Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Because console gaming is a better experience.

It's just that simple.

Are PC games cheaper in the long run? Yes. Do they have better graphics? Usually. Are PC gamers tremendous shitlords? Yes.

But it's really just a better experience on a console. You have a more comfortable environment. The games that crossover between platforms are made for consoles. PC is an afterthought. The things that are only on PCs would suck on consoles, anyway. The console friendly stuff isn't as fun on a PC.

Also, gaming with a mouse/keyboard is utter poo poo compared to a controller.

Ban OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dick Fagballzson posted:

FPSs which are all the rage on consoles right now suck donkey dong with a controller. They're basically uncontrollable without tons of autoaim. They control flawlessly with a keyboard and mouse.

They control like poo poo with a keyboard and mouse. Oh look, I just turned around faster than the speed of light. They are much smoother on consoles.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Also no strategy games on consoles. Some of us enjoy games that actually make us think, and don't just want to watch stupid movie type games that are barely interactive, which is most of what you have on consoles because you can't actually control anything with a controller.

That's what your phone is for.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Trying to play an FPS with thumbsticks is like being a palsy victim doing brain surgery with a pipe wrench.

I'm sorry you have such poor hand/eye coordination. Do you punch yourself in the balls when you jack off?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Trying to play an FPS with thumbsticks is like being a palsy victim doing brain surgery with a pipe wrench.

Moving and aiming with two analog sticks is actually MUCH easier than with a mouse/keyboard.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Universe Master posted:

Did you know that you can use a controller with a pc?

You can.

Yeah, but why when you can use a glorious mouse/keyboard? Also, at that point, why not just play on a console. The glory days of PC gaming are long gone. Unfortunately the PC gamer whining is much louder due to the internet soapbox.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

mind the walrus posted:

I know you're a troll but on the off-chance someone doesn't know a lot of games like platformers and 3rd person action romps really do control better with a controller., so you get the better control and still have all the awesome customization/optimization options of a PC.

This is how I know you're a troll.

------------------------------

As my above points prove I'm a big supporter of PC gaming and all that, but then I look at reddit and I see this...

:ughh: God-loving-dammit children.

Which is a big part of the reason I am so pro console now. PC Gamers are the worst.

Another Console pro: game sharing. Can't really do that with PCs any more.
Ultimately, for me, playing a game sitting on a couch is a lot more fun than sitting at a desk. Playing on a 55 inch screen is better than a 24. Playing with surround sound and a nice subwoofer is better than with my, very nice, computer speakers.

Also, I can play GTA V. And Journey. And Nintendo games.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

mind the walrus posted:

2/10 I know I seem like a scrub but this poo poo is weaksauce.

Don't be sad that you can't play GTA V. A year and a half after it came out. LOL!!!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dick Fagballzson posted:

You can hook a PC up to your TV idiot.

You can hook a console up to your monitor, idiot. Oh wait, I wouldn't want to.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
PC Gaming died when Lucasarts stopped making point and click adventures.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

If only. Sigh...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think my favorite thing about PCmasterracers is that they don't seem to realize that most console gamers also have a PC but just prefer the better setup. The PC people just have to go on and on and on and on about how they are so great to people who already have exactly the same things and more on the console side. It's pretty funny, really. Also, incredibly easy to get wound up.

This is a good honeypot thread, OP. Good job!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Wii U and 3ds are both great.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Everyone in this thread is the biggest human being on the internet.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dangit Ronpaul posted:

anybody who doesn't have both a PC and console(s) is an irredeemable fuckboy and should kill themselves

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Zzulu posted:

This thread is just pointless wankery

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The best game of the past 10 years is currently only playable on a PS3. It should be out on PS4 soon.

No plans to ever port it to PC, which is unfortunate. It's such a landmark achievement it really should be shared across all platforms but Sony doesn't seem to understand this.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Dark Souls and GTA do not hold a candle to Journey.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I guess it was inevitable that the sperglord autists would devolve this wonderful conversation into Dark Souls.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The best thing about Dark Souls is when you hear someone going on about how great it is you know you can ignore every single thing that person ever says and be a better person for it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Verisimilidude posted:

Bayonetta 2 came out on Wii U so really this thread is pointless.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

satanic splash-back posted:

wow 7 pages and not a single good reason to buy a console instead of a computer

To not be like you. How's that?

loving pwned motherfucker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I like how he uses Bioshock Infinite as an example of a good game.

It's terrible. LIke, really really bad. Especially in comparison to the other games in its own series.

• Locked thread