Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

gay skull posted:

*nasal voice* ooh should I get the P4F650SE or the P4650DX motherboard for my sweet gaming rig? One has dual channel RAM and the other had triple buffer antialiasing and I'm gay and learn all this stupid bullshit nobody cares about just to play games

And then can usually get a job in IT because you learn so much about computers. I'm not really seeing why this is a bad thing. I don't think I've ever met an IT person who didn't start out as a PC gamer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Laughing Man posted:

let me update my drivers ok taht didnt work, let me roll back my drivers, wait that didnt work, ok it works but runs like poo poo let me turn down a few of the options, ok my controller is acting weird I have to make sure its turned on before I start the game, oh my computer just crashed, let me restart it then steam then the game, oh i got this game that is suppose to be in my system requirements but it doesnt run because i have an amd and need to wait for a patch

oh wait i just poo poo myself brb

PC gamers don't use controllers you silly n00b. Keyboard and mouse ftw.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Hobohemian posted:

Maybe they don't like playing their video games in a dark room, alone, sitting in a chair with a hole cut in the seat and a sock tapped underneath.

Or maybe some people aren't inconsiderate pricks who hog the TV in the living room so they can play games. Seriously, no one wants to watch you play video games.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Blazing Zero posted:

what's it like to not be a normal adult who can distinguish the difference between times to play singleplayer games, times to play multiplayers and times to not play games?

Except no one ever wants to see or hear another person playing games. In a separate room, wearing headphones, on a PC is the way to go if you're not an inconsiderate douchebag. It's the entertainment equivalent of jacking off in front of other people. No one wants to see or hear it.

Also having consoles in the living room as an adult makes you look like a pathetic manchild.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Airborne Viking posted:

Fo reals. I don't even remember the last time I had a compatibility issue.

Steam has saved me some mad :10bux:

edit: gently caress, I can't even remember the last time I didn't play a game on full setting either. The PC I built 4 years ago has been a champ.

Pretty much this. PC games these days tend to just work. PC hardware is super powerful compared to consoles and even midrange stuff will often max out games. And Steam is cheap as hell. We pay like 1/6 what console gamers pay for their games. It's like the people typing some of this poo poo haven't experience PC gaming in like 10-15 years.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 22, 2015

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Because console gaming is a better experience.

It's just that simple.

Are PC games cheaper in the long run? Yes. Do they have better graphics? Usually. Are PC gamers tremendous shitlords? Yes.

But it's really just a better experience on a console. You have a more comfortable environment. The games that crossover between platforms are made for consoles. PC is an afterthought. The things that are only on PCs would suck on consoles, anyway. The console friendly stuff isn't as fun on a PC.

Also, gaming with a mouse/keyboard is utter poo poo compared to a controller.

Ban OP.

FPSs which are all the rage on consoles right now suck donkey dong with a controller. They're basically uncontrollable without tons of autoaim. They control flawlessly with a keyboard and mouse.

Also no strategy games on consoles. Some of us enjoy games that actually make us think, and don't just want to watch stupid movie type games that are barely interactive, which is most of what you have on consoles because you can't actually control anything with a controller.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

They control like poo poo with a keyboard and mouse. Oh look, I just turned around faster than the speed of light. They are much smoother on consoles.

Trying to play an FPS with thumbsticks is like being a palsy victim doing brain surgery with a pipe wrench.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

oh man i guess the billions of hours of fun people had with console fps's over the last 15 years were fake and all the money they spend every year on them isn't real.

if only they knew sooner, dick fagballzon, we could have stopped this!

Casuals playing casual FPSs. They wouldn't last two seconds in COunter-Strike or anything real.

You probably also think people who play Candy Crush are real gamers.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Moving and aiming with two analog sticks is actually MUCH easier than with a mouse/keyboard.

How? Shooters are all about precise aim. Moving a mouse with your whole arm and hand is much closer to aiming a gun than twiddling your thumb around.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Hobohemian posted:

If you play video games you are a gamer. If you unironically use the word "gamer" you are a loser nerd .

So fat middle aged house wives playing phone games are gamers now? This is the most retarded argument ever.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

And Zoe Quiin is a real game developer.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Which is a big part of the reason I am so pro console now. PC Gamers are the worst.

Another Console pro: game sharing. Can't really do that with PCs any more.
Ultimately, for me, playing a game sitting on a couch is a lot more fun than sitting at a desk. Playing on a 55 inch screen is better than a 24. Playing with surround sound and a nice subwoofer is better than with my, very nice, computer speakers.

Also, I can play GTA V. And Journey. And Nintendo games.

You can hook a PC up to your TV idiot.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

They are, and the more loser nerds like us act like exclusionary assholes because we don't like them as people the worse we'll be in the long run.

It's like saying both Forumla One drivers and women who drive minivans are the same thing. They aren't. And I doubt the women driving minivans would even refer to themselves as drivers.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

are you for real? I can't tell

I'm dead serious. I'm tired of casuals and their lovely consoles ruining my once great hobby.

PC games from the late 90's were massively better than anything now in all ways other than graphics. Gaming has gone down the tubes thanks to casual loving idiots. It seems like some developers want to try to recapture that PC golden age magic, Bioshock Infinite being a good example. But it's hard when you have to contend with the mouth breathers with their thumbsticks.

Half-Life, Homeworld, Total Annhilation, Deus Ex, Freespace 2, and System Shock 2 poo poo all over all recent games. And we have casuals diluting the hobby to thank for that.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 22, 2015

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

The Whole Internet posted:

Imo the current generation of consoles is poop, and I'd be claiming pc supremacy but steam and all similar distros are also poop.

True. But when there's a dry spell PCs can do a million other things. Consoles are useless dust collecting poo poo bricks without good games.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Ramsus posted:

please do not get a pc because I don't need failures that can't even build their own PC on MY TEAM

I feel like having to build your own PC is basically an entrance IQ test that keeps the kids and mongoloids out of PC gaming.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

dark souls is already on PC

And Dark Souls 2. Also both games are overrated garbage.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
I beat the first boss on the first try. It was actually the lousy graphics and lack of a story that put me off. The standards of quality are very low on the consoles if people consider that good.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

i still can't tell if you are for real or not

100% real. Also why is the movement so clunky? It feels like playing with boxing gloves on.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

I like how he uses Bioshock Infinite as an example of a good game.

It's terrible. LIke, really really bad. Especially in comparison to the other games in its own series.

I gave examples of games I think are great. What games do you like that are so much better than System Shock 2 or Half-Life or Deus Ex?

Bioshock Infinite was great. Probably the only game I've really liked in the last few years other than Deus Ex Human Revolution and Shadow of Mordor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

this thread would be nothing without you.

You Call of Duty loving console n00bs just can't deal with a man of my impeccable tastes.\

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

i don't think his supercomputer can run it

I have a GTX 980. It can run anything.

• Locked thread