Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Problem description: Exactly what the title says, though I think it probably extends to other advanced touchpoint functions, I don't really know, that's all I really use.

Attempted fixes: I've tried using generic microsoft drivers, generic synaptics drivers (had to disable digital signing for them though) and the Y50 specific drivers. Nothing seems to have worked. There's no option for multitouch. When I install the manufacturer specific driver I can go to settings and I see two finger and multifinger options, but everything is greyed out and I can't click on anything.
Here's an image of the generic synaptics drivers:

Here's an image of the vendor specific drivers:

Recent changes: I got a lenovo repair guy who switched the motherboard on my system. Was working fine until then, hasn't worked since.

--

Operating system: Windows 8.1 64 bit

System specs: Lenovo Y50, 8 gb ram, 2 gb GTX 860m, i7-4710HQ

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Do you know if they installed the exact same motherboard (with the same BIOS as well) into the laptop?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Zogo posted:

Do you know if they installed the exact same motherboard (with the same BIOS as well) into the laptop?

No idea. I'd assume so. I know the repair guy had to load a bootable USB to reassign my Serial Number, but that's about it.

E: Fixed the problem. Not entirely sure how, but I uninstalled my lenovo drivers again, and it seemed to work this time. Turns out I needed ElanTech drivers, not Synaptics.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 21, 2015

• Locked thread