Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I feel pretty smart then, watching them as a child.

Reboot most assuredly was not made with little kids in mind. It has deep references most children would never get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

NurhacisUrn posted:

Reboot most assuredly was not made with little kids in mind. It has deep references most children would never get.

Which one is your favorite pony?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

NurhacisUrn posted:

When you see that kind of a thing in a cartoon, it's for the parents who have to watch that poo poo with the kids. It's not an excuse for an adult goon to watch cartoons for children (see also: Adventure Time, etc...)

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
my local tv station added aew channel recently thats called like retrotv or something. last saturday they were playing this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaMo4k7iG7s

Some kind of space western thing. It was pretty funny

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i think they only ran this show for two episodes and my brother and i were convinced for the longest time it was some shared fever dream.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
That looks exactly like Dr. Katz/Home Movie's character design.

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
I remember that lawyer guy had absolutely no idea how science worked. I think he won 1 case through the whole series?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

notZaar posted:

That looks exactly like Dr. Katz/Home Movie's character design.

its a snyder/bouchard production with jon benjamin, paula poundstone, fred stoller, etc.. it could be legitimately funny, i dunno. anyone c/d?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

NurhacisUrn posted:

The binary numbers that are displayed on buildings tell the censors to gently caress off.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Say Nothing posted:

She has trouble steering because her boobs keep hitting the wheel. What's your excuse?

Same

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Scalding Coffee posted:

The binary numbers that are displayed on buildings tell the censors to gently caress off.

Everything they did in the later series was telling the censors to gently caress off.

"Does this make me look butch?"

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

The show is timeless. I stand by my love of it. Anyone who hates on Reboot just hasn't really digested how incredible that saga is.

NurhacisUrn fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 25, 2015

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

its a snyder/bouchard production with jon benjamin, paula poundstone, fred stoller, etc.. it could be legitimately funny, i dunno. anyone c/d?

They just announced that they're shutting down

RIP creators of animated shows that were animated only in the strictest sense of the word

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

This is more of a late 90s thing, but Ed Edd n' Eddy owns because it was literally Trailer Park Boys for kids

The title sequence even involved the 3 loving around with a home movie camera

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Sleeveless posted:

They just announced that they're shutting down

RIP creators of animated shows that were animated only in the strictest sense of the word
The Squigglevision poo poo gave me a headache, I never saw the appeal.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Cuckoo posted:

This is more of a late 90s thing, but Ed Edd n' Eddy owns because it was literally Trailer Park Boys for kids

Hahaha, I've always wondered why I loved that stupid show so much growing up and I never thought of it in that way, so awesome

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Casimir Radon posted:

The Squigglevision poo poo gave me a headache, I never saw the appeal.

Without it you would be staring at a static image. Those shows were barely animated.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

notZaar posted:

Without it you would be staring at a static image. Those shows were barely animated.
PBS used to have a show where the narrator told a story while a guy drew it. I doubt anybody got headache from watching that.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

PBS used to have a show where the narrator told a story while a guy drew it. I doubt anybody got headache from watching that.

PBS had several shows like that, all hosted by the same guy, John Robbins. I wasn't able to find any video though, last I looked. That was back when there were tons of low budget fifteen-minute educational programs run throughout the day.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Titus Sardonicus posted:

PBS had several shows like that, all hosted by the same guy, John Robbins. I wasn't able to find any video though, last I looked. That was back when there were tons of low budget fifteen-minute educational programs run throughout the day.
There was one I remember that had something to do with rhyming or using words correctly. Out must have been a pilot for a show that hover aired because they alluded to some other stuff happening, but that was the only story I ever saw. Basically some low rent ghost Obi-Wan warps some kids away to a mansion where this rich guy and his chauffeur are being all wrong about something, they correct him, he gets mad, and the kids escape. I remember seeing this multiple times but never any other episodes of the same "show". PBS had some weird kid stuff on the middle of the day between their bigger programs, quality varied.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Titus Sardonicus posted:

The first hint that I was a huge nerd was the fact that my favorite "sick day" programming was the giant block of educational television on the alternate PBS station.

Speaking of artists drawing on television, anyone else remember "Captain Bob"? I feel like this might have been a New England exclusive pre-cartoons Saturday morning thing, along with "Jabberwocky", "Ready to Go", and "A Likely Story".

Vakal
May 11, 2008

NurhacisUrn posted:

The show is timeless. I stand by my love of it. Anyone who hates on Reboot just hasn't really digested how incredible that saga is.

It really is. The amount of effort that clearly was put into the show at times is mind boggling, with the play at the end of season 3 that summarized the events of the season being the prime example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7SqlwATPeI

All 3D cartoon shows on tv these days just seem lazy and cheap by comparison.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 26, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Vakal posted:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Rahonavis posted:

The first hint that I was a huge nerd was the fact that my favorite "sick day" programming was the giant block of educational television on the alternate PBS station.

Speaking of artists drawing on television, anyone else remember "Captain Bob"? I feel like this might have been a New England exclusive pre-cartoons Saturday morning thing, along with "Jabberwocky", "Ready to Go", and "A Likely Story".
We didn't have cable when I was a kid, but I watched PBS all the time so it was probably for the best. When we finally did got it History and Discover which I'd wanted to watch for years had just started their slide into the poo poo they are today.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

There was some short lived show about monsters in a castle and one of them was a goldfish girl who floated in the air what was it

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Eureka's Castle?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Say Nothing posted:

Sonic The Asperger's Magnet.

That's not the good sonic cartoon that was a cheap ren and stimpy ripoff starring urkel

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Mezzanine posted:

Eureka's Castle?

Nah it was animated. Mostly

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle Wemus posted:

That's not the good sonic cartoon that was a cheap ren and stimpy ripoff starring urkel

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

that version will always be the canon version to me

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
bucky

o

hare

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
theme song has lyrics that include "righteous indignation" and "funky fresh"

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Why were there 2 Sonic cartoons at the same time anyway?

I remember there was like 5 different Mario cartoons on Family Channel at one point

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I shouldn't have watched the Denver: The Last Dinosaur intro. poo poo got stuck in my head for hours yesterday.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
Was beetlejuice on on saturdays?

Anyway i remember watching this a lot and never really liking it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO1x632BzSQ

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I used to loving love Prostars. Bo Jackson, Wayne Gretzky, and Michael Jordan moonlighting as crime fighters using their various sports skills.

JORDAN JAMS IN YOUR FACE! GONNA PUT THEM IN THEIR PLACE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px5njG8ikvo

e; f,b by several people in this thread.

Spacecats had Charles Nelson Reilly as a giant floating disembodied head.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Mar 27, 2015

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

Vakal posted:

It really is. The amount of effort that clearly was put into the show at times is mind boggling, with the play at the end of season 3 that summarized the events of the season being the prime example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7SqlwATPeI

Thanks for this video. After watching this I got curious, found and purchased this:

http://www.amazon.com/ReBoot-The-Definitive-Mainframe-Edition/dp/B004Q7BF5M/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

Was beetlejuice on on saturdays?

Anyway i remember watching this a lot and never really liking it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO1x632BzSQ

wait, maybe this is where I got my thing for goth chicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Retail Slave posted:

Spacecats had Charles Nelson Reilly as a giant floating disembodied head.

The Disembodied Omnipotent Ruler of Cats! I loved the puppetry intro to that show but don't really remember the cartoon. I'm a little worried it won't hold up on rewatch.

We need more girl cartoons up in here. :sparkles: "JEM", OG "My Little Pony", "Snorks", "Popples", that creepy-rear end "Hugga Bunch" puppet movie, that one time the Care Bears had an entire season-long Star Trek tribute for reasons that remain unclear.

I am also pretty sure that my taste (if not my life) was permanently altered at the tender age of six when I tuned in for the first episode of "Rainbow Brite" and saw this...

• Locked thread