Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hana owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

She's the obvious best. (Secret best is the arcade spy girl I forgot the name of)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like Meiko :shobon:. She's just trying to get through things in her own way.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

too bad kiyoshi only has eyes for chiyo. Even after all that most likely

Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009

The newest issue of the magazine has an awesome cover I must say...

HANA HANA HANA!

Oh Snapalope fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 25, 2015

Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu
Hana AAA #1 Piss Queen.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I can't wait for the scenes of the principal asking the boys if they like tits or rear end better. I seriously lost it at that.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
After reading the first 60 or so chapters of this, I take back what I said about the fat guy being the most disturbing-looking character ever. Meiko is much, much grosser.

Why can't I stop reading this?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Fat guy is gonna get much, much creepier

The way he looks recently is all kinds of hosed up

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
I'm just not sure how this will translate to anime. It just won't be the same if there isn't constant sweaty labia camera angles. :colbert:

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

having just reread all the way through and being both thoroughly amused and teased along, and also grossed out by the fat dude and bummed out by vice pres' back story, I really can't see how they will actually do 'prison school' as an anime, and not as a drastically retooled, toned down, dumbed down show about pervy guys trying to escape prison with antics and nothing more than that.

I also think the animation wont be able to do the art justice. The mangaka on PS is sickeningly talented, and I'm trying to think of comedy shows that have done intricately detailed ironically-serious looking characters right for entire shows and not just as quick bits.

DamnGlitch fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 7, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I hope someday the vice president is able to overcome her issues and become a woman confident in herself.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

she's hung up on the doorknob of life

Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009
http://a.uguu.se/hrmkwd_1435935002164.jpg
Latest chapter spoilers, guess who's back?

Oh Snapalope fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jul 10, 2015

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Now poo poo gets real. She's back.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Episode of the Anime is out now watch it!

Watching the beating in glorious animation is sublime

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Okay, I was somewhat worried about the translation to anime but the art shifts, weird faces, and voice-acting made episode 1 hilarious. Worth watching just for Gakuto alone. Shame it just doesn't or can't have the pacing of the manga but it's pretty neat seeing everyone animated. Looks to be blazing through it though, I can't believe we got to Hana peeing in the woods already.

On that note, her voice actress is doing a phenomenal job.

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008

MattTheDoctor posted:

On that note, her voice actress is doing a phenomenal job.

Yeah, soon as I heard Kana Hanazawa was going to be playing Hana (did I get that right?), I thought 'even if all else fails, still worth watching'.

Which considering what they were up against, not a whole lot failed.

If they do a good job with the chairman, I'll call it a complete success.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
I don't normally watch anime but this I just had to watch and I'm glad I did, jesus christ the facial expressions are too good

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
The new anime episode is out seems to be progressing at quite a fast pace.

The Headmaster is in this one and they have totally done him right in my opinion, I am finding the censoring a bit distracting but what ever

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

VoLaTiLe posted:

The new anime episode is out seems to be progressing at quite a fast pace.

The Headmaster is in this one and they have totally done him right in my opinion, I am finding the censoring a bit distracting but what ever

Yeah, the headmaster is done really well, right?.

I like the fast pacing, and the animation is quite above par (someone really enjoys drawing Hana beating the poo poo out the guys).

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

AEMINAL posted:

I don't normally watch anime but this I just had to watch and I'm glad I did, jesus christ the facial expressions are too good

Yesssss, the faces and reaction shots are amazing:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The anime is insanely epic.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

This adaption is way better than I expected it to be.

Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009
Volume 1 has been released. It's on Amazon go grab it.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
I kind of suspected that the fat one and the hooded one were inspired by Kenny and Cartman from South Park, and a later arc in the manga almost confirms it. The fat one becomes a prison guard and wears reflective glasses. "Respect my authori-TAH!"

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I... I discovered this thread. I started reading the manga.

I don't know what to say. I just encountered this scene.

Yes.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Hadaka Apron posted:

I kind of suspected that the fat one and the hooded one were inspired by Kenny and Cartman from South Park, and a later arc in the manga almost confirms it. The fat one becomes a prison guard and wears reflective glasses. "Respect my authori-TAH!"

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

That gay panic gag was pretty hosed up.

But then all of it is.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I've been trying to wait for the first 3 episodes to come out so I can just smash through them, but there's no way I'll make it. Watching this poo poo as soon as I get home today.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
183 & 184 are finally up on batato http://bato.to/read/_/335633/prison-school_ch183_by_anonymous

I haven't followed much stuff in while and am glad I took a chance on this because it's fantastic.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

These cliffhangers are destroying me.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Pootybutt posted:

These cliffhangers are destroying me.

They nail it so well in the manga and I have to say the anime follows suit.

Also can we get a spin off on the headmaster and his booty adventures please?

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

VoLaTiLe posted:

Also can we get a spin off on the headmaster and his booty adventures please?

We pretty much have just that going on, I guess...

I laughed my rear end off when he ended up at exactly the same loving tree, falling into his own "trap"

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008

VoLaTiLe posted:

Also can we get a funk band called The Headmaster and his Booty Adventures please?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
There was a promo manga for the anime written by Hiramoto and drawn by other jerk about the anime's production that paints Mizushima in a much more flattering manner than Shirobako ever did

Also one of the producers for the Prison School anime is one of the cats from Warner Bros. who got the JoJo anime made so that guy is basically the anime Producer equivalent of Houdini, loving making miracles happen somehow

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
It's amazing how sweat manages to be the grossest bodily fluid in this.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

This manga has instilled within me a deep respect for piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009

Based /a/

• Locked thread