Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
:siren: Click here to go to the start of the reveal! :siren:

Greetings! Welcome to the Games forum Sheep Game!

This is how the game works. I will post a list of 16 statements. Your job is to provide an answer that you think is the best for each statement. BUT! The object of the game is not necessarily to guess the most correct answer. Rather, the object of this game is to give the most common answer that you think will be given by the rest of the players. For each answer you give, you get a number of points equal to the number of people who also gave that answer. If you say "red" and 10 other people say red, you get 11 points. If you say "blue" and no one else said blue, you get 1 point. The poster with the most points at the end of 16 rounds wins! Note that it is in your best interest to not discuss the game in other threads or IRC, lest you tip your hand on what your answers will be!

If you are still a little confused, check out these sheep games from D&D, SAS, and AI.

:siren: Kewpuh has offered free avatar changes for the players who come in the top 5 :siren:

Want to participate? Great! Please follow this two step process:
1) Submit your entries via email to theoneandonlyt87@gmail.com (:siren:NO PMs PLEASE:siren:). The subject line should include your SA username and "Sheep Game Entry" (e.g. "TheOneAndOnlyT sheep game entry"). Your answers should be in the body of the message. Please submit your answers with one answer on each line, in order, and with no numbers and no questions. This will save me a bunch of editing time.
2) Re-read Step 1 and make sure you didn't gently caress it up, or you'll probably get disqualified!

Signups are now closed.

The deadline for entries is approximately one week; I will post a 24 hour notice before I stop taking submissions. Once submissions are closed I will determine a reveal date. This will be done "liveblog" style, i.e. I'll reveal each round of answers one at a time over the course of a few hours.

Once again:
:siren: DO NOT INCLUDE THE NUMBERS OR QUESTION TEXT ON YOUR ENTRY FORM! :siren:

Got it? Okay. Here are the statements. Some of these are intentionally fairly vague. It's up to you to decide how you think the rest of Games will interpret them!

1. This video game console is the greatest console ever made.
2. This video game console is the worst console ever made.
3. This person is the one I have the most respect for among people who are/were involved with making video games.
4. This person is/was a blight on the gaming industry and never should have gotten involved with making video games.
5. This video game company is the one I look on most favorably in the gaming industry.
6. This video game company is the one I look on most disfavorably in the gaming industry.
7. If I could bring back one now-defunct video game company and make it successful again, it would be this one.
8. When I think "video games," this video game character is the first one that comes to mind.
9. This video game series is the one I am most disappointed about not receiving a sequel recently.
10. This currently-running video game series was once great, but is now a shadow of its former self, and needs to be ended more than any other.
11. I have put more time into this video game than any other.
12. This video game brings back the fondest memories of playing it with friends. (Answers from the same series will be lumped together for this question.)
13. This video game had a greater long-term impact on gaming as a whole than any other game.
14. If I were on a debate team and had to argue in support of the statement "video games are art," this video game would be the best supporting example.
15. This video game is the worst video game of all time.
16. This video game is the greatest video game of all time.

Once again:
:siren: DO NOT INCLUDE THE NUMBERS OR QUESTION TEXT ON YOUR ENTRY FORM! :siren:

Undying gratitude goes to C. Everett Koop and pig slut lisa, whose Sheep Game OPs I have heavily plagiarized. Additional thanks to seiferguy for sending me the Sheep Game software to make this easier.

Good luck!

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
154 players:

A Steampunk Gent
Aardark
Accordion Man
Adam Bowen
Aerox
ajkalan
Akumu
alansmithee
Alvie
Anatharon
Anora
Arctic Cress
Artix
Ask Me For Warez
Avocados
Baron Fuzzlewhack
Bat Ham
Beer4TheBeerGod
bees everywhere
Bellmaker
bhodi
BiggerJ
Black Wombat
Blackbelt Bobman
Blade Leader
Broguts
Capsaicin
Cathulhu
Christo
CJacobs
Cruel and Unusual
DarkHamsterlord
darkwolf220
DARPA Dad
Davincie
deadwing
delfin
Delusibeta
Dick Boat
Dinictus
DoubleDonut
E_Motion
Eifert Posting
Elfface
Endorph
EngineerSean
Entenzahn
Evil Sagan
exquisite tea
Fistful Of Silence
Flagrant Abuse
Gato
gay skull
Genetic Toaster
Geographica
Gimbal lock
Gordong Dongbay
Great Joe
Green Wing
h_double
Hannibal Smith
Haruharuharuko
Hat Thoughts
Heran Bago
how me a frog
ijyt
Innerguard
Jia
Jibo
joebob
JT Tag
Kalli
Kamer Kamer Cola
Kelp Plankton
KennyMan666
Konsek
Kraven Moorhed
Krotera
Literally The Worst
LOCUST FART HELL
Looper
Lprsti99
lunnrais
Lwoodio
mabels big day
MAKE WAY NEW STARS
Mans
Marlamaid Swordhand
Mayheim
meeler09
memy
mfcrocker
mmm11105
Myschef
naptalan
Neutron Bandit
Nice Shirt
nogic
Not a Children
oldskool
Paper Triangle
Pepper Crab
Pirate Jet
Pittsburgh Lambic
Pixeltendo
plot.lost
Pneub
psymonkey
RagnarokAngel
RatHat
Rollersnake
Roshambo
Saint Freak
Saintv77
SaltLick
saucepanman
Sdoots
seiferguy
Seiren
Snuffman
Sodium Chloride
Soho Joe
Sojenus
Stoat
Stuntman
Sundae
Syncope
Takanago
Tempus Rimeblood
The Crotch
The Man Called M
The Moon Monster
THE PENETRATOR
the talent deficit
TheHoosier
Turncoat Mommy
Unguided
Usual Barb
Venomous
Volt Catfish
voltron lion force
von Metternich
Wall Monitor
Wanton Spoon
Wheresmy5bucks
Yasser Arafatwa
Yoshifan823
Zachary Taylor
zedprime
zhulik
Zombie Samurai
Zombie Squared
Zombies' Downfall
Zore

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Mar 25, 2015

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Sent my entry. This looks like it could be cute.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I'm in. I'm treading a line between comedy goon answers and what people may actually say. It's tougher than I thought.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'm in and I sent my picks.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
I'm in. Picks sent.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Awesome. I saw the one in D&D and wondered if Games was ever going to jump on the bandwagon. :toot:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Threw my hat into the ring.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Gay Skull's in the house

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Sent in my dumb list

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
im not sure i understand how it works, op. do i send you an unordered list of choices? thanks.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i didn't read the op.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

THE PENETRATOR posted:

im not sure i understand how it works, op. do i send you an unordered list of choices? thanks.

Your choices should be in the same order as the questions. To steal from yet another Sheep Game OP, here's an example. If the questions were:

Example questions posted:

1. What is your favorite color?
2. What is your favorite number?
Then you should send me something like this:

Example answers posted:

Red
Seven

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
i'll give out some free av changes to the top 5 winners

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I sen t in an mail.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

E-maild.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Email sent. :getin:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sent

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
What the hell, I'm in.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
weird but fun, why not

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Dumped some answers and stuck them through the interwebs.

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

I'm all in!

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Sent mine in just now.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I did it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Hell yeah, it's sheep season on Something Awful :toot:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Prepare yourselves sheeple

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice
Wow, a games sheep game, this should be interesting

Answers sent, sheep games own and there should be way more of them

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
The most general answers in the world submitted!

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i sent this. all of my answers are objectively correct so i expect to win.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
17. most shameful face of gaming
30 votes: cliffyb

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Your choices should be in the same order as the questions. To steal from yet another Sheep Game OP, here's an example. If the questions were:

Then you should send me something like this:

I hosed up and included numbers, but I immediately replied with a non-numbered list. Sorry!

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Sent mine in, it was harder than I thought it would be on some of them.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Email sent!

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Survey says... I'm a huge nerd

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Sure, why not?

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Sent.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
And sent. Going to be interesting to see the answers.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Sent. Should be interesting to see how diverse the answers can be between the various questions, and what games really stick out among the rest according to SA Games.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
if you didn't answer Super Nintendo Entertainment System for all questions, turn in your goon card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This looks like fun, sent my entry in. I'll be really interested to see what other people put. Question 9 and 14 were the toughest ones for me. I think I got a pretty good answer for 9 but 14 is probably gonna cost me a lot of points.

• Locked thread