Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

FactsAreUseless posted:

You have to listen to The Arcade Fire, The Modest Mouse, an The Death Cab For Cutie.

A hipster isn't going to listen to any of this in TYOOL 2015 and I'm sorry you're so out of touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

These youngsters with their music and their weird pants.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
or are glasses a sign of weakness and for children??

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

burritolingus posted:

A hipster isn't going to listen to any of this in TYOOL 2015 and I'm sorry you're so out of touch.
Actually, they are. Hipsters love The Modest Mouse, and their new album, Shaking the Habitual.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Tsinava posted:

Actually I don't own any means of production so I'm not.

that's not the only definition of bourgeois, retard. and furthermore, it's not even the one most relevant to the context of this thread.

edit for content: goons don't like hipsters b/c hipsters were former nerds who turned it around and now have sex with sexy hipster chicks, drink alot, go to parties, and live in fun and exciting cities.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

which hipster at the bar gets the most trim? the guy in skin tight cutoff jean shorts? the guy with the zany 'stache? the token black guy?

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

which hipster at the bar gets the most trim? the guy in skin tight cutoff jean shorts? the guy with the zany 'stache? the token black guy?

in my experience, the token black guy, and he's not even good looking or personable, or has any better style or taste than the average white hipster.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

biceps/legs not big enough

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

FactsAreUseless posted:

You have to listen to The Arcade Fire, The Modest Mouse, an The Death Cab For Cutie.

these are like... the most mainstream bands...

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

def listen to the stones and not the beatles

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

logical phalluses posted:

these are like... the most mainstream bands...
Yeah, well, maybe it's time hipsters took a long hard look in the mirror and maybe they won't like seeing Mumford and His Amazing Sons staring back.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I don't care if you're a hipster OP. Come out the closet.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hipster: drat... poo poo... this freaking syncopated backbeat is dope as hell... pretty fly for a white guy!

Me: Wow, nice, good work at being super hipster, and probably an SJW as well. I'm going to listen to music by a black person.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hipster: drat... poo poo... this freaking syncopated backbeat is dope as hell... pretty fly for a white guy!

Me: Wow, nice, good work at being super hipster, and probably an SJW as well. I'm going to listen to music by a black person.

hipsters are well into hip hop right now

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Whorelord posted:

hipsters are well into hip hop right now

The new Kendrick is DOPE

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hipster: [masters a useless instrument, like the saxophone, or the drums]

Me: [800 pound opera singer]

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

it is good to like things and do things, but it is also good to realize you're probably a big idiot and should be cool/humble.

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery

suicide bi cop posted:

what's wrong with being a hipster and liking cool chill bands and stylish clothes?

The bands you like suck and the clothes you wear look like poo poo. That's what's wrong with being a hipster.

Hope this helps (hth)

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
if you don't listen to noisecore gently caress yourself

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I wanna punch this guy in the face and break his glasses. I don't hate hipsters too much but I'm pretty sure he'd start crying on the floor while I type "Get hosed" on his masterful fanfiction and the whole scenario make me laugh.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Avernus posted:

I wanna punch this guy in the face and break his glasses. I don't hate hipsters too much but I'm pretty sure he'd start crying on the floor while I type "Get hosed" on his masterful fanfiction and the whole scenario make me laugh.

its the sitting alone in the corner facing a wall that gets me most, and then the typewriter of course

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I like the juxtaposition of the garbage can right behind the typewriter.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I'm biding my time till Grunge comes back in style.

Ripped jeans and flannels forever!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hipsers are just people who are 2-3 years ahead of the mainstream when it comes to music and fashion. Mainstream fashion is just watered down hipster fashion from a few years ago. At least for urban young people, rural and/or old people mostly dress like it's still the 90's. Hipsters have been a thing for like 70 years and will continue to be a thing until western society collapses sometime next year.

This annoys goons because they are 10-20 years behind the curve in fashion and music.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

HEH. heh.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

FreudianSlippers posted:

Hipsers are just people who are 2-3 years ahead of the mainstream when it comes to music and fashion. Mainstream fashion is just watered down hipster fashion from a few years ago. At least for urban young people, rural and/or old people mostly dress like it's still the 90's. Hipsters have been a thing for like 70 years and will continue to be a thing until western society collapses sometime next year.

This annoys goons because they are 10-20 years behind the curve in fashion and music.

Believe what you want

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I like the juxtaposition of the garbage can right behind the typewriter.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

And why in the name of Jesus Tittyfucking Christ do all these Spencer Krug songs end in three minutes of microphone feedback? Ever hear of something called producing the post?

lol you have and they all poo poo, 3 minutes of diarrhea feedback posts

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

1gnoirents posted:

Believe what you want

Though I live in Europe and from what I've seen of American tourists everyone dresses like old people except the hipsters. But in every single mall over the clothes in the shops are mostly less extreme versions of what hipsters wore a few years ago.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 21, 2015

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
lmao if your legs can fit into skinny jeans

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

basement jihadist posted:

lol you have and they all poo poo, 3 minutes of diarrhea feedback posts
gently caress, looks like I just got destroyed, by Wolf Parade's Dan Boeckner.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

FactsAreUseless posted:

Actually, they are. Hipsters love The Knife, and their new album, Shaking the Habitual.

Whoops just outed myself

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

NotAnArtist posted:

Whoops just outed myself
What the gently caress kind of name for a band is that, they should be called Deer Knife.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

This is accurate.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I have never met a white hipster that does not LOVE Kanye West's music or his antics. He's required black man material for white hipsters.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Haier posted:

I have never met a white hipster that does not LOVE Kanye West's music or his antics. He's required black man material for white hipsters.

i'm a hipster and i hate kanye west, so now you know at least one.

hipsters come in a wide variety of flavors, you know.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
Hipsters have existed for hundreds, if not thousands, of years.
"Yankee Doodle Dandy" literally means "American idiot hipster"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

suicide bi cop posted:

what's wrong with being a hipster and liking cool chill bands and stylish clothes?

They are just nerds with hats. Goons hate hats.

• Locked thread