Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I'm sure it has been said before but my God, I love how loving lovely 70s-future aesthetics of this game is. For some reason it is that kind of... crap clunky tech that appeals to me the most, not shiny lights or user-friendly keyboards with a voiced computer. Just utter, utter infuriating CRT screens with eye-straining glare, oil-rig tools and jerry-rigged devices. I don't know why I love that so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

You watched the first film when you were 5? Wow, and I thought I was young for watching it when I was 7.

Though I seem to remember my first words on seeing the Chestburster as: aww, it's cute! I was evidently a weird child.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Actually that explosion really confused me, because I had no idea where to go afterwards - I was wandering around that firey place for ages before seeing the ladder.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I guess my game bugged out at having to find the compression cylinder part; the Alien never attacked the trio at ground level and at the part where you see it lowp over the railing, the two people just stood there, no patrolling or investigating.

Also, and I'm not trying to defend libertarianism in any form, but surely these boys on the station are less Randian, more Hobbesian?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I really, really, REALLY wish I had known that some of the npcs in those areas were non-hostile.

Also, I with respect to Weaver in '79, does anybody else think she looks really similar to Michael Beck (the guy who played Swan in the Warriors)?

Samovar fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 1, 2015

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

You know, I actually really like Alien 3, it is a pretty fantastic film, curiously janky Alien effects as if they were done by Ray Harryhausen notwithstanding.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

While the comic in itself was pretty terrible overall, I did like the androids (except the destroyer-droid) in Aliens: Stronghold, specifically the doctor and most of all Jeri. Though it has been years since I read it last and it could actually be terrible, but the latter I thought was particularly... endearing? Or rather, easy to feel empathy towards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Oh yeah - I now this is a bit of a poorly-timed comment, what with the end of the main game being the last update, but was anyone else vaguely annoyed that the explosive bolt mechanism was exactly the same as the mechanism for overloading a ship reactor? It just jumped out at me as being particularly unimaginiative in the design of the machines of the game - especially when everything else was so good.

• Locked thread