Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Cuz my TV is bigger than my monitor and hooked up to some sweet speakers.

And I use a computer at work all day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah, but why when you can use a glorious mouse/keyboard? Also, at that point, why not just play on a console. The glory days of PC gaming are long gone. Unfortunately the PC gamer whining is much louder due to the internet soapbox.

i like playing old console games on my pc. using an x-box controller is great on pc

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Moving and aiming with two analog sticks is actually MUCH easier than with a mouse/keyboard.

How? Shooters are all about precise aim. Moving a mouse with your whole arm and hand is much closer to aiming a gun than twiddling your thumb around.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Personal preference probably.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

A titan x can almost get 60 fps with all the bells and whistles turned on at loving 4k resolution.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Casuals playing casual FPSs. They wouldn't last two seconds in COunter-Strike or anything real.

You probably also think people who play Candy Crush are real gamers.

If you play video games you are a gamer. If you unironically use the word "gamer" you are a loser nerd .

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

if you don't have a htpc hooked up to your flatscreen via hdmi so that you can download and watch / play whatever you want at any given time you are loving up

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah, but why when you can use a glorious mouse/keyboard? Also, at that point, why not just play on a console.

I know you're a troll but on the off-chance someone doesn't know a lot of games like platformers and 3rd person action romps really do control better with a controller., so you get the better control and still have all the awesome customization/optimization options of a PC.

quote:

The glory days of PC gaming are long gone. Unfortunately the PC gamer whining is much louder due to the internet soapbox.

This is how I know you're a troll.

------------------------------

As my above points prove I'm a big supporter of PC gaming and all that, but then I look at reddit and I see this...

:ughh: God-loving-dammit children.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hobohemian posted:

If you play video games you are a gamer. If you unironically use the word "gamer" you are a loser nerd .

this is the truth

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

this is the truth

Use the phrase "gamer", am loser nerd. Is truth.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

it matters a lot what machine other people use to play a game

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

sometimes I play computer games and sometimes I play console games

Welp cya

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Hobohemian posted:

So fat middle aged house wives playing phone games are gamers now? This is the most retarded argument ever.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

Use the phrase "gamer", am loser nerd. Is truth.

yeah, you got it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dick Fagballzson posted:

So fat middle aged house wives playing phone games are gamers now? This is the most retarded argument ever.

yes

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

And Zoe Quiin is a real game developer.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dick Fagballzson posted:

They are, and the more loser nerds like us act like exclusionary assholes because we don't like them as people the worse we'll be in the long run.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dick Fagballzson posted:

:can:

I'm out.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

mind the walrus posted:

I know you're a troll but on the off-chance someone doesn't know a lot of games like platformers and 3rd person action romps really do control better with a controller., so you get the better control and still have all the awesome customization/optimization options of a PC.

This is how I know you're a troll.

------------------------------

As my above points prove I'm a big supporter of PC gaming and all that, but then I look at reddit and I see this...

:ughh: God-loving-dammit children.

Which is a big part of the reason I am so pro console now. PC Gamers are the worst.

Another Console pro: game sharing. Can't really do that with PCs any more.
Ultimately, for me, playing a game sitting on a couch is a lot more fun than sitting at a desk. Playing on a 55 inch screen is better than a 24. Playing with surround sound and a nice subwoofer is better than with my, very nice, computer speakers.

Also, I can play GTA V. And Journey. And Nintendo games.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dick Fagballzson posted:

did she make a game that was distributed by a major company? I don't know who she is.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Which is a big part of the reason I am so pro console now. PC Gamers are the worst.

Ultimately, for me, playing a game sitting on a couch is a lot more fun than sitting at a desk. Playing on a 55 inch screen is better than a 24. Playing with surround sound and a nice subwoofer is better than with my, very nice, computer speakers.

2/10 I know I seem like a scrub but this poo poo is weaksauce.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

mind the walrus posted:

2/10 I know I seem like a scrub but this poo poo is weaksauce.

Don't be sad that you can't play GTA V. A year and a half after it came out. LOL!!!

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

You can hook a PC up to your TV idiot.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Or you could make some friends in real life.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Waltzing Along posted:

Don't be sad that you can't play GTA V. A year and a half after it came out. LOL!!!

April 14th

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dick Fagballzson posted:

bbbbbut the aspect ratio isn't right :qq:

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

They are, and the more loser nerds like us act like exclusionary assholes because we don't like them as people the worse we'll be in the long run.

It's like saying both Forumla One drivers and women who drive minivans are the same thing. They aren't. And I doubt the women driving minivans would even refer to themselves as drivers.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dick Fagballzson posted:

You can hook a console up to your monitor, idiot. Oh wait, I wouldn't want to.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dick Fagballzson posted:

It's like saying both Forumla One drivers and women who drive minivans are the same thing. They aren't. And I doubt the women driving minivans would even refer to themselves as drivers.

are you for real? I can't tell

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Dick Fagballzson posted:

"No Mom, you see just because you're driving me to gamestop right now does that make you a professional NASCAR racer? "

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dick Fagballzson posted:

That is true, but the Formula One drivers and fans don't go around bitching about the definition of "driver." They're secure enough to let their niche and expertise speak for itself. That's the difference.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
PC Gaming died when Lucasarts stopped making point and click adventures.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I'm dead serious. I'm tired of casuals and their lovely consoles ruining my once great hobby.

PC games from the late 90's were massively better than anything now in all ways other than graphics. Gaming has gone down the tubes thanks to casual loving idiots. It seems like some developers want to try to recapture that PC golden age magic, Bioshock Infinite being a good example. But it's hard when you have to contend with the mouth breathers with their thumbsticks.

Half-Life, Homeworld, Total Annhilation, Deus Ex, Freespace 2, and System Shock 2 poo poo all over all recent games. And we have casuals diluting the hobby to thank for that.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 22, 2015

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

If only. Sigh...

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dick Fagballzson posted:

I'm dead serious. I'm tired of casuals and their lovely consoles ruining my once great hobby.

you are a pathetic excuse for a human being

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Making other people think you're a complete idiot doesn't seem like a very good gimmick.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hobohemian posted:

Making other people think you're a complete idiot doesn't seem like a very good gimmick.

he's very good at it

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Universe Master posted:

Did you know that you can use a controller anything with a pc?

You can.

fixed that for you

edit: vvv lol vvv

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 22, 2015

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Airborne Viking posted:

fixed that for you

Not a wii-mote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Universe Master posted:

Not a wii-mote.