Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

CharlesM posted:

A four-door sports car. Pretty fan-loving-tastic.

That's a Ford. Can't you read?

They've shared parts and designs for a long time so it's likely got some mazda stuff in there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

CharlesM posted:

Pretty sure it's a Kia assembled in South Korea with a Mazda engine and Ford badges.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!

IOwnCalculus posted:

YOU CAN'T STOP THE PARROTING

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME

IOwnCalculus posted:

See, even parrots are all about the high build quality of a ChryCo product.
Real talk: you are a good mod, I got a good laugh out of this.

Nice avatar, by the way. :hitler:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

CharlesM posted:

My mother had an MPV, the transmission went out at 70k. Not started to get tired out went out. Wouldn't go above 2nd went out.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Parrots and cars?

Toucan play at that game!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

22 Eargesplitten posted:

My mother had an MPV, the transmission went out at 70k. Not started to get tired out went out. Wouldn't go above 2nd went out.

Your mother obviously didn't change the fluid at 60k like she was supposed to and killed it.

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

CharlesM posted:

Your mother obviously didn't change the fluid at 60k like she was supposed to and killed it.

No, she had it in for service pretty religiously. And from cursory searches on the internet when it happened, it was a common problem.

fake edit: Or maybe they didn't change it when she took it in. Looking around again it looks like Mazda never specified a service interval for the fluid. So maybe instead of making a bad car, they made a bad manual. Like GM didn't make a bad car when the Fiero caught fire, they just got the oil capacity off by 50% in the manual.

The transmission also took like three seconds to downshift if you floored it doing right around 60. Which meant that I had to abort a lot of passes on two-lane roads before I learned to expect it to take significantly longer than it should to pass. Which has kind of soured me on automatics in general, fairly or unfairly.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

A literal improvement over how it came from the factory

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Which has kind of soured me on automatics in general, fairly or unfairly.

Manual trans ftw always

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The ACR is extremely impressive considering what it's based on.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
I forever blame dodge for kicking off the brodozer fad in the mid nineties and forever ruining trucks :bahgawd:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

22 Eargesplitten posted:

No, she had it in for service pretty religiously. And from cursory searches on the internet when it happened, it was a common problem.

fake edit: Or maybe they didn't change it when she took it in. Looking around again it looks like Mazda never specified a service interval for the fluid. So maybe instead of making a bad car, they made a bad manual. Like GM didn't make a bad car when the Fiero caught fire, they just got the oil capacity off by 50% in the manual.

The transmission also took like three seconds to downshift if you floored it doing right around 60. Which meant that I had to abort a lot of passes on two-lane roads before I learned to expect it to take significantly longer than it should to pass. Which has kind of soured me on automatics in general, fairly or unfairly.

I thought it would be very obvious but I was fakeposting! Same reason I bought the manual in my Mazda 3 though.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
This thread was ugly to begin with, but boy did it super quickly poo poo the bed in like eight different ways.

much like a Chrysler

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Adiabatic posted:

This thread was ugly to begin with, but boy did it super quickly poo poo the bed in like eight different ways.

much like a Chrysler

Oh come on your posting isn't that bad, don't be so hard on yourself

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Human Grand Prix posted:

The ACR is extremely impressive considering what it's based on.

Ahhh the ACR. Forever defining torque steer into a tree

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Cat Terrist posted:

It's like drifting but the opposite end

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
My Dad's Dodge Caravan is a huge pile of poo poo but it's almost endearing how it keeps going. The dash lights don't work and the wipers randomly turn on and off. AC is dead and climate control is stuck on max heat. It has epic rust on every body panel and the transmission solenoids sound like a whole table of christmas crackers being pulled at once when it stops. It leaks a host of fluids and destroys its brakes once a year somehow.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Open Letter to Chrysler Heaters posted:

Please stop dumping coolant on my floor mats.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

CharlesM posted:

I thought it would be very obvious but I was fakeposting! Same reason I bought the manual in my Mazda 3 though.

Eh, it probably should have been. I haven't been all that perceptive lately.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Nyc_Tattoo posted:

Parrots don't just drive, they fly too.

REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Cat Terrist posted:

I think that's the SRT4. The ACR actually handled worth half a poo poo and wasn't turbo.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

~Coxy posted:

REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT

Squawk 7500, Squawk 7500 :tinfoil:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I think that's the SRT4. The ACR actually handled worth half a poo poo and wasn't turbo.

See it's confusing because IIRC there was an "SRT4 ACR" model at the end of the Neon's run.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
The first-gen Neon wasn't a bad little car, compared to its competition. The second gen... yeah, that was a pile of poo poo.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Well theres your problem!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

StandardVC10 posted:

See it's confusing because IIRC there was an "SRT4 ACR" model at the end of the Neon's run.

This is true. I had forgotten about that.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

~Coxy posted:

REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT

Buckle up your birbs, especially when riding in Chrysler products.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

CharlesM posted:

Quite.

Dacheat
Feb 21, 2003
I will say this.....

After owning a chrysler jeep and a CJ-7...

Chrysler has been trying to kill Jeep since 1987. With the exception of the TJ (which if AMC didnt run out of money would have been the CJ's replacement in reality)
Hopefully all subsequent jeeps i own will be AMC era at least you KNOW where they cheaped out.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I should definitely tell my parents to get a new cherokee instead of another rav-4, right?

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Dacheat posted:

I will say this.....

After owning a chrysler jeep and a CJ-7...

Chrysler has been trying to kill Jeep since 1987. With the exception of the TJ (which if AMC didnt run out of money would have been the CJ's replacement in reality)
Hopefully all subsequent jeeps i own will be AMC era at least you KNOW where they cheaped out.

Hey apart from the 4.2's e-carb (that was also available in the CJ-7), the YJ was a perfectly fine successor. The YJ was designed entirely by AMC. Heck- most people forget that AMC built the YJ for in 1986 for the 1987 model year.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Extra posted:

Pretty sure it's a Kia assembled in South Korea with a Mazda engine and Ford badges.

whoops i confused it for the Festiva, which was actually a mazda, and was called the ford aspire outside of the US

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

jamal posted:

I should definitely tell my parents to get a new cherokee instead of another rav-4, right?

lol no.

Unless you want to be the guinea pig for the 15 speed auto trans.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

atomicthumbs posted:

whoops i confused it for the Festiva, which was actually a mazda, and was called the ford aspire outside of the US
Or the Kia Pride.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Kia the other K car.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Automotive Insanity hating on the company that brought us the Hellcat? The same guys that routinely thumb their nose at CAFE by releasing offerings with aggressive designs and great HP to cost ratios? Who cares if they're in the shop half the time. Just think of it as the Mercedes AMG experience without the prestige but also without the cost.

More like Automotive Rationality. SMH

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

More like "Birbs in FCA productsanity"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

IOwnCalculus posted:

More like "Birbs in FCA productsanity"

:golfclap: