Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
seriously, all you do is run around flicking switches and buttons, it's so dull. plus the setting makes me think that i'm in some kind of lovely family movie. discuss - thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
video games lol

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

You gently caress a princess.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Starting with Link to the Past, all the 2D ones are good. The 3D ones are all garbage.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

I'm a grown man and this is my thread.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
a fantasy setting that isn't a total tolkien cribjob, simple but solid gameplay to appeal to your inner beepboop

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
extremely good toys for children, imo

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
ive literally never played a video game or even know what one is and i dont intend to start

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
They are really bad and the only reason people like them is because they have autism.

MyronGognitti
Jun 15, 2008

by zen death robot

quakster posted:

a fantasy setting that isn't a total tolkien cribjob

yeah instead of black people being evil it's a middle easterner LOL
-biting commentary from a hipster

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
you play as zelda

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

FIRST TIME posted:

Starting with Link to the Past, all the 2D ones are good. The 3D ones are all garbage.

now cmon in the grand spectrum of video games you'd be pretty hard pressed to call ocarina of time garbage

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Fonzarelli posted:

you'd be pretty hard pressed to call ocarina of time garbage
It's a great game but massively overrated

Traveling Salesman
Nov 27, 2007

Merchant of Death

Pansacola posted:

you play as zelda

Now this just does it...
:suicide:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Oberleutnant posted:

ive literally never played a video game or even know what one is and i dont intend to start

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Why did the mummies face rape you?

Why?

Lysator
Mar 1, 2015
The world design is very good and it is one of the last adventuring franchises that still has a very oldschool feeling to it. Plus it is usually very lighthearted and not only dark, bitter and grim like mostmodern games tend to be. And of course I guess it has that big nostalgia factor. A lot of people played it as kids and have lots of good memories connected to the series, me too. It surely isn't the most complex or innovative game, but always a great experience.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

At the end of the game Zelda takes off the mask and it is revealed that Zelda is a woman!

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
only zelda game ive 100% was majora.
ocarina was a big empty confusing field, if you liked that well i dont know what to say about you.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

well excuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Fonzarelli posted:

now cmon in the grand spectrum of video games you'd be pretty hard pressed to call ocarina of time garbage

I'm a miserable old man who doesn't "get" 3D games other than maybe Halo or GTA.

I don't even really like Halo, it's just something to do with friends when smoking some good weed.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
it's a game series for literal children. manchildren continue to play it because they grew up with it and have problems moving on into adulthood

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I never really got this series either. Dunno if ive ever finished a zelda game beyond the 2d ones i played as a kid

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nonviolent J posted:

only zelda game ive 100% was majora.
ocarina was a big empty confusing field, if you liked that well i dont know what to say about you.
its really baffling that the level hub everything connects to only has a single npc and one cutscene in it. oot is fuckin weird

oh yeah, and of course the owl. the owl is everywhere

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

you can get sick headshots in it

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.

FIRST TIME posted:

This. Never really gotten into the Zelda games but I loved Link to the past. That was my favorite all time nes game. The rest of them just havent done it for me.

Saying this though Ill buy the new Zelda coming out. First time Ill play one in many years.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
nes really had the best games, yeah

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
dont stop

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Don't.

Stop.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

lol

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

now i understand why people like zelda

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005
its a video game for autists, op

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
They're boring games. I don't know why adults like them.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Dennis System posted:

They're boring games. I don't know why adults like them.
tism transcends age

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i never played ocerania of time when i was younger but i played most of it as an adult and thought it was really good. i also played thr gameboy zelda links awakening and it was good too. thanks for reading my post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
what is the best way to get vomit out of a laptop keyboard?

• Locked thread