Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I just spent like 12 hours intently listening to Serial waiting for the smoking gun moment like the end of The Jinx. nope. never happened. just "let the listener decide" what a cop out loving ending. gently caress you Serial and gently caress all the people demanding that I listen to it.

I hope this "season 2" at least puts closer on it or they start with a different case all together. otherwise gently caress that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
The end of my rear end in a top hat was a giant load of poo poo!!

e: wait never mind, that's normal

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i think this belongs in rapidly going deaf, op

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
whats the jinx tho??? cuz i agree w/ everything u said p much. like...they just did a hella good job of telling a story but u could do that for probably a lot of people in prison you know.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't know what this is

Aug 4, 2010

Adnan did it, and he has that stupid bitch suckered into thinking he is innocent

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

roymorrison posted:

whats the jinx tho??? cuz i agree w/ everything u said p much. like...they just did a hella good job of telling a story but u could do that for probably a lot of people in prison you know.

The Jinx is a show on HBO and you should watch that poo poo. It's about Robert Durst. Guy who's family owns like 1/5th of all property in NYC and built the Freedom Tower. He killed 3 people and it was always very hazy exactly what happened and he was never convicted. Then, as a free man, decides to participate in an HBO documentary/interview where he tells his side of the story to make him not look like such a bad guy. And in the process of working with this film crew ends up loving himself over because of renewed interest and investigating into his cases/he is an idiot.

He didn't need to do the show. He could've flown to Mexico and disappeared forever but instead basically got his own rear end in trouble for no reason other than wanting to tell his -fake- side of the story. Except there is a smoking gun moment and then an :aaa: moment at the very end.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't know what this is

this american life spinoff called serial where they basically interview a guy in jail except they make u think that theres going to be a loving resolution but there isn't

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

Windows 98 posted:

The Jinx is a show on HBO and you should watch that poo poo. It's about Robert Durst. Guy who's family owns like 1/5th of all property in NYC and built the Freedom Tower. He killed 3 people and it was always very hazy exactly what happened and he was never convicted. Then, as a free man, decides to participate in an HBO documentary/interview where he tells his side of the story to make him not look like such a bad guy. And in the process of working with this film crew ends up loving himself over because of renewed interest and investigating into his cases/he is an idiot.

He didn't need to do the show. He could've flown to Mexico and disappeared forever but instead basically got his own rear end in trouble for no reason other than wanting to tell his -fake- side of the story. Except there is a smoking gun moment and then an :aaa: moment at the very end.

how have i not seen this????

Aug 4, 2010

Windows 98 posted:

this sounds great i gotta watch

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

my robert durst impression is p good guys really spot-on.

ay did nawt KNOWingly murda mai wife

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

roymorrison posted:

this american life spinoff called serial where they basically interview a guy in jail except they make u think that theres going to be a loving resolution but there isn't

I didn't think Serial was that great but if you were expecting a resolution you're an idiot

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

roymorrison posted:

how have i not seen this????

You because you never read or watch the news?

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i blame Hollywood's reliance on save the cat for the reason why everyone feels like things meed to tie together in a nice bow at the end

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Vorik posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about?

a pop culture sensation you man who lives under neath many rocks

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
are you super SERIAL, op???? hahahhahahahahaha - The Simpsons

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Tezzor posted:

are you super SERIAL, op???? hahahhahahahahaha - The Simpsons

that was king of the hill human being

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
it's up to you to decide if adnan sweet talked you like he sugared up the dopey reporter

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Uranium 235 posted:

that was king of the hill human being

Pretty sure it was Groundhog Day with Bill Pullman.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Windows 98 posted:

I just spent like 12 hours intently listening to Serial waiting for the smoking gun moment like the end of The Jinx. nope. never happened. just "let the listener decide" what a cop out loving ending. gently caress you Serial and gently caress all the people demanding that I listen to it.

Did you miss the earlier episodes where the reporter pretty much went "Well i have no loving idea what happened, let's investigate more next week". I think the first episode she came out and said she didn't know how this story was going to end.

My take: Adnan did it. Because he is a muslim.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
also if you want a story with a better conclusion i really liked this one: dr gilmer & dr gilmer

country doc takes over for a country doc with the same name who went to jail for murdering his father, so new doc does his own investigation and uncovers the truth!! and learns a little about himself along the way!!!

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

mr.capps posted:

i blame Hollywood's reliance on save the cat

what do these words mean, did you have a tiny stroke midway through that sentence

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Gatekeeper posted:

what do these words mean, did you have a tiny stroke midway through that sentence

save the cat and the writer's journey are screenwriter books that dumb down campbell's hero's journey so dumb hollywood types could understand it

so now every story has the same type of resolution

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 18, 2015

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

mr.capps posted:

so now every story has the same type of resolution

if the resolution is "a cat is saved" then i guess i'm ok with it

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Should I finish watching the jinx even tho I saw that poo poo on the news yesterday? I watched like 1 episode of it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Gatekeeper posted:

if the resolution is "a cat is saved" then i guess i'm ok with it

sadly it doesn't :(

quote:

The title Save the Cat! is a term coined by Snyder and describes the scene where the audience meets the hero of a movie for the first time. The hero does something nice, e.g., saving a cat, which makes the audience like the hero and sympathise with him. His inspiration for this was the movie Alien, where Sigourney Weaver's character Ripley saves a cat named Jones.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i listened to the first few episodes of serial and it was real boring so i stopped

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 253 days!)

didn't doogie hauser do this?

az
Dec 2, 2005

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Should I finish watching the jinx even tho I saw that poo poo on the news yesterday? I watched like 1 episode of it.

episode 5 has evidence he was at one of the murder sites

and episode 2 or 3 shows how galveston tx freed a man who admitted to killing and dismembering his neighbor in his hideout apt, that he rented dressed as a mute deaf woman

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I hope by season two that dumb lady learns how to pronounce "chimp"

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

Windows 98 posted:

this sounds amazing

and here's some post from glenn greenwald's blog debunking serial, enjoy https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/12/29/exclusive-interview-jay-wilds-star-witness-adnan-syed-serial-case-pt-1/

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

> Syed’s trial, and Jay’s testimony, became the focus of a “This American Life” spinoff series, the 12-part podcast “Serial,” broadcast in the fall of this year.

Yeah. No.

Time for a CarTalk Classic (Like Peanuts Classic because dead)!

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Nagato posted:

this sounds amazing

and here's some post from glenn greenwald's blog debunking serial, enjoy https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/12/29/exclusive-interview-jay-wilds-star-witness-adnan-syed-serial-case-pt-1/

That was a pretty good article.

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
dont miss part 2 featuring a rambling email from one of the NPR producers, and part 3 where he talks about how reddit organized a team to stalk him and he possibly lost his job for the sake of an entertaining podcast

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I tried listening to this and I could just not give a poo poo about a bunch of minutia bullshit yawnfest garbage how'd this get so popular

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

The Protagonist posted:

I tried listening to this and I could just not give a poo poo about a bunch of minutia bullshit yawnfest garbage how'd this get so popular

self diagnosed liberal 'spergers

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

The Protagonist posted:

White people work in mysterious ways.

Just kidding, it's all self-interested bullshit to elevate themselves at any cost.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
not readin the OP b/c i'm just about to listen to Ep. 12

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

buttcrackmenace posted:

not readin the OP b/c i'm just about to listen to Ep. 12

:ohdear:

congratulations on supporting the invasion of the privacy of someone you never met in the name of "true crime" reporting that has no meaningful conclusion

oops forgot to spoiler it

• Locked thread