Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
man europe is soooooooo cool. everyone should have the experience to backpack around for 4 months on daddys dime. its sooo culturally enlightening and man, the europe cock is AMAZING

i feel like a completely new person! *never shuts up about europe for the next 3 years*

next year im going to bali

Xaris fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Xaris posted:

man europe is soooooooo cool. everyone should have the experience to backpack around for 4 months on daddys dime. its sooo culturally enlightening and man, the europe cock is AMAZING

i feel like a completely new person!

next year im going to bali

This is basically any middle wage Australians, so...?? Not the daddies dime, because, uhh, real wages here, i guess.

Also Bali is a hole and a common and regular place for Australians to visit often.

Rapman the Cook fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 20, 2015

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

I think ppl have a misconception about trust funds. like, you don't even need to be rich to have one. they are basically replacing wills in a lot of ways b/c you can avoid probate that way. it's not a big deal. hell, you could have trust fund wherein every month you get like 50 bucks. it's not a big deal.

next youll tell me limousine liberals dont actually ride limousines

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Poors will NEVER understand that there actually ARE some problems that come with being PRIVILEGED.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

*unironically buys $10 bottles of water*

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Haywood posted:

*gets belligerent at brunch after drinking ten minosas*

*my dad owns half this city!*

I do this even though i am not wealthy or the son of powerful people

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Feminition posted:

Evian? That's pleb poo poo. I only drink Voss when I'm *clubbing*

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I do this even though i am not wealthy or the son of powerful people

10 mimosas is like 20 bucks on sunday brunch. Now get the gently caress out of my establishment

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Feminition posted:

*drank two of the Moet bottles but still insists that everyone split the check evenly*

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
There should be at least an understanding here that youre just all povo Americans...and any lower middle class upwards, especially outside the US, are the people you are hating on.

Poverty is education poverty, medical poverty, dietary poverty, skills poverty, cultural poverty...and so on.

Rapman the Cook fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 20, 2015

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
One of the trustfunders bought me a new title! Yay.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Oh, this reminds me of when I was in South Africa...

*Goes grocery shopping for the first time in college* Oh wow I thought lettuce was like $10 a head... everything is so cheap! $16 for a steak, what do poor people even complain about?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I'M ELLIOT loving RODGERS!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Rapman the Cook posted:

There should be at least an understanding here that youre just all povo Americans...and any lower middle class upwards, especially outside the US, are the people you are hating on.

Poverty is education poverty, medical poverty, dietary poverty, skills poverty, cultural poverty...and so on.

I'm a provo-american. Yeah brah, just heard back about my internship at Bain next summer *does an ice cream* Let's hit the slopes

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 20, 2015

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
The flagellation increases as the self hate dawns.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
"why would you ever have a car where the power windows dont work?"

that one's a direct quote

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
*is the first one to die on the island*

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

oncearoundaltair posted:

Poors will NEVER understand that there actually ARE some problems that come with being PRIVILEGED.

Yeah, for instance being rich makes you feel like a race traitor

ButtHate
Sep 26, 2007
*writes the Anti-Dühring*

Foid One
Mar 2, 2015

by Ralp

Mange Mite posted:

I'm a provo-american. Yeah brah, just heard back about my internship at Bain next summer *does an ice cream* Let's hit the slopes

What's an ice cream in this context OP?

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
hey

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Foid One posted:

What's an ice cream in this context OP?

Actual ice cream (Mormons)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/22/realestate/when-new-york-kids-help-find-the-family-home.html?_r=2

Vengeful Turtle
Dec 25, 2009

by Ralp
"Hi I'm Three Olives let me tell you at length about my condo and love for Keurig machines also I'm gay"

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
*Wants to live like common people*

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
*hangs out with 3 olives*

*kills self*

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
I want to help people of color so bad but they won't let me

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I"M KICKSTARTTING THIS TRIP TO HAWAI"I BY ME AND MY BUDS SIT GOING TO BE OTHE BEGINNING OF AN: INCREDIBLE I"M FLIMING THE WHOLE THING AND IT WILL GO VIRAL AND TURNIN TO A MOVIE OR TV SERIES YOU CAN BE ON TE GROUND FLOOR

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I'm so sick of this lovely yacht.

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Rapman the Cook posted:

bootstraps bitches

edit: jfc that bill and tip wanna party with that wait crew

Malinois fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 20, 2015

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
*Gets hired by someone when dad has business contacts over for dinner*

"Anyone who wants to find a job can!"

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Don't you hate it when they have to bring in a temporary doorman and they don't understand that they are supposed to open all the doors for you? Or when they lazily walk behind you like you are just supposed to wait for them to open the door to the elevator lobby, pick up the pace, I don't want to have to pretend to have to open the door myself, it's heavy.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

huskarl_marx posted:

"why would you ever have a car where the power windows dont work?"

that one's a direct quote

most of my posts have been about the same irl guy too

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Ugh, my loving DAD won't buy me a new laptop for college, he says my current one is fine.

*puts up posters around school to hold 'laptop smashing party' to break laptop and force dad to buy him a new one*

*dad buys him a new one*

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
"I don't need to work, I got money"

Very real quote

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
"Hey dad I have a really cool idea for an app!"

To be fair though he a cool dude he brought me some top quality jamón de bellota from Spain once, he's just so ridiculously spoiled

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
*spends a few years as a black bloc anarchist*

*still has a maid who comes in once a week*

(actually knew this girl)

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
*somehow let it slip to friends that someone in my family has money*
*amount of money is then greatly exaggerated*
*often gets snide insults from friends who make assumptions about my lifestyle based on rumors about my family*

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

glowing-fish posted:

*somehow let it slip to friends that someone in my family has money*
*amount of money is then greatly exaggerated*
*often gets snide insults from friends who make assumptions about my lifestyle based on rumors about my family*

:qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
*dates trust fund brat that for kicks buys/sells horses for $500k income a year, eventually realizes she is not his type and stops wanting to see her/wants to close things off... things heating up with another girl*

*in the car with her, dropping her off after briefly going out to a bar, as friends, which was communicated beforehand*

"So you aren't coming in with me?"

(shitstorm hits)

(45 minutes later, still in the car as she is continually reeling from being rejected and cannot have the decency to leave the car when I say its 12:30 a.m. and I need to work the next morning)

"I BET YOU GOT ANOTHER GIRL YOU ARE SEEING... AND SHE DOESN'T OWN A HOUSE AND MAKES poo poo INCOME IF SHES EVEN EMPLOYED AT ALL AND YOU'LL GET HER PREGNANT THEN SHE'S GOING TO GET FAT AND UGLY... I WOULD BE ABLE TO SUPPORT YOU"

Tough tough night.

• Locked thread