Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
or own a car. Maybe if you live right in the middle of the city and are having financial trouble you can get away without owning one - but you should still have a license. Much like moving out, getting a car is a prerequisite for being an independent adult.

Literally everyone I know over the age of 20 who doesn't have a driver's license is a messed-up human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 4, 2010

i can drive and own a car but i am still a messed up human being. hth op

Cracked_Gear
Nov 4, 2013

sorry you failed parallel parking on your driving test OP

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

who are you, OP, that we should care what you think

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
eh, lol if you're american and >16 and can't / don't drive.

europeans get a pass up 'til maybe... 22 or so 'cause you don't really ever have to drive in europe.

other countries can't afford cars so they don't count

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
I actually did fail the first time (not parking tho, didn't know the road rules properly RE a weird traffic light the examiner directed me at), but because I didn't want to be a giant inner-city manchild I had another go and passed.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i had a mototcyle at 20. suck my bepis

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

who are you, OP, that we should care what you think

if everyone thought like you, gbs would collapse. what would goons make threads about if they couldn't call other goons children from liking/doing something?

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
oh look at me I'm 27 and don't have a license, I'm just too busy being a professional wanker to have the time, besides I have a dozen pubs with overhopped microbrew slurries within walking distance, guess I don't need a car afterall :smuggo:

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I've got a car, a 4x4, a motorcycle, my wife also has a car (we're aged 28 and 30)

but we ride our bicycles most of the time. I wish I didn't like driving so much so I could cut back on these expenses related to owning motorized vehicles but alas driving is way too loving fun and my jeep doesn't have a muffler and sounds super badass

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Not going to drive until i can afford a tesla op

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
also driving when you're a teenager is seriously the coolest thing ever, I actually had to wait until 17 to get my full license but hoo boy when you finally get the key's to mom's car and head off for the afternoon, able to go anywhere and do anything, it feels goddamned good

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
Imagine being a grown man/woman and never knowing that feeling.

Getting your driver's license should be part of high school IMO.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Which is worse being over 20 and not having a license or turning 21 and finding out you can't legally drink with an expired ID?

Because my girlfriends sister learned that second one yesterday on her 21st birthday.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I had a seizure while driving and now i can't drive so thanks for making fun of my medical condition OP

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sovereign citizen stuff might be closer to the truth than we are willing to admit.
i have a license, but no car. I do however have a moped (NOT a motor scooter)

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
enjoy your money sink OP. make sure you change the oil every 3 months or 3,000 miles. that you insurance stays current, and that the tags and inspection are up to date as well. and while you do all that, i'll enjoy watching my savings account grow. and when your car finally shits out on you permanently, you can start the process over again. :smuggo:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
i can drive in gta

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
dunno where i'd put a car tbh

DGib
Jan 22, 2010
lmao people who drive cars are seriously the most worthless rednecks

A Touch of Satan
Apr 6, 2009
Far too busy living beyond my means in other ways.

joxxuh
May 20, 2011
I live in a civilized country where I can order groceries delivered to my door, and enjoy an immense, well functioning public transport network. I also own a home near to my place of employment.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

A misanthrope posted:

if everyone thought like you, gbs would collapse. what would goons make threads about if they couldn't call other goons children from liking/doing something?

i eagerly anticipate this brave new world

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sovereign citizen stuff might be closer to the truth than we are willing to admit.

joxxuh posted:

I live in a civilized country where I can order groceries delivered to my door, and enjoy an immense, well functioning public transport network. I also own a home near to my place of employment.

look mommy, a communist

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Enfield posted:

i had a mototcyle at 20. suck my bepis

Lol if it was an Enfield.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

Len posted:

Which is worse being over 20 and not having a license or turning 21 and finding out you can't legally drink with an expired ID?

Because my girlfriends sister learned that second one yesterday on her 21st birthday.

Im the bartender who wouldnt give your sisters dumbass friend a lovely appletini

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
lol if you live in a country that has a drinking age of 21. Can die in iraq, can't drink a natty ice, go puritanism!

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I've got a car, a 4x4, a motorcycle, my wife also has a car (we're aged 28 and 30)

but we ride our bicycles most of the time. I wish I didn't like driving so much so I could cut back on these expenses related to owning motorized vehicles but alas driving is way too loving fun and my jeep doesn't have a muffler and sounds super badass

Did your bike come with a bag of poppers and lube? It should because bike riding is for homos

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

DGib posted:

lmao people who drive cars are seriously the most worthless rednecks

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Lol if it was an Enfield.

actually it was an old suzuki katana, my second bike was an enfield and it got md all the babes

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

i understand how people can do this in large cities where the public transportation isn't poo poo and any destination is a 15 minute walk from the near bus stop/rail station/wherever you go for subways

but i used to live in Florida, a state where you can always see campaign signs against bills funding public transit in every county because MAH TAX DOLLARS and the bus schedules in every city are meaningless because the drivers don't get paid enough to give a gently caress (i'm talking late by two hours on a regular basis), and still like a quarter of my friends there relied on that or bumming rides all the time to get around

if you want to bike everywhere, good luck because nearly every regular bike-rider i know (including myself) has been struck or nearly struck by a car at some point

god i'm glad i moved out of Florida

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
My old car wouldn't start if it was below 20 degrees and I live in fuckin Idaho so I couldn't get to work.
Had to take 2 buses and leave 90 minutes before shift just for a 12 minute drive. gently caress Idaho. they won't let light rail or amtrak or decent buses in our town but you also can't park anywhere.

Dougie McdDouger
Nov 19, 2014

I do like muffins , but I tango all night long.
Why the gently caress would I own a car in the middle of Manhattan?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I bought my first car when I turned 18 and drove it to the DMV to take my license test. My brother just got his drivers license at 28. He's broken.

Baby the Birdman
Jul 14, 2005

Every real nigga fuck they main girl in the ass.
More and more I meet guys in their 20s and 30s that can't drive stick, how can you call yourself a man? what a bunch of fags! lol

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Unhinged Vulcan posted:

enjoy your money sink OP. make sure you change the oil every 3 months or 3,000 miles. that you insurance stays current, and that the tags and inspection are up to date as well. and while you do all that, i'll enjoy watching my savings account grow. and when your car finally shits out on you permanently, you can start the process over again. :smuggo:

so why arent you a functional human being. is it some kind of heavy medication or extreme disability keeping you housebound?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Lol, if your country doesn't have dece. public transport

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

lol if you expect anyone to care about the troubles of people who live in florida

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Baby the Birdman posted:

More and more I meet guys in their 20s and 30s that can't drive stick, how can you call yourself a man? what a bunch of fags! lol

i drive my own stick :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 4, 2010

im guessing op just passed his test and bought a car then?

• Locked thread