Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Maybe they don't like playing their video games in a dark room, alone, sitting in a chair with a hole cut in the seat and a sock tapped underneath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
*computer well exceeds recommended specs*

*game still has problems you need to diagnose*

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Hobohemian posted:

Maybe they don't like playing their video games in a dark room, alone, sitting in a chair with a hole cut in the seat and a sock tapped underneath.

lol if you cant afford a steel bedpan like the pro dota players have

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

lol if youre so poor you don't have a console and a computer

Lol yeah, I totally only own a computer and no game console because I'm a poor, and definitely not because I have better things to spend my money on, such as collectibles from Japanese superhero shows.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Universe Master posted:

In the year 2015, Hardline can only run at 720p on the xbone.

PC gaming master race.

"This poo poo game runs marginally better on my expensive gaming system that takes up enormous amounts of space, has a dedicated screen smaller than most TVs, and can only be enjoyed from one sitting position, by myself, with expensive peripherals that are difficult to clean and are thus encrusted by my own putrescence"

-PC gamers

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Hobohemian posted:

Or maybe some people aren't inconsiderate pricks who hog the TV in the living room so they can play games. Seriously, no one wants to watch you play video games.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Verisimilidude posted:

"This poo poo game runs marginally better on my expensive gaming system that takes up enormous amounts of space, has a dedicated screen smaller than most TVs, and can only be enjoyed from one sitting position, by myself, with expensive peripherals that are difficult to clean and are thus encrusted by my own putrescence"

-PC gamers

keyboard goop is a serious problem. pros use mechanical keyboards so they can remove keys and clean it up. plus that awesome clickity clack. click click click, bitch.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

what even does an "it guy" even do, even

Makes sure the phones and internet in the office work, basically.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Or maybe some people aren't inconsiderate pricks who hog the TV in the living room so they can play games. Seriously, no one wants to watch you play video games.

what's it like to not be a normal adult who can distinguish the difference between times to play singleplayer games, times to play multiplayers and times to not play games?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

gay skull posted:

Cause computers are for human being nerds.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

Makes sure the phones and internet in the office work, basically.

and tell people to reboot their computer

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Blazing Zero posted:

what's it like to not be a normal adult who can distinguish the difference between times to play singleplayer games, times to play multiplayers and times to not play games?

This is the same forum that thinks someone who spends 100% of their free time smoking weed and playing video games has it made.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Blazing Zero posted:

Except no one ever wants to see or hear another person playing games. In a separate room, wearing headphones, on a PC is the way to go if you're not an inconsiderate douchebag. It's the entertainment equivalent of jacking off in front of other people. No one wants to see or hear it.

Also having consoles in the living room as an adult makes you look like a pathetic manchild.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Verisimilidude posted:

This is the same forum that thinks someone who spends 100% of their free time smoking weed and playing video games has it made.

i'm sorry you default to some hivemind of a community and are unable to have independent thought. goondolences, friend.

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 22, 2015

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Except no one ever wants to see or hear another person playing games. In a separate room, wearing headphones, on a PC is the way to go if you're not an inconsiderate douchebag. It's the entertainment equivalent of jacking off in front of other people. No one wants to see or hear it.

once again. if you have friends over, you're probably being a loving douchebag on a pc or a console. if you can't figure out why this is, well i don't know how to help you.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Also having consoles in the living room as an adult makes you look like a pathetic manchild.

i think youtube would disagree with you

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Lol at these people posting about updating drivers and loving with settings.

No ones had to do that poo poo in years you just download games from steam and they work.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

i like sitting on my couch with my pup when it's video game time

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Pookum posted:

No ones had to do that poo poo in years you just download games from steam and they work.

gently caress you if you don't run linux and have the latest open sourced tarball drivers for everything you loving casual

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Pookum posted:

Fo reals. I don't even remember the last time I had a compatibility issue.

Steam has saved me some mad :10bux:

edit: gently caress, I can't even remember the last time I didn't play a game on full setting either. The PC I built 4 years ago has been a champ.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 22, 2015

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
'scuse me, gonna play some classic pre-millennium games on my PC

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Airborne Viking posted:

'scuse me, gonna play some classic pre-millennium games on my PC

have fun playing quake 2

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Airborne Viking posted:

Fo reals. I don't even remember the last time I had a compatibility issue.

Steam has saved me some mad :10bux:

edit: gently caress, I can't even remember the last time I didn't play a game on full setting either. The PC I built 4 years ago has been a champ.

Pretty much this. PC games these days tend to just work. PC hardware is super powerful compared to consoles and even midrange stuff will often max out games. And Steam is cheap as hell. We pay like 1/6 what console gamers pay for their games. It's like the people typing some of this poo poo haven't experience PC gaming in like 10-15 years.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 22, 2015

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Because console gaming is a better experience.

It's just that simple.

Are PC games cheaper in the long run? Yes. Do they have better graphics? Usually. Are PC gamers tremendous shitlords? Yes.

But it's really just a better experience on a console. You have a more comfortable environment. The games that crossover between platforms are made for consoles. PC is an afterthought. The things that are only on PCs would suck on consoles, anyway. The console friendly stuff isn't as fun on a PC.

Also, gaming with a mouse/keyboard is utter poo poo compared to a controller.

Ban OP.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i recently bought a PS3 because it was $150 and the games for it were $5 a piece. I can't buy a computer better than the one i'm posting on for $150 and I wanted to play Skyrim :shrug:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dearest pc gamers, although you have autism and are likely very angry due to the serious chaffing on your virgin self-abused penises, it would behoove you to stfu about how other people play video games because despite your well reasoned arguments nobody loving cares.

in the future i hope you can avoid killing yourselves as even your fat idiot god, gaben moves into the console market

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Because console gaming is a better experience.

It's just that simple.

Are PC games cheaper in the long run? Yes. Do they have better graphics? Usually. Are PC gamers tremendous shitlords? Yes.

But it's really just a better experience on a console. You have a more comfortable environment. The games that crossover between platforms are made for consoles. PC is an afterthought. The things that are only on PCs would suck on consoles, anyway. The console friendly stuff isn't as fun on a PC.

Also, gaming with a mouse/keyboard is utter poo poo compared to a controller.

Ban OP.

FPSs which are all the rage on consoles right now suck donkey dong with a controller. They're basically uncontrollable without tons of autoaim. They control flawlessly with a keyboard and mouse.

Also no strategy games on consoles. Some of us enjoy games that actually make us think, and don't just want to watch stupid movie type games that are barely interactive, which is most of what you have on consoles because you can't actually control anything with a controller.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dick Fagballzson posted:

FPSs which are all the rage on consoles right now suck donkey dong with a controller. They're basically uncontrollable without tons of autoaim. They control flawlessly with a keyboard and mouse.

They control like poo poo with a keyboard and mouse. Oh look, I just turned around faster than the speed of light. They are much smoother on consoles.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Also no strategy games on consoles. Some of us enjoy games that actually make us think, and don't just want to watch stupid movie type games that are barely interactive, which is most of what you have on consoles because you can't actually control anything with a controller.

I have no problem with auto-aim. I play videogames to have fun and its more fun when its easier to shoot things

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Dick Fagballzson posted:

woman spotted

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dick Fagballzson posted:

That's what your phone is for.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

They control like poo poo with a keyboard and mouse. Oh look, I just turned around faster than the speed of light. They are much smoother on consoles.

Trying to play an FPS with thumbsticks is like being a palsy victim doing brain surgery with a pipe wrench.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Trying to play an FPS with thumbsticks is like being a palsy victim doing brain surgery with a pipe wrench.

oh. you're one of those people

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dick Fagballzson posted:

I'm sorry you have such poor hand/eye coordination. Do you punch yourself in the balls when you jack off?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh man i guess the billions of hours of fun people had with console fps's over the last 15 years were fake and all the money they spend every year on them isn't real.

if only they knew sooner, dick fagballzon, we could have stopped this!

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Did you know that you can use a controller with a pc?

You can.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Moving and aiming with two analog sticks is actually MUCH easier than with a mouse/keyboard.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

oh man i guess the billions of hours of fun people had with console fps's over the last 15 years were fake and all the money they spend every year on them isn't real.

if only they knew sooner, dick fagballzon, we could have stopped this!

Casuals playing casual FPSs. They wouldn't last two seconds in COunter-Strike or anything real.

You probably also think people who play Candy Crush are real gamers.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Universe Master posted:

You can.

it loving rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Universe Master posted:

You can.

Yeah, but why when you can use a glorious mouse/keyboard? Also, at that point, why not just play on a console. The glory days of PC gaming are long gone. Unfortunately the PC gamer whining is much louder due to the internet soapbox.

• Locked thread