Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Casimir Radon posted:

From what I read her behavior towards her sister doesn't quite make her a child molester,

If you molest a child, you're a child molester. hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
“Do we all have uteruses?” I asked my mother when I was seven.

“Yes,” she told me. “We’re born with them, and with all our eggs, but they start out very small. And they aren’t ready to make babies until we’re older.” I look at my sister, now a slim, tough one-year-old, and at her tiny belly. I imagined her eggs inside her, like the sack of spider eggs in Charlotte’s Web, and her uterus, the size of a thimble.

“Does her vagina look like mine?”

“I guess so,” my mother said. “Just smaller.”

One day, as I sat in our driveway in Long Island playing with blocks and buckets, my curiosity got the best of me. Grace was sitting up, babbling and smiling, and I leaned down between her legs and carefully spread open her vagina. She didn’t resist and when I saw what was inside I shrieked.

My mother came running. “Mama, Mama! Grace has something in there!”

My mother didn’t bother asking why I had opened Grace’s vagina. This was within the spectrum of things I did. She just got on her knees and looked for herself. It quickly became apparent that Grace had stuffed six or seven pebbles in there. My mother removed them patiently while Grace cackled, thrilled that her prank had been a success.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I wonder if she's involved in a long running bet where she can never wear clothes that actually fit her.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
she was a creative writing major

a creative writing major

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Horniest Manticore posted:

a creative writing major

sci-fi channel mill degree

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

a creative writing major

it doesn't matter, she already had the connections. ty mom&dad.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Anything that makes goons irrationally angry gets a pass in my book. So she's cool with me, even though her show sucks.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Rambling Robot posted:

it doesn't matter, she already had the connections. ty mom&dad.

it's almost rubbing it in, taking that major. like, "i'm going to be successful no matter what. just to prove it, i'll choose the most pointless major ever."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

it's almost rubbing it in, taking that major. like, "i'm going to be successful no matter what. just to prove it, i'll choose the most pointless major ever."

Go to any Art School and track a freshman class through graduation in any creative major. You'll find that the successful in commercial media production always possess at least two of the following:

1. They've been doing this poo poo for a much longer time than the others.
2. They play well-enough with others to get ahead.
3. They have connections that let them jump in status.
4. They can produce consistent (not good, consistent) output.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

“Do we all have uteruses?” I asked my mother when I was seven.

“Yes,” she told me. “We’re born with them, and with all our eggs, but they start out very small. And they aren’t ready to make babies until we’re older.” I look at my sister, now a slim, tough one-year-old, and at her tiny belly. I imagined her eggs inside her, like the sack of spider eggs in Charlotte’s Web, and her uterus, the size of a thimble.

“Does her vagina look like mine?”

“I guess so,” my mother said. “Just smaller.”

One day, as I sat in our driveway in Long Island playing with blocks and buckets, my curiosity got the best of me. Grace was sitting up, babbling and smiling, and I leaned down between her legs and carefully spread open her vagina. She didn’t resist and when I saw what was inside I shrieked.

My mother came running. “Mama, Mama! Grace has something in there!”

My mother didn’t bother asking why I had opened Grace’s vagina. This was within the spectrum of things I did. She just got on her knees and looked for herself. It quickly became apparent that Grace had stuffed six or seven pebbles in there. My mother removed them patiently while Grace cackled, thrilled that her prank had been a success.

Is this where all the child molestation poo poo is from because that is completely stdh.txt you loving autists

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nutsngum posted:

Is this where all the child molestation poo poo is from because that is completely stdh.txt you loving autists

yes

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

lol

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The Dregs posted:

Anything that makes goons irrationally angry gets a pass in my book. So she's cool with me, even though her show sucks.

Glad to see some one is standing up for child molesters

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Nutsngum posted:

If I remember correctly, it was Breitbart.com that went crazy over her book and tried to make this a big deal.

I just looked and they have a front page story about how Scandal's ratings dropped when Lena Dunham was on. Hard hitting journalism.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
It's kind of a testament to nepotism and the permeability of the entertainment industry, her parents were so influential that they got her the gig while she looked like THAT

I wonder what those meeting were like... "Yes Dave I know what she looks like but imagine all the other uggos who'll latch on because one of them is on screen now"

It sets a dangerous precedent though, next we'll have films displaying the true height of the leading man

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

lol if you think that story makes her a child molester hahahaha

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

oh is that what you were offended by?

i was offended by the fact that her writing is really lovely despite the fact that she majored in writing. there is just no excuse for that.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Mange Mite posted:

oh is that what you were offended by?

i was offended by the fact that her writing is really lovely despite the fact that she majored in writing. there is just no excuse for that.

well, sure, that too

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I don't think you can really learn creativity. Structure, sure, but even a PhD in "Creative Writing" doesn't mean your stories won't suck anymore.

david... posted:

lol if you think that story makes her a child molester hahahaha

While it doesn't necessarily make her a textbook child molester, it makes her a clinically retarded person for telling the story so many years later. She thinks it makes her interesting or profound.

It doesn't.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Shadow posted:

I don't think you can really learn creativity. Structure, sure, but even a PhD in "Creative Writing" doesn't mean your stories won't suck anymore.

the more you formally study a creative field, the worse you get at it. eventually you turn into a self-absorbed cipher like dunners who can only write about herself and people just like her

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Shadow posted:

While it doesn't necessarily make her a textbook child molester, it makes her a clinically retarded person for telling the story so many years later. She thinks it makes her interesting or profound.

It doesn't.

you can practice creativity

but a ph d probably means it was academic reading and thinking rather than doing

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Academia is a bigger loving joke than the existence of dunHam

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

raditts posted:

...and that chick is Brian Williams's daughter

I don't know where I was going with that, I just think it's funny that Brian Williams's clout culminated in his daughter getting her rear end eaten on a television show

Don't blame the north for three olives, you guys have to own that one.

Every self-described "New Yorker" is identical to him. Same condo living situation, same disregard for the "average" man, same sheltered expectations, gay. Completely interchangeable.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

How many times do you guys think she grumbled "you think you're SO pretty" while she was writing the scene where Brian Williams Daughter gets her rear end motorboated. I bet it was a lot.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I bet the guys who pine over her are incredibly out of her league on the show. c/d?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
i bet most goons would make out with her if she came on to them :mmmhmm:

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Maldoror posted:

I can say with absolute certainty I would not.

Not all goons are basement dwelling trolls. :)

Just most of them are.

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

Nutsngum posted:

she describes j/oing in bed next to her sister when she was 17 in the book

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Maldoror posted:

I can't really imagine anyone would tbqh. Except maybe as a sugar momma type of deal.

She probably gives good head.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
^^ even then, gently caress that. I can afford most things I want. I don't need to spend time with that ugly, talentless hack

bonvivant posted:

she describes j/oing in bed next to her sister when she was 17 in the book

... just joining her in bed, or "opening her vagina"?

VV I was so going to type "actually I'd punch her in the face if she tried" but decided not to. :hfive:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Maldoror posted:

I'd wind up on COPS for beating a "woman".

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Nutsngum posted:

Lena Dunham posted:

As she grew, I took to bribing her for her time and affection: one dollar in quarters if I could do her makeup like a “motorcycle chick.” Three pieces of candy if I could kiss her on the lips for five seconds. Whatever she wanted to watch on TV if she would just “relax on me.” Basically, anything a sexual predator might do to woo a small suburban girl I was trying.

Lena Dunham posted:

I shared a bed with my sister, Grace, until I was seventeen years old. She was afraid to sleep alone and would begin asking me around 5:00 P.M. every day whether she could sleep with me. I put on a big show of saying no, taking pleasure in watching her beg and sulk, but eventually I always relented. Her sticky, muscly little body thrashed beside me every night as I read Anne Sexton, watched reruns of SNL, sometimes even as I slipped my hand into my underwear to figure some stuff out.

Sorry but that's p. creepy.

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

amityville anus posted:

I'd wind up on COPS for beating a "woman".

that would be hosed up amityville anus

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
JESUS loving CHRIST WHY IS SHE ALLOWED ON TV

I mean, aren't her parents loving horrified by this!??

"Her sticky, muscly little body thrashed beside me every night as I read Anne Sexton, watched reruns of SNL, sometimes even as I slipped my hand into my underwear to figure some stuff out."

NO... JUST NO :cry:

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

Shadow posted:

... just joining her in bed, or "opening her vagina"?

what

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

that's how she describes her escapades with her (at the time) 1 year old sister :(

This loving oval office is disgusting and based on the quote a few posts up, I can't believe her parents used connections to get her a loving show. If I had a daughter and read that poo poo, I'd disown her in a loving heart beat.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

Whiskey Sours posted:

I'm more than willing to accept that Lena Dunham is racist, but I'm going to need more evidence than the word of some guy on the internet.

Can a second guy on the internet confirm that she is a racist?
she called me a friend of the family irl

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
lena dubham drops the meat

hamhamhamhamhamhamham - wubwubwubwub

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

bonvivant posted:

that would be hosed up amityville anus

Yeah, why would that 'Ham think "she" has a shot at somebody of my caliber?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Shadow posted:

This loving oval office is disgusting and based on the quote a few posts up, I can't believe her parents used connections to get her a loving show. If I had a daughter and read that poo poo, I'd disown her in a loving heart beat.

Not only did they help get her a show, they helped get her first feature film out of school into The Criterion Collection. Nevermind that she was able to make a full-blooded feature film right away after school, she got it put into the brand known for being the snooty "best of the best of cinema."

• Locked thread