Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

GhostStalker posted:

I think the only time I've seen Church's Chicken was when i saw one attached to a White Castle. But then that disappeared when the place was renovated.

Popeye's is some good poo poo though, always amusing to see them with Chinese signage when they're run by Chinese people in Chinatown.
popeye's is good but imo kind of hit and miss, sometimes it comes super salty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Bojangles is easily the best, but Popeye's isn't bad. Church's does that weird honey butter stuff with their biscuits and that's just wrong.

EDIT: KFC isn't great, but it's okay and you also can get Taco Bell at most of them, so that's a bonus.

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 19, 2015

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

a hole-y ghost posted:

popeye's is good but imo kind of hit and miss, sometimes it comes super salty

It's easy to tell if you got a good Popeyes.

Q: Are black folk making your chicken?
A: Yes. Good Popeyes.
A: No. Oh.. :(

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Chicken Express

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Ork of Fiction posted:

It's easy to tell if you got a good Popeyes.

Q: Are black folk making your chicken?
A: Yes. Good Popeyes.
A: No. Oh.. :(

Hey man, Chinese Popeye's are still pretty drat good

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Popeyes chicken is good in Asia.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

quote:

do you have them in usa?

what has america wrought

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
i've never been to a churches chicken, but everyone who says bojangles is correct

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

There was a legal case years ago here, where a Church's manager was taken to court for dangerously negligent business practices. His employees testified against him, saying they were told to take spoiled chicken out of trash cans and serve it to cut down on costs. They called it stank chicken.

Church's has stank chicken.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Eating any brand of chicken is cooler when you realize that birds are actually dinosaurs. Kentucky Fried Dinosaur is pretty freaking cool. (But Popeye's dinosaur is better.)

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I remember reading on here about a guy who had an Australian houseguest who almost missed his train (and flight home) because he insisted on getting Popeye's before he left. God drat

also to address the question, different popeyes stores vary in quality but churches always sucks

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
kfc, get the gently caress outta here original recipe for life

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

mango sentinel posted:

EDIT: KFC isn't great, but it's okay and you also can get Taco Bell at most of them, so that's a bonus.
you what???

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

youre joking

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Chamale posted:

Popeye's. But I can only get it when I go visit my American relatives, in Canadaland we only have KFC and Church's :smith:

What lovely part of the country do you live in there's Popeyes literally everywhere in Canada.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
idk how many places do this but in denver all the popeyes' are open to like fuckin 2am and on tuesdays or thursdays you can get a wing and a thigh for $1.09

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!
Bojangles is the best but I've found that Long John Silvers used to have pretty good chicken tenders. I dunno man, haven't eaten there in years so maybe they turned to poo poo.

Anyways, Bojangles. Close thread.

Dangit Ronpaul
May 12, 2009
popeyes > local grocery store chicken > church's > kfc > walmart chicken

i tried walmart fried chicken one time and it was a huge mistake. idk how you can gently caress up fried chicken that badly but they found a way

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Haverchuck posted:

youre joking
:confused:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

kfc, taco bell and several other big fast food chains are owned by the same company (yum! brands) who have been opening combination stores all over the place for a while so you get stuff like combination kfc/taco bell places. especially along interstate highways in the US

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
For awhile there was a KFC/taco bell/pizza hut combo going around here but it was pretty much an atrocity. Popeye's is pretty fuckin good tho

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Haverchuck posted:

kfc, taco bell and several other big fast food chains are owned by the same company (yum! brands) who have been opening combination stores all over the place for a while so you get stuff like combination kfc/taco bell places. especially along interstate highways in the US
I know theyre the same company but I've just never seen a combo store in cali

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Consider yourself lucky

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I like Popeyes and sometimes they have crayfish which is great. When I lived in Kentucky there were no Popeyes and I think I had fried chicken once the entire time I lived there.

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Not as productive as I should be
Had some al baik just now. Definitely the best.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I remember Church's being marginally better but unfortunately there is a good chance of being shot at all the locations around here

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

tehinternet posted:

kfc, get the gently caress outta here original recipe for life

literally fried fetus's in breading

thats kfc now

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

a hole-y ghost posted:

I know theyre the same company but I've just never seen a combo store in cali

they definitely exist. i seen more taco bell + pizza huts though.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Golden Corral for some uknowable reason has amazing friend chicken but awful for everything else

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Zaxby's

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

Golden Corral for some uknowable reason has amazing friend chicken but awful for everything else

If you like fried catfish GC is very decent, it's better than anything else they serve imo

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
my distant memories of kfc are of overpaying for a bucket of chicken that has been sitting under a heat lamp and steamed itself in the container so the breading is all soggy/falling off when you open it. If its your only option for chicken just dont get chicken.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Haverchuck posted:

my distant memories of kfc are of overpaying for a bucket of chicken that has been sitting under a heat lamp and steamed itself in the container so the breading is all soggy/falling off when you open it.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Churches is a front and contributer for the NAACP so Popeyes.

ChuckHead
Jun 24, 2004

2000 years Assholes.
Would

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
One time my family went to a Church's and the man behind the grill had a pannus of alarming size, and the chicken was small and tasteless. It also took an extremely long time to get to us. Those of us brave enough to try a bite did not finish the piece we started.

We still tell tales of pannus man and his bad chicken.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

pollo campero is pretty good

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

FogHelmut posted:

pollo campero is pretty good

If we're going that route then El Pollo Loco beats all these places by miles.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
There's a Popeyes maybe about a 20 minute drive from me.
The nearest Bojangles however, looks to be somewhere in Tennessee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Hobohemian posted:

If we're going that route then El Pollo Loco beats all these places by miles.

are we only talking about fried chicken though? i mean ill buy $5 cooked rotisserie chickens from the grocery store all day.

• Locked thread