Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I bet it's Art School and he has many fascinating and original opinions on its value

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

EngineerSean posted:

happiness mostly, I've never really met a happy doctor, especially the ones from my wife's class. They're so tired.

Tired and strung-out isn't the same thing as unhappy.

Much the same way a lot of spergs genuinely get their rocks off from fighting with AutoCAD and studying the way plumbing works in India back in the 70s or some poo poo, a lot people in medicine genuinely enjoy spending time helping sick people even if what they're doing isn't objectively pleasant or fun at all and the workload/hours are way too much.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Not a Children posted:

Lol most med students are super socially inept so like 10 in a given graduating class will have hosed everyone but all the shy people are too meek to get any play

Just like in every other social sphere imaginable.

• Locked thread