Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

EngineerSean posted:

I might as well share my experience here about Google Play. I had stopped publishing any of my work to Google when my erotica catalog was removed, not out of malice but just because it had never been worth it. I had started publishing there on their old interface and was paying someone $20 a book to upload it, and I was underwater on that and it just wasn't worth it. Anyway, I got a rep asking me to publish a certain bestseller there, a romance book. I asked her what was in it for me, especially when I had my entire catalog pulled with no notice before. She said she could guarantee that that wouldn't happen again and reinstated a large portion of my erotica catalog (not all of it, some of it was still unacceptable and I was okay with that). By then they had changed the interface and I began to upload my works there myself. About a month later, they purged the erotica works away again. I asked what had changed, why works that she had promised me would remain up were removed again. She confessed that she had no power to make deals like that and basically just told me a lie to get my romance catalog up, so I pulled my work. People have gotten Google Play to amend their Terms of Service to remove the credit check or other onerous terms like the automatic discount, and if Google wants my business, they need to come to me as a business partner and not some ingenue author that they can take advantage of with lies. I stop short of recommending that nobody use them, but nobody who makes any significant money in publishing makes any significant percentage of it at Google, and between their refusal to price according to how you ask and their reps lying to authors and publishers, I'd as soon see them operate at a loss in Google's giant empire rather than what it should be (since Google Play is installed by default on Android devices).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Plafop posted:

I thought doxxing was aganst the rules.

:iamafag:

• Locked thread