Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i dont like to be wasteful so i no longer use disposable razors do you know how long it takes plastic to decay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
accelerationism bitch

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

I use a Mach 3 and I shave in the shower every other day and I haven't replaced the blade in 6 months. Idiots

(there's a way to make sure these razors last a long time, YouTube it)

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Rocks posted:

I use a Mach 3 and I shave in the shower every other day and I haven't replaced the blade in 6 months. Idiots

Besides having soft, downy fuzz for facial hair? If disposables last for you fantastic but not all of us are blessed with easily tamed facefur

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Rocks posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
schick quattro bitch

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol if ur not using Feathers as God intended. Fags.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

TEAYCHES posted:

isnt it pretty easy to cut yourself with a merkur safety razor? ive read it takes more time and care. i feel like i couldnt knick myself with a gilette mach 3 if i tried

literally never have cut myself with my Merkur safety razor

there's a reason it's called a safety razor

the blades are also so cheap that it doesn't bug me to replace them every time I shave either. you can probably use them like 3-4 times each but I like them sharp as fuk and also I only shave once a week because it's fun growing some scruff during the week

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Provided your limp wrist can hoist one this is the only way to shave you good drat mincing pansies

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Safety razors are trash and there is a reason normal people stopped using them along with records and manual transmissions.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
nothin' beats popping a good record into the dash, gettin' all ready for a good shave, and goin' for a rip in my 1980s beater.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

lol if you dont shave with a straight razor

like a man

you pussy

Foid One
Mar 2, 2015

by Ralp

F hole posted:

two blade? you some kind of pussy?

Whatever these are called, are basically the fedoras of shaving

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Foid One posted:

once macho things ruined by today's horrible subcultures?

also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NN3fWyIDk4

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I only need to shave about every six months, due to the fact I'm so manly i shave from the inside.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

fyodor posted:

Lol if ur not using Feathers as God intended. Fags.

I see you spelled Astra super platinum wrong.

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I just use hair clippers without the guide so I can have that constant 5 o clock shadow going on

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

itsgotmetoo posted:

I just use hair clippers without the guide so I can have that constant 5 o clock shadow going on

Same

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

literally lmao if you don't shave every day so your marble sculpted chin keeps the maidens moist and wanting

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this is what beard trimmers are for, clean-shaven faces are for freshmen and boys in love with each other

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
straight razor wins again

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Sorry guys the pinnacle of shaving technology is the Gillette sensor excel.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvFO3TqhDj0

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Sorry guys the pinnacle of shaving technology is the Gillette sensor excel.

yes, it's this. op sorry ur wrong and dumb.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
i might buy one of those hipster things

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Foid One posted:

They're called "safety razors" and they're actually the best way to shave unless you've got such bad alien hand syndrome that you'll slit your throat with anything other than an electric.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
anybody know about those merkur things if I can just use soap with it ? I have to shave so often that using cream is literally a chore. also the thickness of the hair itself is very fat, leading to heavy wear. is there more danger to cutting myself too?

1gnoirents fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 20, 2015

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
You guys hate on those for being a hipster thing but a $30 handle and $5 pack of razors will basically last the next decade at a fraction of the price of other razors.

Badger hair brushes, fancy soap, and a shaving mug? That's some hipster poo poo.

A can of Barbasol costs like $2.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

you havent lived till you've loaded a feather blade into a gillette fatboy and shaved your balls and pubis

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Million Ghosts posted:

for a big rear end bag of disposables. if you can't shave with a 2 blade you have baby bitch skin.

hahaha

must suck being poor

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

You guys hate on those for being a hipster thing but a $30 handle and $5 pack of razors will basically last the next decade at a fraction of the price of other razors.

Badger hair brushes, fancy soap, and a shaving mug? That's some hipster poo poo.

A can of Barbasol costs like $2.

You can go to almost any estate sale and grab a vintage safety razor handle for $1. They never wear out and as long as they aren't rusty you are good to go.

100 blades are around $10 depending on brand, I'm still working on a pack i ordered Jan of 2012
http://amzn.com/B001QY8QXM

Hot lather from a mug and brush is nice and very cheap but takes time. Shaving cream takes up a bunch of space and needs to be replaced often. Drop $5 for a bottle of this at walmart. http://amzn.com/B0023XF60Q Wet your face put a few drops in your hand and apply to face and you are good to shave.

While you are at that estate sale look for one of these vintage travel razors. http://r.ebay.com/NqhrDc Everything plus a 5 pack of blades fits into that tiny case barely larger than a matchbox. Now when you travel all you need is your tiny bottle of Shave oil and travel razor case and you are good to go.

When I am lazy I do tend to just set my beard trimmer to Miami Device mode and just leave a decent stubble.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Zeike posted:

hahaha

must suck being poor

Typical new money thinking right here.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

You can shave however fancy you want. Just accept that even after using your fancy straight razor I'm still twice as good looking and five times as hot on a hungover morning with pube hairs on my face Lmao.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

F hole posted:

two blade? you some kind of pussy?

That's my poo poo bro - Merkur 34C. I load it with Wilkinson Sword blades at @ $0.50/ea where each blade lasts for like 2 weeks with a daily shave.

And shaving cream? Trash.

something like this will last longer than 20 cans of Barbasol and then you'll only have to buy the soap for $7 when it runs out after like a year.

I've cut my shaving costs by 90% and I get a better shave, every time. Seriously if you are not shaving with a safety razor and brush-lather soap you are figuratively using burning dollar bills to light your cheapass American Spirit cigarettes.

edit:

I am shocked, SHOCKED at the ignorance about shaving quality displayed in this thread.

A safety razor the 'fedora of shaving?' Good lord no. A safety razor is a heavy, quality tool that provides an excellent and very comfortable shave. I can understand how the cheapo $2/bag disposables came into being, because there is some use for those in traveling, for hospitality, camping, etc. but Gilette Atra Trac 10 blade nonsense is just overpriced garbage that does nothing for you. You've been flimflammed into thinking that this is the way to shave...no it is not. A safety razor is the way to loving go.

A fedora? Really?

A fedora is something idiots wear that they think makes them look smoothly classic and mysterious, reminiscent of a bygone era when men were men and...

oh wait a minute

OK, so maybe that analogy works in a way.

But trust me...shaving with that heavy hunk of metal is a loving treat, and brushing up some lather is far more pleasant than sqoooshing some freezing-cold compressed foam into your hand.

KaiserSchnitzel fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 20, 2015

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

brb going to an estate sale to save $29

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
the shape of my nose makes using those big electric doohickies basically impossible so i just buy disposable Bics, the ones with the one-axis articulation at the head, in bulk from Amazon.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i dont shave and every couple weeks i trim my beard with a pair of god drat scissors

like, sorry you fuckboiis cant grow a beard or whatever.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im gonna use a faggy brush like a fag to lather my face before i shave with a dead guys razor

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
safety razors own, who cares if hipsters use them. they're good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Xaris posted:

safety razors own, who cares if hipsters use them. they're good

did you know hipsters eat food??

• Locked thread