Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

all my ex gfs have been smarter than me and one actually was a doc. it owwned, she would go to work for like 70 hoours and I'd sit in her huge rear end flat stroking my dick and then making dinner at hte last moment, and cos she was asian and so all her ex bfs had been asian and so loving uselses at eveyting aside from maths, making substandard spag bog in 12 minutes was, for her, a true miracle and expression of love. recommend doing this to all goons a plus plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

opus111 posted:

*Is a kind, dedicated person who wants to give back the gift of life by selflessly helping others with a total lack of judgment and cynicism, will die surrounded by friends and family, will be upheld in their community as a true saint. Unless they're american, in which case they're just doing it for the money, lol*

*lives in america* *thinks about all the sweet compensation pharmaceutical cos will be giving me for repping their superfluous products*

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
My wife failed out of med school and it is without a doubt the best tthing that has ever happened to me.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sovereign citizen stuff might be closer to the truth than we are willing to admit.

EngineerSean posted:

My wife failed out of med school and it is without a doubt the best tthing that has ever happened to me.

way to reinforce the stereotype that goons hate when others succeed.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

as a law student, i have way more respect for the med students than the MBA students. the MBA students are loving worthless.

As a JD and MBA holder, I have no respect for either because law students were even dumber and more insufferable than MBA students, and both are equally a drain on society.

Doctors are good but I can't stand gore so I'm a useless bum. Disclaimer: my wife is a doctor and 4 months away from that sweet, sweet post residency upper class salary.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
"Help, my new roommate killed my cat then brought it back to life and one of my professors is creeping on my girlfriend who is also the daughter of my school's dean!"

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sovereign citizen stuff might be closer to the truth than we are willing to admit.

Chris Christie posted:

As a JD and MBA holder, I have no respect for either because law students were even dumber and more insufferable than MBA students, and both are equally a drain on society.
you must not have gone to a good law school then, like me. (although I do agree about drain on society part)

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Volume posted:

*Gets raped, decides to use the experience to empower my self to mutilate other people in ways they want and also kidnap and mutilate my rapist in ways he doesn't want.*

same

Kritzkrieg Kop
Nov 4, 2009

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

As if this wasn't obvious enough lol

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

you must not have gone to a good law school then

Sure didn't. WashingTTTon & Lee.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
*is a guy* im going in to nursing

*12 years later* im gay

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I've worked in 2 med schools and I can tell med students are indistinguishable from freshman undergraduates except they feel the need to dress nicer on a daily basis. They huddle around in the halls and run their idiot mouths about how hard their biochemistry test was, they copy each others work outside the lecture in the last minute, they're idiots.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

lol @ graduating medical school being "success"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Hey babe! I can write prescriptions - wanna party?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

EngineerSean posted:

lol @ graduating medical school being "success"

what's your personal measure of success, engineersean

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I bet it's Art School and he has many fascinating and original opinions on its value

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

I bet it's Art School and he has many fascinating and original opinions on its value

if goons hate one thing more than success (besides white people that is) it's liberal arts degrees, so i doubt it

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Triticum Guzzler posted:

what's your personal measure of success, engineersean

happiness mostly, I've never really met a happy doctor, especially the ones from my wife's class. They're so tired.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

EngineerSean posted:

happiness mostly, I've never really met a happy doctor, especially the ones from my wife's class. They're so tired.

are you happy?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

logical phalluses posted:

*has lots of sex with other med students*

Lol most med students are super socially inept so like 10 in a given graduating class will have hosed everyone but all the shy people are too meek to get any play

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

EngineerSean posted:

Tired and strung-out isn't the same thing as unhappy.

Much the same way a lot of spergs genuinely get their rocks off from fighting with AutoCAD and studying the way plumbing works in India back in the 70s or some poo poo, a lot people in medicine genuinely enjoy spending time helping sick people even if what they're doing isn't objectively pleasant or fun at all and the workload/hours are way too much.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Not a Children posted:

Lol most med students are super socially inept so like 10 in a given graduating class will have hosed everyone but all the shy people are too meek to get any play

Just like in every other social sphere imaginable.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Triticum Guzzler posted:

are you happy?

very

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
this thread got real gay real fast

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm gonna be a doctor just to covertly fuel my opiate addiction.

Oh yes, and the BMW's.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

redshirt posted:

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm gonna be a doctor just to covertly fuel my opiate addiction.

Oh yes, and the BMW's.

you're too old to still be having "when I grow up I'm going to..." fantasies, imho.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
*is indian, asian, or jewish, the superior races in every important way*

nipperi
Nov 1, 2011
*Is med student in Finland, government pays 5,000 euros/year for studying*

Chesterfield
Dec 29, 2005
*is the smartest med student in his class with excellent board scores. Is going into dermatology*

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
*is in long term relationship with ramsus, has full ride scholarship, VA just mailed a $2k macbook and printer with accessories despite already having a laptop

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Ramsus posted:

*is in long term relationship with ramsus, has full ride scholarship, VA just mailed a $2k macbook and printer with accessories despite already having a laptop

Whats his name

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

EngineerSean posted:

I might as well share my experience here about Google Play. I had stopped publishing any of my work to Google when my erotica catalog was removed, not out of malice but just because it had never been worth it. I had started publishing there on their old interface and was paying someone $20 a book to upload it, and I was underwater on that and it just wasn't worth it. Anyway, I got a rep asking me to publish a certain bestseller there, a romance book. I asked her what was in it for me, especially when I had my entire catalog pulled with no notice before. She said she could guarantee that that wouldn't happen again and reinstated a large portion of my erotica catalog (not all of it, some of it was still unacceptable and I was okay with that). By then they had changed the interface and I began to upload my works there myself. About a month later, they purged the erotica works away again. I asked what had changed, why works that she had promised me would remain up were removed again. She confessed that she had no power to make deals like that and basically just told me a lie to get my romance catalog up, so I pulled my work. People have gotten Google Play to amend their Terms of Service to remove the credit check or other onerous terms like the automatic discount, and if Google wants my business, they need to come to me as a business partner and not some ingenue author that they can take advantage of with lies. I stop short of recommending that nobody use them, but nobody who makes any significant money in publishing makes any significant percentage of it at Google, and between their refusal to price according to how you ask and their reps lying to authors and publishers, I'd as soon see them operate at a loss in Google's giant empire rather than what it should be (since Google Play is installed by default on Android devices).

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012
Question. Are you an official doctor once you graduate medical school? How come Scully always called herself a doctor when she never really practiced and went right into the FBI?

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp

I thought doxxing was aganst the rules.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Plafop posted:

I thought doxxing was aganst the rules.

:iamafag:

Pyramid Scheme
May 21, 2007

* has Chinese parents who put him through years of cram schools just so he could become a doctor *

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
:negative: my forums cred

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Yeah Google Play is poo poo. They randomly pull apps sll the time. I would be surprised if google doesn't gently caress up the whole fiber thing with their indecisiveness.

Ohnonotme
Jul 23, 2007
Yay!
^Tells that joke about the Professor who said that you could diagnose diabetes by the sweet taste of their urine - then the Prof said "Aha! but none of you noticed I licked my OTHER finger!" at every party*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL
It's genuinely frightening to consider that many of the "premed" automatons from undergrad will go on to become the people that are responsible for me not dying of space AIDS.

• Locked thread