Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
console gaming used to have a lot of benefits over PC:

you had a nice controller, when you put in the game it would instantly be playable, and there was 4-player local multiplayer

but now you have to spend about 4 hours to install the game to the console, your $100 million controller feels like mushy poo poo and works on PC anyway, and you're lucky to find a game with 2-player local multiplayer.

that's why I'd rather spend $400 to upgrade my PC instead of spending $500-600 on the new piece of poo poo from sony or microsoft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
people always compare 1 console to 1 pc which is kind of bullshit, my pc cost me about $1000 at this point so if you compared that to a ps4 at $350 used on ebay then yeah it looks like I overpayed. factor in that this computer has lasted 10 years, through 2 1/2 console generations, gives me access to exclusive content not available on consoles, no subscription fees, and a library of games, video, and music unheard of on any console; its almost like videogame consoles are toys for children.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Laughing Man posted:

see every thread about pc games, always somebody that cant get it to run or has some weird poo poo going on

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

*activation server goes offline in 8 years, entire PC game collection, even 1 player ones with no online play, stop working*

*this has never happened and never will*

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
its a funny question because it involves 2 factions of stupid nerds criticizing each other's nerdiness and stupidity.

• Locked thread