen, the chicks will bond to us and be much tamer pets.

There are about 900 things that can go wrong during the incubation and hatch. We keep the incubator running for three days beyond the hatch date to catch any stragglers, after that the unhatched eggs are removed. In order to learn what happened with the unhatched eggs I take them outside and crack them open to see how the chicks developed and look for problems that might explain what went wrong. This is messy and disgusting, yes—but also invaluable and necessary, it helps a LOT for future hatches.

ALSO—sometimes a chick will hatch but won’t live. Sometimes they will die days after hatch after you’ve named them and become attached to them. Mother Nature knows best and some congenital defects are fatal. We do the best we can but losses DO happen.

This year we have both bantam and standard size eggs. As they grow we’ll be able to better ID who is what. While we’ll have tiny and large chicks all together and various breeds, they should all get along just fine barring the occassional natural sibling dust-up.

Just like last year, we found that our cold winter had made big fluffy chickens butts REALLY fluffy…and our roos couldn’t…ah…seal the deal with the girls. Bloop the bantam d’Uccle roo didn’t have that problem, the banties not being fluffmonsters.

So just like last year, my daughter and I went out a few weeks ago with a pair of scissors and gave anyone with a big, fluffy hiney a butt haircut. We also shaved away their dignity while we were at it and got major stink eye from all of them. But one week later, viola! The eggs were all testing fertile!

The eggs incubate for 21 days, we turned the eggs by hand 5 times a day. The O and X registration marks are so we can easily tell which ones have been turned. Several times during the incubation cycle I candled the eggs (shined a bright light through them in a darkened room) and removed any that were duds and hadn’t developed. That’s why, if you notice a number missing, there are gaps in the numbers of the eggs left. The remaining eggs you see have chicks inside!

List yer name choices here now! Nothing my kid can't say without getting her mouth washed out with soap or us called to the principal's office, and no names previously used. As they hatch, our 15 year old daughter will draw names out of a hat for each chick, so everyone’s name gets a fair shot. One name per Goon to keep it fair! You cannot assign a name to a specific egg #, sorry. If you post more than one name we’ll choose one to drop in the hat. I’ll update the egg # below with the name & hatch time.

Hatch A
Along with a variety of eggs from our hens, I also bought this assortment online:

Frizzled Ameraucana/Silkie Hybrid ~ Sizzles (the blue/green ones): ~Hybrid chicks from Frizzled Ameraucana Hens & Silkie Rooster ~
Easter Egger/Silkie Hybrid (also some of the green ones) : ~Hybrid chicks from Easter Egger & Olive Egger Hens & Silkie Rooster ~
Polish/Silkie Hybrid (the white ones on the right): ~Hybrid chicks from Polish Hens Frizzled & Smooth Bearded and Non-Bearded Bantam & Silkie Rooster ~ (unfortunately I don't think any of these eggs developed so I doubt we'll get any Polish mixes)
Salmon Faverolle/Silkie Hybrid: ~Hybrid chicks from Salmon Faverolle Hens & Silkie Rooster ~

Hatch B is all our own eggs.

lol

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
cock a doodle doo

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Why so few chicks?

Where’s their mama?

Hatch A
Along with a variety of eggs from our hens, I also bought this assortment online:

Hatch B is all our own eggs.

name one lowtax

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe
paging smash mouth

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
name one of them vivian james, for me and all my friends in #gamergate.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

i m mastrbhatnng

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
FFS, burn "new" GBS to the ground.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

i like chickam

guys we can do this put you r dicks and gokus away an d try to enjoy nature for a sec

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

name one Hott Keister please and thank u

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

social vegan posted:

name one Hott Keister please and thank u

good chickan name

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Requesting the name "Foghorn Leghorn" for one of those mindless, feathered insects. Thanks

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

call one Seagoat

OMG BYZANTIUM
Dec 30, 2008
Yes! Maybe I'll be lucky with a name this year! Suggesting Weasel.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I want to suggest Ebenezer as a name. A dignified name for a chicken.

knittingphd
May 9, 2013
I'm putting in Chip Dipson for a chicken name.

ZX Speculum
Aug 18, 2006

Soiled Meat
cluck

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Buck the gently caress Chickan

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
chicken is really good food

eggs too

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

COCKMASTER

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Roy the CLOACA DESTROYA

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

good names itt

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
has anyone tried eating chicken with eggs? Thats kind of a hosed up dish when you think about it

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Zzulu posted:

has anyone tried eating chicken with eggs? Thats kind of a hosed up dish when you think about it

it is sweet becuase youre reuniting momma and baby

Aug 24, 2011

(eggs) benedict

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 24, 2011

beneggdict arneggold

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer

Dreggon posted:

(eggs) benedict

I vote for this name.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Please name one of these little dudes "Vermithrax Perjorative". You can call him/her/it/they Verm for short.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
pls namea chicken John Major

Aug 24, 2011

arnold swarzeneggegger

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
so hold you can just stick normal store bought eggs in an incubator and get a baby chicken?

Aug 24, 2011

mr burns (excellent -> eggsellent)

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
im also eating eggs right now, but i have a few extras i didnt cook yet...

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Dreggon posted:

arnold swarzeneggegger

sweet

Aug 24, 2011

Dreggon posted:

arnold swarzeneggegger

actually just negger

Aug 24, 2011

dreggon (thats my sa name it has egg in it)

Aug 24, 2011

pecker (a word for Penis but children will not know that, also because chickens Peck)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I can feel it! This is the year of Theodore Roostervelt!

• Locked thread